Paweł Modliński

Ideas And Feature Requests For Dying Light Developers.

1,990 posts in this topic

Woot! So I never went to sleep. The comments are impressive. So I'm watching world war z and this is how the zombies are...at nite. It's great to see some similar zombie like action in view. So let's talk abt strength. I kno certain zeds have this overwhelming strength pattern that we noobs can never beat. Are their gonna be weapons that can somehow overpower them. I'm tlking abt house old items such as: THE WHOLE BUILDING COLLASPING ON IT...I mean I'll do whatever it takes to take down a brute. When it comes to saving people, I'm the hero in my group. I saw how weapons affect a players status when getting hit by blunt/sharp objects; when fighting thugs on the bridge.that was crazy in a way that they looked and seemed stronger than us. I can understand a zeds chupacabra strength hendering my movement, but normal people...Naw. It depends on speed and manuverbility to dodge on going punches that swing towards you. Oh! I know we get tired when fighting, so does the AI also have the same traits or no?

Is it my curse to say chupracabra in everyone of my post lol why......Oh! The zombie moans. I think we players wanna get scared like the Godzilla roar. I mean if it's something bold such as that. I'm buying 2 copies of this title for my friend and I.

I would love to see a option choice like faction or group you join. Maybe one is all about survival and survival of the fittest while the other just wants to work together to save everyone. I would enjoy seeing that.

I'd like it when/if weapons break, said item is dropped by your character and cannot be picked up again. Basically, the item is removed from your inventory. I really liked that type of system in the Dark Cloud series. I did not like what was done with Dead Island, other than 2 or 3 weapons ( not counting explosives >.> ), if you completely depleted the condition of your weapon you still got to keep it and could repair it any time. I found myself throwing away my “broken†weapons as a way of penalizing myself for using up all its condition, i.e. to recreate the feel of having actually broken the weapon beyond repair. As such, if possible, I'd like such a system implemented. This is, of course, assuming such a system has not already been implemented.

Edited by Sohisohi

I would like a survival. Maybe you have anywhere from 1-4 or 1-6 and you pick a building. you build it up during day and get weapons like everyone has a job one gets weapons one gets materials one builds maybe like classes a builder scavenger etc. and at night you defend your base. Maybe if the infected swarm in and basically take over you have to cut your losses, grab what you can and run and hope no one dies or you lose to much and find a new home. I would love to have this game mode. Glad I finally found this forum lol. Couldn't find it last night. Or maybe it was right there in my face but the lack of sleep made me completely look over it. Either way glad I was pointed it the right direction lol.

Another cool thing which this is far fetched and probably way to late to put into the game XD but would love to have is the city completely covered by the outside world. Like in last of us. The wild took over and you'll see plants in the building and what not.

What you could do for a side quest is you have to clear out a certain part/building in the city that's full of powerful zombie dogs. You could also have them rarely spawn in the streets in packs of 1 or 2, or make a multiplayer mode with them in it. You guys have already put mutant zombies in Dying Light, so why not zombie dogs/animals?

Edited by Evildarkzombies

Another cool thing which this is far fetched and probably way to late to put into the game XD but would love to have is the city completely covered by the outside world. Like in last of us. The wild took over and you'll see plants in the building and what not.

Well, i think the outbreak had only started recently in DL. It takes waaaaaay longer for everything to get covered by foliage. :3

What you could do for a side quest is you have to clear out a certain part/building in the city that's full of powerful zombie dogs. You could also have them rarely spawn in the streets in packs of 1 or 2, or make a multiplayer mode with them in it. You guys have already put mutant zombies in Dying Light, so why not zombie dogs?

Well, we are not sure how the virus affects animals (yet). Maybe Techland can give us some information about this. :D

"Special" class:

- Flare Gun

- Karambit â€” Picture: http://i.imgur.com/jYF1pMM.jpg

- X26 Taser â€” handgun â€” already mentioned

- X12 Taser â€” shotgun â€” Picture: http://i.imgur.com/W1sIHG6.jpg

"Handgun" class:

- .44 Magnum

PS: What "Special" weapons will there be?

Edited by Reticled

Since it's on xbox1, don't you think a 4 man team is a lil outdated for the new consoles. Weather it's a 5 man team or not, make it where it sounds like if you need a leader in certain outcomes, we'll provide one. Zombies are greater in numbers, strength, and control; while players are greater in skill, mind, and situational awareness at times. The fifth wheel can be implemented to only stay at the base and fortify the area until their return. The fith charachter could provide intel, drop locations, food sources, closest power exzilleratiors, and or new locations to set up base. I personally think of this as a commander system where you can video cam in on one of the runners and guide them through tough situations. If the areas too got, then I'll tell them to find another route that's less safer to them.

Since it's on xbox1, don't you think a 4 man team is a lil outdated for the new consoles. Weather it's a 5 man team or not, make it where it sounds like if you need a leader in certain outcomes, we'll provide one. Zombies are greater in numbers, strength, and control; while players are greater in skill, mind, and situational awareness at times. The fifth wheel can be implemented to only stay at the base and fortify the area until their return. The fith charachter could provide intel, drop locations, food sources, closest power exzilleratiors, and or new locations to set up base. I personally think of this as a commander system where you can video cam in on one of the runners and guide them through tough situations. If the areas too got, then I'll tell them to find another route that's less safer to them.

What do you mean, "outdated for the new consoles" ? O.o As far as i can tell, PC is already miles ahead of the new consoles, but most PC exclusive games that feature co-op stay true to the 4 player formula. The reason of this is because it is stable, and easier to balance than if you had more. Also, more people doesn't mean it will be more fun. :3 (Not trying to start a flame war on consoles, even though it might seem like that.)

I could have misunderstood your post, because i'm not sure if you are talking about the main co-op mode, or an additional game mode.If the latter, could you quote the post that you were refferring too? :)

(If it is a team vs team thing you are talking about, than i can understand why you'd want to have 5 people in each team.)

The animal idea is cool. Could be used in at the zoo. That would be a cool mission. You need to get to a supply drop and they dropped it in the zoo. Like resident evil out break file 2 there zoo was amazing.

I think it would be cool if that, when the sun goes down u can actually find a empty building,barricade it up( with like planks u find or make)🭠and possibly sleep out the night, or tough it out and hide all night lol. Or actually camp with barricades and fend off raging zombies at night. Is this possible? Because i hope it is!!

I think it would be cool if that, when the sun goes down u can actually find a empty building,barricade it up( with like planks u find or make) and possibly sleep out the night, or tough it out and hide all night lol. Or actually camp with barricades and fend off raging zombies at night. Is this possible? Because i hope it is!!

Yeah, that would be amazing  :lol:

I think it would be cool if that, when the sun goes down u can actually find a empty building,barricade it up( with like planks u find or make) and possibly sleep out the night, or tough it out and hide all night lol. Or actually camp with barricades and fend off raging zombies at night. Is this possible? Because i hope it is!!

As cool of an idea as that is I'm not entirely sure it would be possible.  The point I get when watching the videos is that the nighttime is meant to be an adrenaline packed run to the safe zone/house so holing up to sleep/fight out is probably not going to be an option.

I have another suggestion:  Theater Mode.  I really do like the slow-motion effects so I'm wondering if a 'theater mode' would be at all possible so you can make your own videos from multiple camera angles and effects.  I'm not entirely sure how it would be tracked if it would be from one mission to the next or if it's always running and at the end of the game you can edit, upload and share it.

Honestly I'm not sure 'how it would work' I'm only suggestion the idea itself and my apologies that it's so 'raw' of an idea.  :)

I

first of i want to congratulate techland for providing us with a awesome game....

since i have seen trailer and gameplay videos of Dying light i am been mad about this game ... i am waiting for this game from the day i have seen the trailer ..but as i watch some gameplay videos i have seen that this game can be modified into many positive ways..few things which i want to see in Dying light are as follow ..

1. from the day i start playing zombie survival games , i never found enough reality in any of them to have a feeling of that i am not playing the game but actually inside the world of Zombies ... I want to see a open world with all most all of the houses, buildings and every infrastructrure open for player to hide and make it a safe place for himself , for example , if i have been chasing by bunch of zombies and i have no ammo or my weapons are not that in good condition , so i should have a option to go into a house or building to protect myself.

2. I want to see varity of Guns in Dying light with better graphics , Dead island guns were not that good .. i hope you guys will improve the weapons graphics .

3. I wanted to see more Zombies on Streets so for a player it gets harder to fight all of them , in order to get away ... and also the damage given by zombies should be more than what we saw in dead island series ..

4. I wish to see many sub missions in dying light , rescue and surviver missions ..and this time please put the option to protect the surviver until he reach on some safe house .

5. please dont let soft drinks , water , food stuff regenerate health , make it more realistic .. .and bring the idea of pills , in that case survival will be more hard , if someone is hurt than he has to look for pills in order to survive . that will make game more interesting and hard .

I agree on:

Especially 5. Like how in the damn World do you heal bloody wounds with an candybar. treatments would be better

And food should lower the hunger lvl. Water should be precius to the player. And as for the supply drops?!? I hear you just

Get one single weapon......... -_____- all that time sacrafise for this?! The abillity to change your outfit would be cool.

And just sayin lol why do i always see characters in T-shirts and shorts?! This ai'nt how you survive! Get some none bumpy armor or an sheild. And also as always im tired of having to always only upgrade weapons to whack zombies zombies and more zombies. Isnt this gettin old? The new and awesome part is traps and climpin capabillity wow devs wow thats somethin.

Thats it sorry if i sweared a bit there didnt mean to be rude or somethin. Anyways this game seems to have an great future keep up the good work!

Edited by OhRiley

I

I agree on:

Especially 5. Like how in the damn World do you heal bloody wounds with an candybar. treatments would be better

And food should lower the hunger lvl. Water should be precius to the player. And as for the supply drops?!? I hear you just

Get one single weapon......... -_____- all that time sacrafise for this?! The abillity to change your outfit would be cool.

And just sayin lol why do i always see characters in T-shirts and shorts?! This ai'nt how you survive! Get some none bumpy armor or an sheild. And also as always im tired of having to always only upgrade weapons to whack zombies zombies and more zombies. Isnt this gettin old? The new and awesome part is traps and climpin capabillity wow devs wow thats somethin.

Thats it sorry if i sweared a bit there didnt mean to be rude or somethin. Anyways this game seems to have an great future keep up the good work!

Well, i doubt you'd be able to handle the heat with having a lot of chlothes on. Especially if you're sprinting over rooftops, climbing walls, etc. I'd probably go for a t-shirt myself. Gotta be able to vent all the heat when being chased by zombies ya know. :3

Will there be like actual missions instead of just getting the supply drop everytime? Like, going outside the town and climb some mountains where the undead wild can attack you. I don't really like the idea of being in the same area over and over. Just saying  :)

Edited by Reticled

Just to say im no runner ok. I prefer to arm up fight em not run or die. Altough its cool

To be able to jump around rooftops

But the character you are playing actually is a runner. You do see some enemies walking around with better armor i suppose, but don't expect to be able to play like that. :3

I just hope that the facial animations are not as crappy as they were in Dead Island :D But at the moment they look pretty good.

I still play it today, but these just kind of ruined the atmosphere for me.

Other question, how many different zombie models will be there? So that they dont look that similair all the time:)

Edited by Deadreaper

What if there is a mode like zombies in black ops 1,2 and WAW(world at war) where basically they just survive rounds, or with copyright issues give it a little twist...

1) Instead of rounds, call it waves, or groups or whatever you want to call it

2 SPLITSCREEN we all want it like this me and my friend are like bada$$ with dead island but we can't talk to eachother because we don't have microphones and it won't lag either

3 online yeah this would be cool too

4 open world instead of being stuck inside I little house and rebuild barriers let's just start off in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of zombies and yeah bash their heads

5 no sleeping no beds prevent this as this will ruin the excitement

6 buildable or houses kind of like rust or you use other people's houses

7 you start off with a bat and the items u find u get to upgrade it and instead of wasting "points" you can just find other weapons, but each weapons that you have is normal no upgrade or anything like let's just say you find a fire axe it's just regular no flame or electric at all just regular

8 make it realistic i know you don't want this but it gives us more excitement and its more realistic like if a zombie comes and bites you and you use your hands to twist it's head then you'll be bleeding wouldn't you? So add a bandage

9 Perks(must be found) speedcola= Energy drink Tombstone redbull(it gives you wings)Or idk techland always has great ideas

10 Thirst if you run a lot you'll be thirsty

And that's it hope techland adds this my friends and I had a really good time with black ops 2 zombies transit but hey said they wanted more blood, or get to hit them with baseball bats so I recommended them dead island but were disappointed when there was no splitscreen