Paweł Modliński

Ideas And Feature Requests For Dying Light Developers.

1,990 posts in this topic

Here's something me and my friends were itching for ever since Dead Island but the game jsut couldn't make it happen. Basicly a race mode. Get from A to B, Sounds simple enough but here's where it can get cooler. Obviously the players race each other. But it's not just first to make it to the finish line wins. You get performance points. Don't get hit, combo kills, special monster kill, stunt executed and stuff liek that will earn you points. Death takes them away or worse yo straight up lose. The one that finishes first gets extra points and the others lose points the more time they take to finish. Winner is the guy with most points at the end of the run.

Easy mode : Race during the day, use all weapons.

Normal mode: Race during the day, use no weapons.

Hard mode: Race during the night, use all weapons.

Good Night Good Luck: Race at night with no weapons, death is permament.

Even if it's left to players to decide how they want to play and score each other, the games implimentation to design "race routes" through the city is fairly simple and not that time concuming. Plus I figure stuff like this has probably been done already for other features of the game.

For the thief maybe an available part of it is be the zombie so there you can see who is faster, your friend, (or anybody else you met on the Internet) or you?

And will this game be atleast two player co-op splitscreen? I really wanted this for dead island 1 and riptide. Please?

I doubt replacing the Thief would be a good idea, especially since we already have the 'Be the zombie' mode.

But i do have another idea that could spike things up.

Team Blue will consist out of a 3 or 4 man Goon squad.

dying-light-scr07.jpg

Team Red will consist out of 2 thieves.

(Perhaps the 'thief' can look like the guy on the right?)

Dying-Light-Game-PC-Wallpaper-Desktop.jp

Team Green will consist out of 1 special infected.

76187a7c1b2a8fe20e53224afaacacb5.jpg?ito  (it's rather small, but this was the best picture i was able to find.)

The Goons:

The 'Goons' are bulky people that rely on brute strenght, And often carry firearms.

The 'Goon' will be the only class that has access to firearms when spawning. and they are known to be in groups of 4.

Because the 'Goons' aren't able to climb as high as 'Thieves'. They will be restrained to stay on the ground, and often encounter normal infected. This forces the 'Goons' to fight either in melee, making their characters scream and yell out of anger, or use firearms. Doing so makes a lot of noise, which will make it easier for the 'Infected' and 'Thieves' to find out the 'Goon's' location.

The 'Goons' objective is to find and hold the supply package which gives them points overtime. Though once they lose control of the supply package, they will recieve an arrow indicator (which is because of the GPS chip that is imbedded), and allows the 'Goons' to find the package with ease. 

The Thieves:

The 'Thieves' are Slim, and come in fast and small groups of 2. Because they are so lightweight, they are able to traverse the enviroment using almost any type of obstacle. 

They excell at sneak and throwing attacks, and are often seen using sharp weapons. Not only are they really fast, they have exceptional stealth abilities which allow them to hide from the infected pretty easily.

One of the biggest downsides of the 'Thief' would be the lack of resilience to damage.

The 'Thieves' objective is to find and hold the supply package which gives them points overtime. If the 'Thieves' lose control over the package, they will first have to locate the 'Goons' which they can do by chasing down loud noises (for example: gun shots, explosions, loud voices, etc). Once the 'Thieves' have managed to find the Goons, they will see the carrier highlighted with some sort of indicated (Glow, or some sort of reflection flare.)

The Infected:

The 'Infected' has a bulky body type, but don't let his looks fool you. He is as resilient as a 'Goon', and as fast as a 'Thief'.

Using his scream, he is able to call in surrounding infected which will help him fight the human teams that are currently in the area. Not only does his body allow for loud noises that attract other infected. He is able to use some sort of x-ray vision that allows him to look through nearby walls, but it also allows him to see sound waves that are being made by either the 'Goons' or the 'Thieves'. Do keep in mind that he will have a harder time tracking the Thieves, than he will have when tracking the Goons.

While he seems really strong when compared to the other classes. You simply can't forget that he's all on his own (except for the normal infected. :3).

His objective is simply put to make kills. Of course, the amount of points he gains with every kill will differ from each class, but that can be discussed later.

(sub tactic: The 'Infected' could kill the package carrier, and then swarm the place with normal infected. That way, he can hide somewhere while he waits for somebody to grab the bait. :D)

The only requirement for this game mode would be grouped matchmaking, but with a twist.

Since all 3 teams have a different amount of players. I wish to make it so that lone wolves, 2 man groups, and 4 man groups can play together in one match. And if done correctly, we shouldn't see any problems with balancing.

Dying light has some good parkour elements, and I think there might be some missions that require you to go FASTER

So maybe add some vehicles?

Ideas:

Cars(make rideable ones uncommon)

Trucks(like cars)

Hang Gliders(common on high mountains)

Jet packs( Limited fuel) (VERY HARD TO FIND)(VERY fast)

Bicycles( Make them common)

Jet Skis,boats, Motorboats, Etc.(common on water)

Motorcycles(RARE)

May be able to hide in haystacks or in cars etc.

Add pills or bottles or anything that change players(Speed, Muscle, Def. Etc.

ADD splitscreen this gives the game more better quality

Different ways to restore health( Drinks and snacks are from dead islands maybe

Dying light has some good parkour elements, and I think there might be some missions that require you to go FASTER

Ideas:

Cars(make rideable ones uncommon)

Trucks(like cars)

Hang Gliders(common on high mountains)

Jet packs( Limited fuel) (VERY HARD TO FIND)(VERY fast)

Bicycles( Make them common)

Jet Skis,boats, Motorboats, Etc.(common on water)

Motorcycles(RARE)

May be able to hide in haystacks or in cars etc.

Add pills or bottles or anything that change players(Speed, Muscle, Def. Etc.

Different ways to restore health( Drinks and snacks are from dead islands maybe

I get why you'd like to see vehicles in this game, but i doubt that it will really be an option. They'd have to redesign the whole map to make vehicles even viable in the slightest way.

Vehicles would also drive away the fear that comes with the night.

I think it would  be cool if there was a game mode like be a zombie but its co op and if you die and don't get revived you will become a zombie.

Another good idea I have is cinematic deaths, as in if you die by something that's a one hit kill or etc. it will show to you and the co op players (obviously for your POV it will  be in 1st person) the zombie ripping out your guts or stabbing through you.

In conclusion of my ideas i would like bows and arrows (maybe a crossbow blueprint with the bow as the base gun and zip line bows), fast suiciders (so you have to be quick about killing them), and bosses that are huge monstrosities and they are one of a kind (unlike in dead island 1 and Riptide were  the bosses except the final ones were just bigger versions of their counter part.

I hope you consider some of these and thank you if you do 

I get why you'd like to see vehicles in this game, but i doubt that it will really be an option. They'd have to redesign the whole map to make vehicles even viable in the slightest way.

Vehicles would also drive away the fear that comes with the night.

Yeah and maybe it might want the "Parkour" image instead of using alternatives because then it will lose its "parkour" purpose.

What would be really cool is a hard mode where if you die you start completely over no second life's I've been wanting a game with this as a mode be the first techland

Itcwould definitely put more into trying to survive not just running out you doe and restart at check points even make it a survival mode

Alright let me try to sum this up abit. A survival story mode you only get one life to complete the story die your story ends. If you are able to complete the story a hidden mod or weapon will be unlocked where you can unleash mayhem with .

Alright let me try to sum this up abit. A survival story mode you only get one life to complete the story die your story ends. If you are able to complete the story a hidden mod or weapon will be unlocked where you can unleash mayhem with .

Perhaps you can mix in the other 2 posts into one post instead. It would make it better to read. :)

Alright! So I've seen the 2014 trailer viewed at E3 and I love it. The creativity and elements brought into action makes me think you guys and girls have no problem on your hand. What questions me are classes. I mean goons are like people who are just brought out into the world , like average people, and thieves are people who are athletic. Imma be honest here but the class set up seems like "Brink". I love the game and can kill a whole team jus by sliding, but when I see the class which is called goons, who are able to wield range weapons such as firearms, it makes me wonder why not the other classes? Almost any human being can wield a weapon. When it comes to an apocalypse, I know their has to be a leader pulling the strings, but classes make it more diplomatic where you question "is my character suitable for this or that type of job?" I love what your doing to the game, it's just classes don't make the game feel as free going as someone would want it to be. RULES...

I personally would love to see the ability to throw animal meat into a crowd of zombies to distract them.

Another awesome thing would be the ability to barricade a door with anything that's near the door, obviously it wouldn't last forever and eventually the zombies could bash the door down. This would add a intensity to the game, a real feeling of being trapped, or desperation of escape.

I'm just shooting for the stars here, but here are a few ideas.

1. I heard about character customization. I'm not sure I you can reveal much but I have my hopes for completely editing your character, choose a character, let's say female (I want to feel like I am the character) customize her, change the hair, clothing(unlock clothing later on) eyes, and so on. I understand but the skill trees, but I have hopes for this.

2. No nudity. My boyfriend and I enjoy playing games together. He and I finds it disrespectful when a Nude woman comes across the screen. He doesn't believe in looking at other woman; respects me and so I respect him the same way, since I believe the same. We both enjoyed Dead Island together, and we both have our hopes up for this game.. We don't want it ruined with an unneeded feature.:( That's what happened with Watch Dogs.

3. Possible hunting? Exit the city to the wilderness and hunt deer, rabbits, and anything else that lives? Hunting an animal, and skinning it and sell it to the survivors will be an interesting way, not only that, but it will help the 'survivors life'. I'm just shooting for the stars on that one.

4. I joined the walking dead Bandwagon. One word "Crossbows". Stealthy and deadly. But lack of ammo.

5. Hide areas. Run into a room if it gets crazy at night, slam the door, and quickly hide under the bed, in a closet. Maybe in a shower. Hopefully the zombies don't smell you and find you. (Still shooting for those stars!!)

Anyhow!! Thanks for your time.(:

Thanks for all your input guys – a lot of great ideas there!

We really are enjoying reading your ideas different multiplayer modes, so please keep them coming. HaNYolO, thanks for the imagery as well. 

Although cars are cool, we don't want to implement them as we really want to focus on the Natural movement system. After all, if you could parkour like a champion, would you rather make a run for it or use a car? :)
Harran is littered with cars, and originally we intended to give the players ability to drive. However, during testing, it turned out that our Natural Movement simply eliminates the need for driving. There was just no incentive to limit yourself to driving, when you could get anywhere quickly and efficiently using Natural Movement.

In terms of split-screen, at the moment we are not implementing a split-screen option. There's a lot of things that need to be done under the hood to get that feature working well, and looking at the current gaming trends, it seems split-screen is something that's slowly fading away. It's something that we decided not to pursue.

What would be really cool is a hard mode where if you die you start completely over no second life's I've been wanting a game with this as a mode be the first techland

Itcwould definitely put more into trying to survive not just running out you doe and restart at check points even make it a survival mode

We are aware more and more players expect this kind of challenge from modern games, so we will seriously consider adding such features. However, we haven't made the final decision yet.

I personally would love to see the ability to throw animal meat into a crowd of zombies to distract them.

Another awesome thing would be the ability to barricade a door with anything that's near the door, obviously it wouldn't last forever and eventually the zombies could bash the door down. This would add a intensity to the game, a real feeling of being trapped, or desperation of escape.

We have a similar mechanic to your “throwing meat as a distraction†idea – you will be able to throw firecrackers as a distraction.

In terms of barricades, it's something that goes a bit against our Natural Movement system. Your character's main strength is his speed and agility – use that to your advantage to get out of sticky situations. 

I'm just shooting for the stars here, but here are a few ideas.

1. I heard about character customization. I'm not sure I you can reveal much but I have my hopes for completely editing your character, choose a character, let's say female (I want to feel like I am the character) customize her, change the hair, clothing(unlock clothing later on) eyes, and so on. I understand but the skill trees, but I have hopes for this.

2. No nudity. My boyfriend and I enjoy playing games together. He and I finds it disrespectful when a Nude woman comes across the screen. He doesn't believe in looking at other woman; respects me and so I respect him the same way, since I believe the same. We both enjoyed Dead Island together, and we both have our hopes up for this game.. We don't want it ruined with an unneeded feature. :( That's what happened with Watch Dogs.

3. Possible hunting? Exit the city to the wilderness and hunt deer, rabbits, and anything else that lives? Hunting an animal, and skinning it and sell it to the survivors will be an interesting way, not only that, but it will help the 'survivors life'. I'm just shooting for the stars on that one.

4. I joined the walking dead Bandwagon. One word "Crossbows". Stealthy and deadly. But lack of ammo.

5. Hide areas. Run into a room if it gets crazy at night, slam the door, and quickly hide under the bed, in a closet. Maybe in a shower. Hopefully the zombies don't smell you and find you. (Still shooting for those stars!!)

Anyhow!! Thanks for your time.(:

1. With character customization, we will reveal more details as we come closer to the release date. What I can tell you though, is that Dying Light's story revolves around a specific character named Kyle Crane. We decided to go with a deep story, where the character's personality and background will heavily influence the others in City's quarantine zone. 
2. With nudity, we don't plan to show any unnecessary bareness.
3. The city of Harran is under strict quarantine, which makes leaving the city impossible for those trapped inside. Also, any supplies for the quarantine zone will come from air drops, so hunting for food is something that is not an option.
4. At the present moment, there won't be any cross-bows implemented. However, we have discussed them in the past, so they might make it into the game. No promises though. 
5. Your character's main talents are speed and agility. Best thing to do is run.

Let's keep this discussion going. It really is a goldmine of ideas.

Yuck, i won't be able to watch the E3 stream for Dying Light tonight. :/ 

Are we going to see a recording of the stream on the facebook page? (The Dying Light part)

So about traveling. I'm hearing some odd ideals for adding some type of transportation. Adding it in the game isn't needed. But implementing elevators might give the game more of a free roam vibe in buildings. The key thing is adventuring. Once I get the game, I'm settling down in the most dangerous area I can find. Setting up my base, and keeping it a personal secret. Adding buildable traps wouldn't be a bad idea for gamers who just wanna settle down and grab the supply drops closer to their position. Oh! so I saw what's in the supply case but only see the gamer grab some type of green chip, and all around the chip is supply's. What so important abt the chip? And if it is important, then why let a bunch of runners go get the chip. If it's something like a huge secret, then why is the government letting it out by dropping supply containers in surburban areas.

Make us look for the power sources in elevators to return the power to them...Jus make us use our flashlights lmao.

Maybe bikes could be added to the game. I mean were gonna be saving children, so my objective would be to teach them how to live. To make this game feel inhuman, how abt adding emotional children scenes where they get bitten, making us have tough choices. Not the simple ones where u ask, should we kill her or not, but what should we do. Doesn't really seem inhuman, but think of something regretting for our choices.

Hi Techland team, i have a very nice idea:

-Suppose that the protagonist is a noob with firearms, the first time when he shoot with a ... shotgun, the dude fall back by the recoil, he can't reload with easily, because the shotgun is strong (i guess), later, the dude becomes a PRO with the guns!

So that was my idea.

PD: The game is AMAZING

-Good Night, Good Luck-

Alright! So I'm back with more bitter & sweet ideas. We all know weapons such as assault rifles, shotguns,sub-machine guns, snipers, and hand guns can have a huge effect on normal zombies. Now adding these weapons would make the game seem more DEAD ISLAND like. Let's drop the first 4 and bring in more hand guns. I mean what's more sexier than a snub in an on going apocolypse? Oh! And add the animated reload system but make it faster. Depending on where you find weapons, they are mostly jammed, or broken. Life isn't fair, so why should games shy away from that lol. So I kno our characters are fully customizable, so would that include the facial area also? I love making characters look similar to me. Noises are gonna be a huge key factor to this game since I've seen the trailer over and over. Imma shout every chance my partner gets caught by a hoard of zombies. I mean I'm never outnumbered if I have enough bullets.

Oh! Would dual weilding be implemented into the game?

You know what would be great for this game? a multiplayer mode called SURVIVE!

it's just like the title says; survive, you team up with friends and survive in the open world as long as possible! every 24 (IN GAME) hours the level of zombies will increase! making it harder and harder! imagine the cool stuff that can happen! they should also add random supply drops across the map to keep you moving during day and night! and the need of food and stuff, this would be awesome! and of course with a leader board! and with boss zombies and stuff!

Also a few extra's that could make it more interesting;

-Able to have other survivors join to fight against them or survive with them!

-Maybe other players could join in as zombies?

-I don't know how long a in game day is; maybe 48 Minutes like you see in many games? or even longer? so how about a hardcore mode where you can change the game days to real 24 hours?

That's all! i'll bet this will improve the amount of time people play this game!

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Thanks for reading and like if you agree! - And feel free to comment or maybe add more idea's!

AWESOME IDEA:

GAMEMODE: SURVIVAL

-SURVIVE TOGETHER WITH FRIENDS

-EVERY 24 IN GAME HOURS IT WILL GET HARDER, MORE ZOMBIES MEANING EVERY DAY A NEW CHALLENGE!

-YOU'RE IN THE NEED OF FOOD AND ITEMS! SUPPLY DROPS ACROSS THE OPEN WORLD TO KEEP YOU MOVING.

-YOU'RE ALSO ABLE TO FIND FOOD AND WEAPONS ACROSS THE MAP! BUT SUPPLY DROPS GIVE WAY MORE!

-SUPPLY DROPS CONTAIN WEAPONS AND FOOD AND OTHER NEEDS AND INTEL FOR SPECIAL USEFUL ITEMS.

-THESE SUPPLY CRATES AND USEFUL ITEMS CAN BE GUARDED BY HOARDS OR BOSS ZOMBIES OR MAYBE EVEN HUMAN NPC'S

-OTHER PLAYERS CAN JOIN, FIGHT WITH THEM OR AGAINST! (PARTY MODE FOR A LOBBY WITH FRIENDS ONLY)

-HARDCORE MODE; NO HUD, NO CROSSHAIR, NO HEALTH REGENERATION (ONLY FROM SUPPLY DROPS) AND MUCH ZOMBIES!

THAT'S ALL! IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA'S FEEL FREE TO REPLY! AND LET'S HOPE THIS WILL MAKE IT IN THE GAME!

Ok! I've seen some pretty amazing ideas here on the form. I think its genious to implement expanding zone items in the game. It makes us more suspicious about our surrounding when entering a abandon building. Plus the fact that adding survival game modes to the game could give another story showing how it all went down.

- Wingsuit (jump from a high building to use this ability)

- Bow (with electric arrow)

- Flamethrower

- Heavy attacks (killing a zombie in a 5 seconds animation, silent and painful)

- Chainsaw

- Dual Wield Knifes (one spring knife)

- A little "Sun-meter" on the bottom of the players screen (so you can see the time you have until it's dark)

- Much jungle environment (I especially love these areas, they're scary but interesting)

- Being able to cover your character in zombie blood so the "fellow" zombies don't recognize you (make sure to include a zombie-walking animation)

Please let me know your favorite idea of this list!

Thanks for your time!

- Flamethrower

- Chainsaw

- A little "Sun-meter" on the bottom of the players screen (so you can see the time you have until it's dark)

- Much jungle environment (I especially love these areas, they're scary but interesting)

- Being able to cover your character in zombie blood so the "fellow" zombies don't recognize you (make sure to include a zombie-walking animation)

Thanks for your time!

I don't really  think any of these points are all that special, but i have to be honest, and say that i dislike some of them.

Wingsuit: This simply doesn't belong or fit into the game. + i doubt you'll find anything like in such a location.

Chainsaw: This wouldn't work since a chainsaw would probably get clotted with hair/fabric all the time.

Sun-meter: Why do we really need this again? You could simply look into the sky if you ask me.

Jungle enviroment: I don't think that would work too well with the free-running mechanic, but i could be wrong.

Blood cover: This would kind of beat the purpose of free running everywhere. Why run if you are safe to begin with?

On another note:

I doubt there won't be a bow in the game, since it's pretty much quite a basic weapon. This also goes for the flamethrower, and even a homemade one would do. But yeah, the single-player experience seems fine as it is. What i would like to see is people coming up with different multiplayer modes, or side missions. Because lets be honest. It would be a pain to the same stuff over and over again.

Thanks for the comments everyone. 

The key thing is adventuring. Once I get the game, I'm settling down in the most dangerous area I can find. Setting up my base, and keeping it a personal secret. Adding buildable traps wouldn't be a bad idea for gamers who just wanna settle down and grab the supply drops closer to their position. Oh! so I saw what's in the supply case but only see the gamer grab some type of green chip, and all around the chip is supply's. What so important abt the chip? And if it is important, then why let a bunch of runners go get the chip. If it's something like a huge secret, then why is the government letting it out by dropping supply containers in surburban areas.

Although setting up camp might sound like a good idea, trust me, you will want to get back to the base as soon as possible. The game is about avoiding the streets at all costs, especially at night. You only venture out of the safety zone if you HAVE to. Staying out longer than required is not advised.

And about the importance of the airdrops – you will find out closer to the release date. It's a big one!

Hi Techland team, i have a very nice idea:
-Suppose that the protagonist is a noob with firearms, the first time when he shoot with a ... shotgun, the dude fall back by the recoil, he can't reload with easily, because the shotgun is strong (i guess), later, the dude becomes a PRO with the guns!
So that was my idea.
PD: The game is AMAZING

Good idea – I like it :) I'll pass it on to the devs.

Alright! So I'm back with more bitter & sweet ideas. We all know weapons such as assault rifles, shotguns,sub-machine guns, snipers, and hand guns can have a huge effect on normal zombies. Now adding these weapons would make the game seem more DEAD ISLAND like. Let's drop the first 4 and bring in more hand guns. I mean what's more sexier than a snub in an on going apocolypse? Oh! And add the animated reload system but make it faster. Depending on where you find weapons, they are mostly jammed, or broken. Life isn't fair, so why should games shy away from that lol. So I kno our characters are fully customizable, so would that include the facial area also? I love making characters look similar to me. Noises are gonna be a huge key factor to this game since I've seen the trailer over and over. Imma shout every chance my partner gets caught by a hoard of zombies. I mean I'm never outnumbered if I have enough bullets.

Oh! Would dual weilding be implemented into the game?

Glad you're back with more ideas PvtMcCord77.

You will be happy to know that there will be hand guns in the game. And don't worry about us filling the city with plenty of guns – once you see one, you'll think it's the best day of your life.

With character customization, it is something we will give more detail later. 
And dual wielding is not something that will be implemented in the game mechanic.

Also a few extra's that could make it more interesting;
-Able to have other survivors join to fight against them or survive with them!
-Maybe other players could join in as zombies? 
-I don't know how long a in game day is; maybe 48 Minutes like you see in many games? or even longer? so how about a hardcore mode where you can change the game days to real 24 hours?

That's all! i'll bet this will improve the amount of time people play this game!
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!
Thanks for reading and like if you agree! - And feel free to comment or maybe add more idea's!

AWESOME IDEA:

GAMEMODE: SURVIVAL
-SURVIVE TOGETHER WITH FRIENDS
-EVERY 24 IN GAME HOURS IT WILL GET HARDER, MORE ZOMBIES MEANING EVERY DAY A NEW CHALLENGE!
-YOU'RE IN THE NEED OF FOOD AND ITEMS! SUPPLY DROPS ACROSS THE OPEN WORLD TO KEEP YOU MOVING.
-YOU'RE ALSO ABLE TO FIND FOOD AND WEAPONS ACROSS THE MAP! BUT SUPPLY DROPS GIVE WAY MORE!
-SUPPLY DROPS CONTAIN WEAPONS AND FOOD AND OTHER NEEDS AND INTEL FOR SPECIAL USEFUL ITEMS.
-THESE SUPPLY CRATES AND USEFUL ITEMS CAN BE GUARDED BY HOARDS OR BOSS ZOMBIES OR MAYBE EVEN HUMAN NPC'S
-OTHER PLAYERS CAN JOIN, FIGHT WITH THEM OR AGAINST! (PARTY MODE FOR A LOBBY WITH FRIENDS ONLY)
-HARDCORE MODE; NO HUD, NO CROSSHAIR, NO HEALTH REGENERATION (ONLY FROM SUPPLY DROPS) AND MUCH ZOMBIES!

THAT'S ALL! IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA'S FEEL FREE TO REPLY! AND LET'S HOPE THIS WILL MAKE IT IN THE GAME!

Great idea – I like it! I'll pass it on to the dev team.

Although a real time 24 hour mode sounds intense, it might be a bit too much. Imagine spending 24 hours in front of your PC – I reckon I would crack it. It could be just me though :) Anyone else up for a 24 hour challenge? 

Ok! I've seen some pretty amazing ideas here on the form. I think its genious to implement expanding zone items in the game. It makes us more suspicious about our surrounding when entering a abandon building. Plus the fact that adding survival game modes to the game could give another story showing how it all went down.

You mentioned an expanding zone item mechanic – could you give me a bit more info on that?

- Flamethrower
- Chainsaw

Thanks for your time!

Thanks for your ideas. 

I can let you know that dual-wielding will not be implemented in Dying Light. We are also setting the game in an urban environment, so jungle exploration may not be an option. 

In terms of the weapons you mentioned – stay tuned. We will reveal more info closer to the release date :)

And my favourite idea? Chainsaw. I used one for the first time in real life a few weeks ago, and I love it.

Keep those ideas coming people. They are really great!

Grappling hook adjustment:

Instead of it being a tool to pull yourself towards other locations, it would be a lot interesting to be able to use the grappling hook as a swinging tool instead. (for example: Bionic Commando.)

I'm not sure if this is already possible, but perhaps being able to pull a zombie/human towards the player could also be an option. Heck, it would be even cooler if you'd be able to use your weapon or crash into a zombie while in mid swing. (Not enough games with swinging mechanics. :D)

I really think the current grappling hook looks out of place. If it had some automated reeling system, then it might have come over a bit more believable, but i don't think it would look good. :/

What does the rest of you think about the current grappling hook?

*Edit

I have looked more into the grappling hook, and i actually gotta say that i really do hate how it works. :/ Everything else has been perfect in Dying Light for me so far, except this one thing. I really hope you will do something with this.

You mentioned an expanding zone item mechanic – could you give me a bit more info on that?

So what I mean in expanding zone items, are mission items that make you expand to other zones when completeing a certain task. Weather the zone is difficult, or daunting toward others, your gonna have to go to that area for a certain mission...You guys are the geniuses lol I have no clue what I'm talking abt here.

Buildings that are explorable is something we want more than anything. The animation where the protagonist tries to open the door is something we want but make to where some doors will open. Just put a lot of animation in the game lol it looks more realistic. Oh! So I like it where the zombies bites you, but is their a mechanic where you struggle not to get bitten? I mean it'll drain your strength to a point, but keeping zombies off is a priority.

I love the hand to hand combat when it comes to zombies. Just punching a body bag is better than a live one lmao, but reLly! The elbow drop was gold. I mean if you can add more creative ways to hand fight zombies, that'll be awesome. Oh! And traveling on a bike wouldn't be a bad ideal. Just make it a down hill only tool that gets you to someplace horrifying. I know the games gonna be scary as chupacabra and that's what the fans want. Excitement and split second thinking is gonna keep players on their toes at all time.