Paweł Modliński

Ideas And Feature Requests For Dying Light Developers.

2,000 posts in this topic

Split-screen is just dying in every game. Yeah, sure, it's a cool feature to have but not in this game (in my opinion).

You have to admit it would make so much fun playing together on the same screen and slicing zombies.

You have to admit it would make so much fun playing together on the same screen and slicing zombies.

The 'good old times', huh?  :)

No new ideals...What!

Well, while the Mc is here folks, lets tlk about animation. I love the mechanics where your character does self movement to environments such as the door part. It's awesome, and we love it. Now I've seen the trailer once more so that I can see the AI's facial expression and I see less in it. The AI's look like they need more facial depth in their face to really capture their emotion. That's what you gotta bring to the plate. Plus better movement when it comes to AI movement. I love the hang gestures he's throwing out at Spike, but he eventually sits back in his chair when explaining things to the protagonist.

Well, while the Mc is here folks, lets tlk about animation. I love the mechanics where your character does self movement to environments such as the door part. It's awesome, and we love it. Now I've seen the trailer once more so that I can see the AI's facial expression and I see less in it. The AI's look like they need more facial depth in their face to really capture their emotion. That's what you gotta bring to the plate. Plus better movement when it comes to AI movement. I love the hang gestures he's throwing out at Spike, but he eventually sits back in his chair when explaining things to the protagonist.

Agreed

Oh chupacabra, i just came up with something that could possible make the game ten times more sick.

Different fighting styles that you can learn from well hidden books, NPC's, or maybe even learn different fighting styles when doing certain base attacks. 

As an example:

1. Fist fighting + strength = Boxing

2. Fist fighting + Agility = Wing Chun?

2. Kicking + Agility/Strength = Taekwondo

3. Fist Fighting + Kicking + Strength = Kick Boxing

4. Fist Fighting + Kicking + Agility = Muay Thai

5. Everything mixed = Street Brawling?

I don't know much about martial arts, but like i said, this is just a basic example. :P What do the rest of you guys think about this? I think it adds more to the customisation of your character and playstyle.

Hello i'm new but have been able to think of some ideas, Love you Techland for your work  :wub: .

-A Weather System, This changes the whole behavior of the zombies, e.g Raining - annoyed, more violent. Snow? Seasons Perhaps?

-A Custom BGM Playlist?, this will be easy to add for PC gamers but it may be a bit challenging for console. This idea seems a bit ambitious but it'll be amazing if Techland pull this off. (By BGM I mean BackGround Music)

-Clans, this idea could be added to add different groups of people that fight by each other, getting rid of other clans.

-Outfits Having Perks, most people said that there would be no need to add outfits or customization options for clothes as they have no game changing abilities, this idea can hopefully change some peoples minds. The perks could be jumping further, getting stunned by zombies less or they can have penalties in exchange for extremely helpful perks.

-Sanity, Killing zombies may make you less sane and nauseous, maybe crafting a torch of some sort to replenish it. 

-Emblems, Nearly everyone likes to make things so they feel that things belong to them, maybe introducing these to clan and further on.

Hope you feel these ideas have some sense.  :)

Pece XD

Edited by Mrgtagenius1

Huh?

A minecraft version of dying light but as a map or idk but I think it will help people buy the game idk just some small idea

Kind of like what they did with far cry 3.

So remember how black ops 2 had an app where you could customize your class and other stuff whenever you wanted, or how watch dogs added CTOS Mobile? It would be cool to see something like that, especially if there are clans in the game

1 - You said that have much zombies types, but i like to know if some of this zombies will have a special characteristic, like Left 4 Dead, and in part, Dead Island, Zombies that explode, zombies that catch you and drag you to far away, or the Boomer, that vomits a liquid in you that attracts a horde of zombies. 

2 - Someone has commented a system of player vs. player, will be cool you use the zombies in your favor, like attract zombies to surround the enemy team or simply delay them to the objective, like air supplies.

3 - I like the challenge of the night, just the fact of have night and the zombies' change is awesome. I will like if the flashlight was a powerful item at night and a big problem, that attract zombies.

4 - I would like if the support and DLC come to Brazil too, because some games don't offer dlc to certain countries, but i guess this will not happens, because said that the game will come to my language.

Thank You, This game will be Amazing, and  i like the attention that you are having with the players. And sorry if my english was bad.

Oh chupacabra, i just came up with something that could possible make the game ten times more sick.

Different fighting styles that you can learn from well hidden books, NPC's, or maybe even learn different fighting styles when doing certain base attacks.

As an example:

4. Fist Fighting + Kicking + Agility = Muay Thai

I don't know much about martial arts, but like i said, this is just a basic example. :P What do the rest of you guys think about this? I think it adds more to the customisation of your character and playstyle.

I do taekwondo and what I can say about martial arts especially in videogames is. If you are doing it in a Videogame it wont be that 'epic' or 'powerful'. It would bw cool to do yopchagis and dolyochagis like Bruce Lee but either you have to already be a pro at this (if it is realistic) or a teacher with slow gain in techniques. (if it is supposed to be realistic)

I do taekwondo and what I can say about martial arts especially in videogames is. If you are doing it in a Videogame it wont be that 'epic' or 'powerful'. It would bw cool to do yopchagis and dolyochagis like Bruce Lee but either you have to already be a pro at this (if it is realistic) or a teacher with slow gain in techniques. (if it is supposed to be realistic)

Agreed.

Well, the game isn't all that realistic after all. I highly doubt an elbow drop would crush a zombie's skull that easy. xP Also, the head stomping thing wouldn't work that well either, unless you are a person that weighs over 220 pounds. 

I'd say that martial arts would fit in nicely into the game, because Techland already has the basic non-weapon attack system in place. And as far as much as i can re

call, i've never really seen a First Person game that introduced different fighting styles.

Well, the game isn't all that realistic after all. I highly doubt an elbow drop would crush a zombie's skull that easy. xP Also, the head stomping thing wouldn't work that well either, unless you are a person that weighs over 220 pounds. 

I'd say that martial arts would fit in nicely into the game, because Techland already has the basic non-weapon attack system in place. And as far as much as i can re

call, i've never really seen a First Person game that introduced different fighting styles.

well actually it would depend on how long the subject has been a zombie and what level of decay they're at ,plus you don't need to crush the skull to cause a signifigant amount of brain trauma, enough to cause motor function loss isn't terribly hard when the opponent has a weakened skull.

well actually it would depend on how long the subject has been a zombie and what level of decay they're at ,plus you don't need to crush the skull to cause a signifigant amount of brain trauma, enough to cause motor function loss isn't terribly hard when the opponent has a weakened skull.

That would mean that the subject had been turned a long long time ago. I'm pretty sure that the human bones and skull take a pretty damn long time till they become brittle after death. It would mean that the zombies would've been out for a month maybe, but in the case of DL's enviroment, its body would've decomposed to nothing but bones before it would get to that point.

But oh well. We don't know how the DL virus works, and what the side effects are. I guess it is just a matter of playing the game once it gets released. :3

I see u used chupracabra in one of your late posts Han lol I don't kno what causes your words to make it sound like it, but it's weird.

"Our" not your

I think in outta ideas here. Everyone thought outside of the box and made any upcoming idea possible. I bit you all my farewells and I'll see you in the future folks. //__<(^0^)>__\\. . (S) . () () . n n

I see u used chupracabra in one of your late posts Han lol I don't kno what causes your words to make it sound like it, but it's weird.

"Our" not your

I like to call it forum magic. :3

All i know, is that the game looks amazing and that techland better not delay the game in 2015 because i would be really sad.

It was already delayed to 2015 though. :3

Loot rarity events. A randomized crate drop event will appear sometimes and it will leave a crate delievered containing a special rare and epic item. Maybe a powerful or hard to find weapon, or a special attachment to a weapon to make it better, or a rare component to craft an awesome item, that the player must get to quickly before the bandits otherwise he will have to fight them for it and one of them may use it against them if they already picked it up. Likewise if the player gets there first they can use it on the oncoming bandits or flee with their new item before they are slaughtered and looted.

Edited by IzzyOtaku

Heya i know that it is confirmed that there will be ranged weapons such as guns but will there also be bows and/or crossbows? Also not many games have crossbows in but i dont know why since they are more accurate more powerful and just generally cooler than bows? So there should deffinately be bows and i imagine there will be but i would also like to see crossbows if possible. Anyone else agree?

Heya i know that it is confirmed that there will be ranged weapons such as guns but will there also be bows and/or crossbows? Also not many games have crossbows in but i dont know why since they are more accurate more powerful and just generally cooler than bows? So there should deffinately be bows and i imagine there will be but i would also like to see crossbows if possible. Anyone else agree?

they should have bows at least; if we can make a flaming axe or an electric sword...it wouldnt make sense to not include a bow considering you just bend a stick, tie 2 strings to each end to create a simple bow

Hey guys, 

Thank you all for the comments, suggestions, and just general chit-chat - I like it :)

All right, let's answer some questions here.

Well, the virus could infect animals later in the game, or not at all. You never know.

Infected animals - interesting idea. That would be really cool to see. Question to you guys - what sort of infected animals could there be in a city? Keep in mind they have to fit with the Dying Light theme, and be a bit on the "horror" side (infected squirrels might be out of the question here). I'll pass on this one to the devs, and see what we can do. No promises though.  

Will there be like actual missions instead of just getting the supply drop everytime? Like, going outside the town and climb some mountains where the undead wild can attack you. I don't really like the idea of being in the same area over and over. Just saying  :)

I know what you're saying Reticled. Trust us, you won't be doing the same thing over and over. We will keep things varied and interesting.

Check out my weapon idea post (http://forum.techland.pl/topic/18-ideas-and-feature-requests-for-dying-light-developers/?p=404). I have some non-lethal future weapons in there such as the X12 and the X26.

I'll pass on the Weapon idea to the devs. I know that they are always on the hunt for new weapons ideas.

Request: can a minecraft map come out like with the DLC or something? Or it comes out seperately on the website download? Idk

Square-shaped Dying Light - that's crazy. And crazy is what I like.

I really don't think it will happen Arolzentai, but I will pass it on to the guys. :)

1 - You said that have much zombies types, but i like to know if some of this zombies will have a special characteristic, like Left 4 Dead, and in part, Dead Island, Zombies that explode, zombies that catch you and drag you to far away, or the Boomer, that vomits a liquid in you that attracts a horde of zombies. 
2 - Someone has commented a system of player vs. player, will be cool you use the zombies in your favor, like attract zombies to surround the enemy team or simply delay them to the objective, like air supplies.
3 - I like the challenge of the night, just the fact of have night and the zombies' change is awesome. I will like if the flashlight was a powerful item at night and a big problem, that attract zombies.
4 - I would like if the support and DLC come to Brazil too, because some games don't offer dlc to certain countries, but i guess this will not happens, because said that the game will come to my language.

Thank You, This game will be Amazing, and  i like the attention that you are having with the players. And sorry if my english was bad.

Hi williamcms

1. Yes, there will be special zombies - there won't be just your standard crawlers. Check out some of our gameplay footage to see some of the other zombies that we have on offer.

2. We always like hearing suggestions on multiplayer gameplay. In the single player game, you will be able to use zombies to your advantage, so in a potential player vs player mode, we could use this idea.

3. Ah yes, the flashlight. It will be your biggest friend and enemy at the same time. Don't worry about mastering weapons - it's all about mastering the flashlight...

4. Not sure about Brazil my friend, but we will make sure that we can deliver the game to everyone no matter where they are.

And thanks for the compliments.

As an example:

4. Fist Fighting + Kicking + Agility = Muay Thai

I don't know much about marshal arts either (I did karate for about 4 weeks when I was 7 years old), but I do know that I like this idea. I can see this giving the game more kick (no pun intended) in terms of playability, and possibly replayabilty. It would also encourage players to "explore" the fighting mechanic. I'm not talking about becoming a full-blown black belt master, but a few handy moves here and there couldn't go astray.

Now, I don't the practicalities of designing and implementing this in the game (within our timeframe), but will definitely pass this on to the devs. 

All i know, is that the game looks amazing and that techland better not delay the game in 2015 because i would be really sad.

Bar a zombie apocalypse, the game is set for February 2015.

Hey jabawogi246, 

We were thinking of implementing a crossbow in the game, but we haven't made a final decision on it yet. It could be either a yes or a no at this stage. We will let you know as soon as we make a decision.  

I think in outta ideas here. Everyone thought outside of the box and made any upcoming idea possible. I bit you all my farewells and I'll see you in the future folks. //__<(^0^)>__\\. . (S) . () () . n n

Make sure you come back once the brain fully recharges PvtMcCord77.

Once again, thanks heaps for all your suggestions people. Solid as a rock effort. 

Also, please have a look at this thread here:

http://forum.techland.pl/topic/80-questions-from-the-developers-to-you/

The developers have some specific questions for you guys as well, and if you could spare a minute having a crack at those, I know they would appreciate it heaps. 

I was thinking about playing this game and I thought with all of this hopping to roof tops style it would be cool if there was a legit "floor is lava" mode, some kind of moded mode where if you touch the ground you die. Maybe at the same time zombies can still climb up and chase you, or you could race against a friend along roof tops from checkpoint to checkpoint. I think that would be something so fresh that people would love.

Hmmm what about the death of the protagonist I saw a gameplay of open world and the guy dies just like dead island. The zombie with the(sledgehammer, axe, rock???) thing wacked the guy and I thought oh how will he stand back up, maybe a kip up?(since he is a traceur) but he just puts his hand down like dead island and stands back up. And when he dies it says time to respawn:5 seconds. I was astonished. Please change dying light dead island was the past, this game is the future and we aren't looking for dead island features, new features.

1: when he dies add a little animation of how he dies, maybe like a horror, first person runner, app called Into The Dead, if you die, you see the zombie eating you and the blood splatters on the (screen) which would give it some better way to dies instead of seconds to respawn:5

2:So a thug zombie wacks him, since the protagonist is like a ninja or a traceur(parkour practitioner) then maybe he could kip-up. It sounds weird but i think you have seen it in most movies. Here is how the kip up works. First the protagonist puts his feet close to his chest, the feet are aiming at the sky and then he shoots out his feet and his whole body itself flies and he lands on the ground. If this makes the game too easy add it as a skill. Or if that's too easy make it like 2-3 seconds he is unconscious on the floor and 1-2 seconds he does the kip up so it will be about 3-5 seconds he will stand up, and if it is a skill maybe add some upgrade to it like maybe when you first get the skill it takes 5 seconds to kip-up then if you upgrade it it takes like 4 seconds and when you upgrade it the last time it is like 3 seconds. I think this is better for dying light, and the into the dead animation, really scared me at the beginning of into the dead

Sorry if you thought my postt is useless because it is devastatingly long and here is the kip-up

(Tutorial)

Edited by Arolzentai