Paweł Modliński

Ideas And Feature Requests For Dying Light Developers.

1,990 posts in this topic

ok for every player. I am big fan of dying light now what would be good idea I have make fast travel to harran old city and countryside I know dune buggy wont be much use but that's ok fast travel country side to get the buggy then fast travel back to be more parkor I thing think the players would love to have that option.

I feel like the safe houses in the game way too safe. That may sound silly, but I feel like it would really add to the dire situations that the zombie apocalypse would cause.

Right now, once you have captured a safe house, it's ALWAYS safe, which can take away a lot of the intensity of the game. I was thinking of sometimes having safe houses require some task for them to be functional every once in a while, like more materials to power UV lights or having more of an incentive to pick up airdrops. I'm not sure how you could prevent these tasks from being annoying and repetitive, but it would great if you guys found a way! ^^

Also, I would really appreciate it if you added a way to skip quests after completing the game, without starting a new one.

EDIT: It would also be very helpful if you had an option to show the equipment/throwable select menu when the HUD is disabled!

Edited by Digital Oddity

I feel like the safe houses in the game way too safe. That may sound silly, but I feel like it would really add to the dire situations that the zombie apocalypse would cause.

Right now, once you have captured a safe house, it's ALWAYS safe, which can take away a lot of the intensity of the game. I was thinking of sometimes having safe houses require some task for them to be functional every once in a while, like more materials to power UV lights or having more of an incentive to pick up airdrops. I'm not sure how you could prevent these tasks from being annoying and repetitive, but it would great if you guys found a way! ^^

Also, I would really appreciate it if you added a way to skip quests after completing the game, without starting a new one.

EDIT: It would also be very helpful if you had an option to show the equipment/throwable select menu when the HUD is disabled!

Yes, this as exactly what I was thinking, maybe instead of flares its supplies for keeping a safe house up let the player pick witch safe house they want kept up and the last bit about the weapons/throwable wheel definitely needs to be added I don't use no HUD option (even though I want too) because of it, I mean weapons are fine because I can see the item but throwables are a no go.

Side note: has anybody noticed that female zombies and some male zombies die in with a little tap, I mean nightmare difficulty is amazing but this bugs me a little bit      

Edit: more HUD options in general would be greatly appreciated

Edited by Sora

Hello Techland,

I would like to suggest adding more rare blueprints with strong single effects as well (Impact, Freeze, Electric). I saw that Fire, Bleed and Toxic were already in place. (Thank You so much for that)

Also, Is there a way you can increase a drop rate for Gold tier weapons? At least in hard mode?

I've been looting very hard crates and vans, doing quarantines, killing demolishes, volatiles etc... since the gold tier and hard more were first introduced in the game.

All I got was 1 gold sledgehammer and I have not found anything else besides this sledgehammer, given that I was doing that for almost a year and played nearly 300 hours - it is very abysmal and ridiculous drop rate which reduces motivation to keep playing.

I heard the drop rate was increased In one of the earlier patches, but how come I still do not get any gold weapons playing on hard mode?

1 Gold Weapon after looting around for nearly 1 Year? Seriously?

Gold weapon reward probability rate during invasions should also be increased as many of night hunters are maxed out by now, or nearly maxed out in their rank. For fairly new survivor players it is really hard to win many games in a row with such hunters, especially going solo.

I would greatly appreciate if these things get addressed in future patches.

Thank You as always!

-xPauler

I would love to see a VSync Option on the XBox One Version of the Enhanced Edition.

There are some Areas in the Game where I expirienced some Bad Screen Tearing. Please Fix this Issue with a small Update.

It sometimes ruins the whole Game for me so I have to quit playing. This schould not happen in a Game these Days.

Never see that Issue with other Open World Games like GTA or Assassins Creed.

Your Game is Awesome and I love too play it, but without this issue it could be even better.

Thanks in advance

Anubisz0205

Got some suggestions for BTZ mode.
As we all know btz mode is only one mode with human's destroying nests and NH kills human's 10 times. I mean dont get me wrong its cool but get's abit repetative. Why not add some new sub mode for BTZ? Like for example simmilar to Left 4 Dead:

Match with more human's and max 4 hunter's or 1 hunter and 3 other different special infected from the game like evolved volatiles and evolved toads with increased health or something, Enhanced Demolisher should be equal as a Tank from Left 4 Dead which is player controlable.
So anyways Demolisher is the most powerful of them but all these player controlled infected are weak to UV light.

In this mode all infected have their special abilities:

Evolved Toads can spit all spit's as NH and also can use his toungue like a smoker from L4D to pull victims back, also this subtype of toad regenerates faster his toxic spit than NH but slower than NH other spit's, Toads only escape mechanism is his speed and agility which can leap far distances and scream which can summon normal infected to aid him (like a screamer), has weakest claw attack - 125 HP - 1-2 hits with any weapon. - max spawn 1

Evolved Volatile is simmilar to NH but with less skills, all his skills are the same as new volatiles from the following. Basically its stronger than normal volatile. 
HP 300 - 4-5 hits - can spawn max of two 

Evolved Demonlisher is a special infected which spawns only if Infected team is losing of if a player on infected side has most kills or damage inflicted to human's. Demolisher has the same abilities as normal demolisher from the game but with one new skill. His scream "MMB" stuns all players around him and can summon viral's to his aid.  To kill it players will need to remove his armor like in the normal game to start to inflict damage, after that Demolisher dies by at least 10-12 hits - 1200-1500 HP Max

Night Hunter will stay the same because this is most powerful special infected that can only be spawned once in a match. 

Basically infected side should kill human's which try to finish certain tasks to win this mode, gather resources to build/repair safe zones and battle along the way the infected, the human side wins when they enter the safe zone, 1 human minimum.

Basically this idea of a mode for BTZ is the same as Versus of Left 4 Dead, since Dying Light has very simmilar or the same features lke good old L4D i dont see a reason why Techland should think this idea through and modify it to their own taste.

12:42 PM 2/27/2016

You guys watching me online playing on STEAM?

I was alt+tabbing out watching random vids online too but came back into the game and deleted The Following saved game.  I read it carefully said it was going to delete both games but just making sure.  Deleted it and went back to my other game in the regular Dying Light campaign and deleted it too.  So I went back to desktop and copied that 231940 folder into Userdata folder and guess what...  it didn't work.

:LKJAL:KJFDKL"JFSLDK:"KLSDJF  Yeah Im pissed.  I haven't messed with STEAM CLOUD but Im pretty sure I have it on I hope I do.  I never loaded my saved files up to STEAM either.  Level 91 and already maxed out on skills.  Stuff like this is whats going to make me quit playing forever hahaha.  Samething happened to Payday 2 but I reinstalled Windows because I bought a new computer.  If I knew where the saved game files are at I would of just copied the files and reuploaded the files after I reinstalled the game.

I wanted to restart from the very beginning in Dying Light The Following to where I could rewatch the intro video again.  I cant remember what it showed but it didn't offer me that so I ended up deleting both hoping that the 231940 folder had the saved file in it.  I didn't see the game save when I changed files.

191 hours logged in and I have to start over.  chupacabra that I will probably quit and play RTS games.

Edited by Cpt. Kid

Hi all, personally I think Dying Light 2 would work well in a built up city, say four times as big a map as the original. Plenty of Parkour opportunites, plenty of places to hide / scavenge / find hidden loot. The real horror of Dying Light, was the human stories, the emergency broadcasts, the 'please save us' signs, the abandoned cars on the freeway. For me, the growing list of 'freaks' is getting a bit silly. They aren't needed. An infected apocalypse is horror enough. The film 28 days later, 28 weeks later - that's horror. We don't need the toads everywhere or giant demolishers. Note, Call of Duty was it it's best playing with single-bolt rifles and AK47's - now we have laser-beams and running up walls. We need a great story. We need a chance at the end to make it out of the map, if - we've done the right things along the way. We want choice that can come back and bite us hours later. Fallout 4 has lost the 'karma' perks to it's detriment. We don't need 200 crafting perks, as they are all basically 'electric shock' 'more power' 'flame'. Looking through my kit bag, I had twenty orange/gold weapons and more stuff than I could scroll down on than I needed. I had over one million three hundred thousand dollars...I had shotguns and revolvers that I'd never used...and strangely, a police rifle with more power than a military one..?

I'd like to see more scenes in offices, hospitals, barracks, public places as fighting the humans was just as fun as cutting through zombies. The climbing was good, the detail was really good. Bombers would blow up a mile away, but suddenly, I'd have 8 volotiles under my feet...not good. Not hard, even on nightmare, just annoying. I didn't make that noise to trigger them....and I was a mile away. I personally don't mind either ending of The Following as Crane had become a serial killer anyway. The game didn't allow you to make much (if any) choices to spare humans; humans that just might be of use to you hours later...or to come back and challenge you again. Gamers need choice and great stories. Please don't dumb down Dying Light. You have a great starter game, well done.

First of all, thanks for an incredible game with stunning graphics. 

My friends and I have a blast driving the buggies around. Would you please include support for using steering wheels and pedals for this. Thanks

Hey, Techland. First off, I'd like to say amazing job with all that you've done on Dying Light. I think it would be absolutely AWESOME if you would allow custom map support for consoles. I was really excited seeing the custom maps option. Played them all on the first day. If you can do that, I highly doubt I'll ever be able to stop playing! Thanks, guys!

Ok I will start this post saying I love and Hate this game...........I love doing the missions and Building my character up.  I hate when another player attacks you as a Night Hunter and when you have him beat he quits on the last volitile spawn.  This is a very annoying problem.  And tonight I have had enough.  I have played all day long doing little side quests and have been attacked atleast 6 or 7 times today and everyone of them quits at the end because you are going to win.  I started doing the mission (sorry forgot the name of it)  where you have to climb the bridge towers and unscrew the UV light bulbs.  It took forever to figure out how to get to the top of the towers when a night hunter comes in.  (not a big deal right?)  So I fight this night hunter all the way back down the towers and across the map to the volitile spawn.  (which was no easy feat to get to the spawn from the tower)  I finally get to the last volitile and start killing it and he quits.  So for the time I fought him I got nothing.  I wasted a bunch of med kits, the wear and tear on my weapons and a wasted a bunch of UV Flares.  How is this fair?  You need to fix it that if they quit then you win and get compensated for it.  I was sooooo pissed because going up the tower and back down was no easy task much less fighting a Night Hunter while doing it.

Sorry it so long but I think the developers need to see what people go through in these Be the Zombie missions.

Rant over

I just wanted to say I really enjoy playing dying light on ps4 and I bought the season pass and have love what you guys put out so far on all the dlcs.the following sofar as of this point I'm 90% and I like cruising around in the buggy. It's a nice change up from all the jumping around. But one thing I've noticed that I had a bit of trouble with is lockpicking. I like that you can be able to pick the locks on a lot of different things but one thing is I spend a bit of time trying to find the sweet spot in the locks. It gets a bit frustrating especially with the master and harder locks. I like playing another game that you can pick locks in and they got armor and a perk that helps boost finding that sweet spot. Just as a idea why not supplement the type of thing in the game some how? If not by weapon or clothing or even by the add on for weapons upgrades like the king and enforcer. I just thought I'd run it past here and hope it's a good idea that you'll use. Thank you for the hard work you guys put towards the making of the game. Keep up the great work.

4:13 PM 2/28/2016

Im back in and got System Restore to work.  It saved the file from a couple days ago at 71 but I can vet back up to 91.  Atleast I don't have to start over from the beginning with all skills including Legendary.

Did Foxes the singer ever comment about me with her making DLC soundtrack?

Edited by Cpt. Kid

*SPOILERS FOR THE FOLLOWING*

Techland, I beg of you to keep Crane as the main and playable character for future DLC's or games. If we are to believe that the "Volakyle" ending for the Following is canon, (which I am 99% sure it is), then I think his story shouldn't have to end.

Like I said in a previous post of mine, just add some new mechanics for the night phase when playing as Crane, such as going insane due to being a volatile, and perhaps add a new volatile based skill tree. Instead of having safe houses for the player to take refuge in, have Volatile nests/caves, or other mechanics such as that.

Techland, you gave us a perfect character with this game, and I hope you don't take him away from us right away. I think you can continue his story, despite him becoming a volatile.

In short: Find a way to keep Crane playable for future content, and add some new mechanics to go along with his new nature. You struck gold with this character, Techland, and I hope you keep him around.

Edited by Boomspark

Please add VR support. 

This game would be amazing in virtual reality even if it didn't use the motion controls. Playing it in first person with a headset would be really cool.

I have a suggestion for Dying Light across all platforms (Xbox One, PS4, and PC). I am with the minority group of gamers who suffer motion sickness and discomfort from the motion blur and low field of view. It will be greatly appreciated if you would add the option to disable motion blur, and a field of view slider. I know the crosshair is supposed to "ease motion sickness" but it doesn't work. The field of view is so low it makes me highly uncomfortable. So a field of view slider and an option to disable motion blur should make some of us comfortable, and feel less ill. I really hope you address this and implement this into the game. Thank you for your time.

Hello Techland,

Thanks for the excellent game, can't stop enjoying it!

However I found an error in the expansion,

I am not sure if anyone else noticed it, but why sunsets are taking place at east of the map and sunrises at west? It was right in Harran and should be so in the countryside.
Is that a glitch or intended? Can you please fix as it would be nice to see this realistic (Dawns at East, Sunsets at West just like in the real life) (PC Version)

Thank You very much in advance. :)

Can you guys please add an option to disable auto-aim or aim assist with throwing weapons and the bow?  Have them go right to the middle of the screen like the guns do.

I've noticed at certain angles it's actually impossible to hit the infected with the bow. A zombie will be in a certain pose, and the auto-aim will "correct" the shot so that it misses. The best example of this: when you meet a survivor struggling with an infected that is biting/trying to bite them, trying to hit them with the bow from a distace and from the side is completely impossible!

I drew the situation since I didn't have any screenshots and I'm not sure how long it would take to come across this situation

Cg7cYSH.png

This is NOT the only situation the auto-aim is a problem. When you're far away or there is a large height difference between you and the target, the bow simply aims for the center of mass, no matter where you point it. This makes headshots impossible anywhere but close range, even for a skilled player who practiced with the bow. It will also miss fast-moving targets by incorrectly compensating for you when you lead the target.

first i want to say that dying light is my favorite game in my library and it has the most chance of beating my tf2 hours and i had a few suggestions for the game

1.a sword that defeats the fabulous wrench in damage because honestly a sword should do a lot of damage

2.night hunter secondary objectives,this could force the players to either split up or have them defend more areas and if the night hunter would complete it volatiles will spawn during the invasion (let the night hunter pound manholes maybe?)

3.i had an idea for a character that functions as a merchant but only sells weapons she owns a small shop in old town near the hospital and she offers a few quests that offer new weapons for the player to use (i thought of her to be insane but co-operative she refers to herself as 'we' and uses alot of methaphores)

4.one of her missions feature a shipment of weapons that sunk before the outbreak and she wants you to dive it up the mission is rewarded with a sniper rifle of some sort (stats are 100 damage,max acuracy,clip is 5 and firerate is about as fast as the bows reloading that is with the legend system excluded)

5.in another one of her missions she wants you to bring her 20 cosmetics because she says camo guns sell better and this mission is rewarded with a premium smoke bomb blueprint

6.in the last one she wants you to bring her 5 military rifles,5 german pistols and 5 double barreled shotguns.this quest is rewarded with gas grenades (gas grenades shroud an area in gas that causes moderate poison to enemies for a short time)

7.an independant fatigue system that can be turned on or off individualy it features movement speed debuffs if the player does not sleep for a period of time

Please let us respec our skill trees without any skill-lock restrictions. It would help to further customize our experience if we can pick and choose which skills we would like to disable and which skills we would like to enable.

This ability can be unlocked once you reach max level in each skill tree.

There are skills I would not like to invest in because I find them too powerful but in order get to the skills that are directly related, it's required I choose the skills I'd rather do without.

For example, Freerunning Expert is required to have before I can invest in Tic-Tac. I'd like to be able to drop the skills I don't want, like some passive skills.

Edited by Wolfman

3:52 PM 3/2/2016

I just started The Following on PC (nightmare).  The map is bigger than what I thought.  Right now Im just messing around trying to get familiar with the map and the new stuff in the game like driving.  I just wanted you guys to know at Techland its so obvious in the game.  No Im not in tears Im doing okay but do these others around me know?  I don't know what happened back in Smallville KS.

If you guys want ideas keep the story going and adding onto Harran with DLC.  You know how you can switch between Sector 0 and the Slums?  Do you guys plan on making something like that with The Following or is it too late because of the new features like the buggy?  It would be nice to go back and forth between the countryside and Harran.  Just keep adding onto the map and don't stop with the story.

I want to see a DLC where soldiers who are on your side at the beginning but then turn against you later on and are attacking the zombies too but get overrun by the infected and virals.  You end up fighting off soldiers more than zombies and try to use zombies to fight off soldiers.  Like at a giant military installation.  What do I wear for a uniform?  Remember the original Resident Evil game when it first came out?  Chris Redfield had an alternate uniform that was blue and black at the sametime Im H.U.N.K.  Buying this DLC you get access to a new uniform from the military installation.  Add in the weak pistol that has unlimited ammo to it.  Does 200 dmg max per a bullet.  That's fair game?  Thinking of the scene from RE Apocalypse downtown being invaded by zombies in the streets and alleys laying rounds down range but the dead kept coming at them.

I use a custom Five Seven pistol.

You should make Excalibur from original Dying Light story have unlimited damage (never breaks and never need to repair it) but make it weak.  Is there a weapon like that in game?

Edited by Cpt. Kid