Paweł Modliński

Ideas And Feature Requests For Dying Light Developers.

2,001 posts in this topic

Ah and maybe far cry 3 style add outposts that just have pure infected so you can clear them out and it could be a "safe house" kind of like when clearing out the lifeguard tower in dead island 1 and you meet the thug zombie

I think im crazy, but i just watched a stage demo of dying light and... i think techland reused the zombie audio from dead island in dying light. I hope thats not the case because i want a game thats not dead island. Yes, dead island was a great game but glitchey. But i want a new innovative creation from techland. But thats just me.

I think im crazy, but i just watched a stage demo of dying light and... i think techland reused the zombie audio from dead island in dying light. I hope thats not the case because i want a game thats not dead island. Yes, dead island was a great game but glitchey. But i want a new innovative creation from techland. But thats just me.

I think that's pretty much every one

What do you mean, "outdated for the new consoles" ? O.o As far as i can tell, PC is already miles ahead of the new consoles, but most PC exclusive games that feature co-op stay true to the 4 player formula. The reason of this is because it is stable, and easier to balance than if you had more. Also, more people doesn't mean it will be more fun. :3 (Not trying to start a flame war on consoles, even though it might seem like that.)

I could have misunderstood your post, because i'm not sure if you are talking about the main co-op mode, or an additional game mode.If the latter, could you quote the post that you were refferring too? :)

(If it is a team vs team thing you are talking about, than i can understand why you'd want to have 5 people in each team.)

Yes! The team vs team multiplayer coop. 4 players is gonna be boring like the multiplayer of RE6. The coop campaign was heaven, but multiplayer had people on the downside.

Yes! The team vs team multiplayer coop. 4 players is gonna be boring like the multiplayer of RE6. The coop campaign was heaven, but multiplayer had people on the downside.

As long as it doesn't get a bigger player count than 6 on each side, then count me in.

Techland, promise me that there will be non-lethal takedowns  :)

How are you going to perform a non-lethal takedown on a zombie? O.o Doing so on a human in a world that is overtaken by zombies is pretty much the same as stabbing somebody in the face.

Edited by HaNYolO

How are you going to perform a non-lethal takedown on a zombie? O.o Doing so on a human in a world that is overtaken by zombies is pretty much the same as stabbing somebody in the face.

Check out my weapon idea post (http://forum.techland.pl/topic/18-ideas-and-feature-requests-for-dying-light-developers/?p=404). I have some non-lethal future weapons in there such as the X12 and the X26.

I had seen that, its just that i like sledgehammers a lot more. If you know what i mean. :D

Not really a futuristic weapon. It's heavy to carry, especially when you have to climb buildings and stuff.

- X26 Taser â€” handgun â€” already mentioned

- X12 Taser â€” shotgun â€” Picture: http://i.imgur.com/W1sIHG6.jpg

Although I don't know if the actual name "Taser" is trade marked, simply changing the name to Tazer should protect you from any legal issues.

That being said, the X12 is owned by TASER International and Techland my face legal repercussions for using it in there game.

Although I don't know if the actual name "Taser" is trade marked, simply changing the name to Tazer should protect you from any legal issues.

That being said, the X12 is owned by TASER International and Techland my face legal repercussions for using it in there game.

Yep, just change Taser to "Tazer" or "Stun Gun" and change the X26 to X62.  :)

Not really a futuristic weapon. It's heavy to carry, especially when you have to climb buildings and stuff.

You forget that i am 'Giant Man'. :D

A Split-Screen Co-Op mode for the main story

I think that would be a great addition to the game if you guys could implement it. My friends and I still go back and play the Left for Dead games because of the split-screen storyline and we have a blast. If a game like this would feature a two person split-screen story then that would really standout in my opinion

I kind of have a thing for realism, zombies, and melee weapons, so here are my ideas to help the game (I apologize if some ideas have already been mentioned, but I haven't read every post so.. yeah.)

-Bladed weapons! so far, all I've seen, besides all of the various ax-like weapons, is a machete that Spike is shown sharpening in the trailer and a electrified version of the same type of machete that the player can use. I get that in game it seems like the zombie apocalypse has been going on for a few years, but that doesn't mean that everything has been ground to dust. I'm not asking for some ninja guy to come out of nowhere and start choping up zombies but if there's supposed to be more than 100 weapons I would like at least one of them to be a good old-fashioned katana.

-Don't make makeshift weapons be so O.P. I get that weapon customization can be a big and fun game mechanic, but I don't think it should be so flamboyant and over the top as it was in Dead Rising, for example. A great game can be made with out electric wrenches or flaming meat bombs that magically explode and send acid flying everywhere.

-No more than a few "RPG" zombies. Case and point: Left for Dead. I don't care how you justify it. Its still complete (excuse my language) bullshit. Left for Dead would have been a good game if it didn't mutate the concept of a zombie so far that the only real conection LFD zombies have to "real" zombies is that they both look ugly.

Request: can a minecraft map come out like with the DLC or something? Or it comes out seperately on the website download? Idk

Huh?

I kind of have a thing for realism, zombies, and melee weapons, so here are my ideas to help the game (I apologize if some ideas have already been mentioned, but I haven't read every post so.. yeah.)

-Bladed weapons! so far, all I've seen, besides all of the various ax-like weapons, is a machete that Spike is shown sharpening in the trailer and a electrified version of the same type of machete that the player can use. I get that in game it seems like the zombie apocalypse has been going on for a few years, but that doesn't mean that everything has been ground to dust. I'm not asking for some ninja guy to come out of nowhere and start choping up zombies but if there's supposed to be more than 100 weapons I would like at least one of them to be a good old-fashioned katana.

-Don't make makeshift weapons be so O.P. I get that weapon customization can be a big and fun game mechanic, but I don't think it should be so flamboyant and over the top as it was in Dead Rising, for example. A great game can be made with out electric wrenches or flaming meat bombs that magically explode and send acid flying everywhere.

-No more than a few "RPG" zombies. Case and point: Left for Dead. I don't care how you justify it. Its still complete (excuse my language) bullshit. Left for Dead would have been a good game if it didn't mutate the concept of a zombie so far that the only real conection LFD zombies have to "real" zombies is that they both look ugly.

I agree with the no "special weapons" part

In the trailer the guy hits a zombie with a baseball bat and some dust flies out of nowhere and the zombie goes flying . Like for reals? You need to be hulk to do that it just doesn't make sense maybe the electric one does but the fire one and the puff one just â˜ðŸ˜ nuh-uh

Edited by Arolzentai

Since there isn't splitscreen can you guys at least add online cross play or I think that's what it's called anyways its just like ps3 can play with Xbox or pc and same with the others my friends are goin to get dyin light but on Xbox and pc so I'm looking forward to this!

Split-screen would be a dream come true. I always love to play Split-screen coop games with my brother together. That would be a thing that I would love to be implemented.

Split-screen would be a dream come true. I always love to play Split-screen coop games with my brother together. That would be a thing that I would love to be implemented.

It was already confirmed that they wouldn't be doing it. :3

Split-screen yeeeeeah. But that is bad. Seriously there are no more classic Split-screen games

I doubt consoles can really handle split screen with games that have this kind of graphic fidelity. They'd probably have to downgrade the graphics a lot to make it even playable at 30 fps.