Paweł Modliński

Ideas And Feature Requests For Dying Light Developers.

2,000 posts in this topic

I don't really  think any of these points are all that special, but i have to be honest, and say that i dislike some of them.

Wingsuit: This simply doesn't belong or fit into the game. + i doubt you'll find anything like in such a location.

Chainsaw: This wouldn't work since a chainsaw would probably get clotted with hair/fabric all the time.

Sun-meter: Why do we really need this again? You could simply look into the sky if you ask me.

Jungle enviroment: I don't think that would work too well with the free-running mechanic, but i could be wrong.

Blood cover: This would kind of beat the purpose of free running everywhere. Why run if you are safe to begin with?

On another note:

I doubt there won't be a bow in the game, since it's pretty much quite a basic weapon. This also goes for the flamethrower, and even a homemade one would do. But yeah, the single-player experience seems fine as it is. What i would like to see is people coming up with different multiplayer modes, or side missions. Because lets be honest. It would be a pain to the same stuff over and over again.

I can agree with you about the things you mentioned, but hey.. let's be honest, a chainsaw is the must-have in a zombie game! ;)

Like your post yo. Lol I'm rereading my posts and chupracabra comes up in almost all of them...Wtf. So hey! Another idea here. Running up walls and struggling animations that make you press some type of button like (A) to rapidly climb up something. I kno the A.I.'s are people were gonna look up to, but do they respond back if you just randomly talk to them? And on another thing that could add a lil daring. Bringing in cell phones to take community pictures. Lmao I can jus see a player standing beside a zombie in the dark and the flash automatically comes on, alerting multiple zombies nearby. Radio's are something I'm looking for. If it plays some really good Christmas or other related blue songs, that'll bring the mood up a notch!

I'm jus glad Xbox1 titles are putting in lady characters.

Also a zipline crossbow would be a +100 for me to buy this game!

--A detailed post about the Zipline Crossbow below!--

Edited by Reticled

Request:

Some info on the protagonist(s) at all? We don't know anything about them or their background information and why they freerun/parkour

All I know from my other post is Kyle Crane and I saw like 4 tracerurs in the run boy run trailer

Also in that trailer who is the main guy? From Pewdiepie's Gameplay, he is Antoine? And on the dying light wiki it's Antoine Merpe? Any info on this dude? Please?

Also a zipline crossbow would be a +100 for me to buy this game!

Wouldn't that make the game too easy?

Edited by Paweł Modliński

Wouldn't that make the game too easy?

I was about to say. xP The current grappling hook seems to make stuff already too easy anyways. Yuck, i still get disgusted by it. :/

When you shoot one Zipline with the Zipline Crossbow, you have to wait like 5/10 minutes to use it again, or you have to find a tow in a building.

gTWtJ9V.png

Edit: When holding the gun, certain walls will glow green to let you know that you can shoot a zipline at that wall.

This gun is a "getaway" weapon, so only use it when you're in trouble.

Let me know your opinion, thanks! :)

Credit for this idea goes to BF: Hardline.

Edited by Reticled

I've been watching this game evolve for awhile now and I since the soon to be release of VR systems (within the next couple of years if not sooner) I was wonder if there was a chance that this game would support VR headsets and motion controllers? I can picture nothing better than actually free running around the world being fully immersed having to actually turn your body/head to look behind you as monster hordes are chasing you down the street.

another thing I plead with you is DONT MAKE THIS GAME EASY, I understand you have to cater to a variety of people but there is nothing worse than finishing a game on the same day you bought it.

P.s game looks bloody awesome.

Edited by Jynxknight

I agree with Jynxknight. I love starting my games on the hardest difficulty, and trying to live the world as any normal AI would. I love challenges that make me think a lot, that's what make titles so alive. And like I said abt the rush you feel when scared outta your mind, that's something we fans want.

What would make the grappling hook better is if it takes some time to " reload" idk why -derp-

And if it can only travel a short distance

Which would make it cool for "going downhill when on mountains" just saying

What would make the grappling hook better is if it takes some time to " reload" idk why -derp-

And if it can only travel a short distance

Which would make it cool for "going downhill when on mountains" just saying

or remove the grappling hook and implement the Zipline Crossbow!

I'm curious about game difficulty in Dead Island/Riptide there wasn't one and the zombies leveled with you and when you die you lost money and started from the last checkpoint.

However; Dead Island/Riptide was more 'fight or die' while Dying Light seems to be more 'flee or die' especially at night so how will death be handled?  If you die will you respawn at sunrise and what are the consequences of death do you lose money, xp, items or all the above?

I suggest just having one static difficulty level as the game looks great as it is and you give us the tools to survive.

I'm also curious about the day/night cycle how long is it in real time from sunrise to sunset and then again from sunset to sunrise?  I did see the mini-map is there plans to introduce a cell phone that gives the time and maybe with a gps component that serves as a map?  Though that might be a bad idea to 'take a break to check your phone' could break the immersion.

As a single-player I wonder how you plan to balance single vs. multiplayer gameplay.

I guess my post has more questions than suggestions I'm grateful for your reading just the same and am looking forward to Dying Light.  :)

I've been watching this game evolve for awhile now and I since the soon to be release of VR systems (within the next couple of years if not sooner) I was wonder if there was a chance that this game would support VR headsets and motion controllers? I can picture nothing better than actually free running around the world being fully immersed having to actually turn your body/head to look behind you as monster hordes are chasing you down the street.

another thing I plead with you is DONT MAKE THIS GAME EASY, I understand you have to cater to a variety of people but there is nothing worse than finishing a game on the same day you bought it.

P.s game looks bloody awesome.

Hi Jynxknight,

In terms of VR, we don't have an official stance or comment on it. We did show off Dying Light once with VR equipment, but it is not something that we will definitely implement or not implement.

So, as stated earlier - no official comment :)

And don't worry about the difficulty Jynxknight - we will make sure that Dying Light won't be a walk in the park.

I agree with Jynxknight. I love starting my games on the hardest difficulty, and trying to live the world as any normal AI would. I love challenges that make me think a lot, that's what make titles so alive. And like I said abt the rush you feel when scared outta your mind, that's something we fans want.

I know the rush feeling you describe - we also love it :)

We are making sure that Dying Light will satisfy that craving, and then some.

New idea: Custom controller settings.

Example for PS3:

Running - L3

Weaponwheel - L2

Shooting - R1

Custom controller settings seems like an easy and useful feature to implement - I'll pass it on to the devs.

Anyone have any ideals on how the multiplayer should be?

There's been some good multiplayer suggestions from people already, but please - the more the merrier.

If you guys have any multiplayer suggestions - post away!

________

Good ideas and suggestions people - please keep it coming!

Gold stars all around.

It's awesome to see that Techland is actually responding to us fans and take our ideas in consideration. Really, that's great. I've seen some companies who don't even care about their fans and/or their idea's. But Techland, they actually listen unlike any other company. Keep it up!

I would like to see a new weapon in this game, the X26 Taser. Just to have some fun in multiplayer and singleplayer, stunning zombies for like 10 seconds. What I expect when I hear the word multiplayer: 1 to 6 people trying to survive in the map, helping or betraying each other (I can see where this is going with random people, lol).

It's awesome to see that Techland is actually responding to us fans and take our ideas in consideration. Really, that's great. I've seen some companies who don't even care about their fans and/or their idea's. But Techland, they actually listen unlike any other company. Keep it up!

^100% agreed and while I might and will disagree with some of their design choices I would still throw money at them so they can keep up with the awesome work.  :)

can u make the guns in Dying Light more tight and comfortable like Bf and COD and make melee less clumsy like

BF feels like chupacabra, and so does Cod though. :/ I'd rather see it be more realistic like they did on Insurgency.

hello I have a minor idea that has most likely been covered but it would be great if the people we rescue would end up being at one of the safehouses so we can actually see that we saved them.

Also a quick question/suggestion since the basic zombies seem intent on eating anything human or not moving will it be possible to use dead bodies (both infected and otherwise ) to lure large groups away ?

Edited by King of AR

Woot Gold stars folks...Well I've have a huge brain...so here I go go. So I've seen the combat when zombies take a hit in certain areas and I kno it affects the way they walk or swing in some form of way. So how abt putting in a combat system where we get to betray the bones wit our bear hands, depending on the area that's weaker on the body. Zombies are weak feeble creatures when they start to deteriorate in the hot sun. Depending on if the smell of the corpse, let it affect our player. The more death like smell, the more woosey we get. Adding gas masks to our players load out will make it where our players are secure and ready for upcoming environments. This makes the game more real life to where the daring goes for the glory and the smarts stay secure.

-------------

Ok! So I've been thinking on the FPS movement. It's perfect for this title. Sprinting and shooting gives us some quick pops to the zombies ahead of us, making a secure path towards our goals. Oh! Adding flashlights to our weapon, is that already in the game or no? I kno some lights can blind a zombie temp, and gives us an opening shot. Take some zombie flashes on the way down some street or something lol. I kno it's gonna be scary as chupacabra running away from the infected at night, and I most def respect that. Now abt that if you die, you gotta make a new character. This would be epic; making the chances of anyone going out at night slim. People will now take the night more seriously. It's only daring that gets people far in situations like this.

Ok! So I've been thinking on the FPS movement. It's perfect for this title. Sprinting and shooting gives us some quick pops to the zombies ahead of us, making a secure path towards our goals. Oh! Adding flashlights to our weapon, is that already in the game or no? I kno some lights can blind a zombie temp, and gives us an opening shot. Take some zombie flashes on the way down some street or something lol. I kno it's gonna be scary as chupacabra running away from the infected at night, and I most def respect that. Now abt that if you die, you gotta make a new character. This would be epic; making the chances of anyone going out at night slim. People will now take the night more seriously. It's only daring that gets people far in situations like this.

I'm pretty sure that most of what you mentioned is already present in the game.

But i doubt they will have anything related to permadeath, because they had already pushed that idea aside multiple times.

I would like to see a new weapon in this game, the X26 Taser. Just to have some fun in multiplayer and singleplayer, stunning zombies for like 10 seconds. What I expect when I hear the word multiplayer: 1 to 6 people trying to survive in the map, helping or betraying each other (I can see where this is going with random people, lol).

Thanks for the nice words Reticled - to a Mod like me, it means the world :)

We definitely want to hear all of our fans suggestions and ideas - after all, we make the games for you. So please, keep posting suggestions/feedback/comments/whatever away - we read them all.

And the X26 Taser - seems interesting. Let's pass it on to the devs!

^100% agreed and while I might and will disagree with some of their design choices I would still throw money at them so they can keep up with the awesome work.  :)

Thanks Azru007 :)

Feeling the love today!

can u make the guns in Dying Light more tight and comfortable like Bf and COD and make melee less clumsy like

ryanmisus1234 - we will make sure that the gun play and melee will feel tight and comfortable. We are putting in a lot of hours to make sure it's going to feel good.

Really good.

Also a quick question/suggestion since the basic zombies seem intent on eating anything human or not moving will it be possible to use dead bodies (both infected and otherwise ) to lure large groups away ?

Hey King of AR,

We have a similar mechanic that you described there in the works. To distract those pesky zombies, you'll be able to throw fireworks to lure them away from where you want to go. 

Nice clean getaway - here we come!

I have a question, how would gameplay and graphics change from ps3 and ps4 on Dying Light?

Our aim is to make the Dying Light gameplay experience exactly the same across all platforms. While the PS3 version might not look as good as the PS4, the gameplay itself will still be the same. We put a lot of effort to preserve elements like the amount of enemies simultaneously on screen - something that would normally get scaled down for last-gen games. We are convinced last-gen users will not lose out on the game, gameplay-wise.

There will be flashlights in the game PvtMcCord77, and you will be able to use them to you advantage.

In terms of new character - in Dying Light you play as one character, Kyle Crane. If you lose him, then the city of Harran could be in big trouble...

_______

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts - we love it. 

And btw, if you see someone who made a nice post/suggestion/comment - give them an up-vote (green arrow on the bottom right of their post). I'll be throwing some up-votes as well.

Superstar material guys - keep it coming!