Sortileger

Empty Bailer Function

You really should have a function to empty the bailer of a partial bail, or allow it to change between grass and straw as the forager wagon does.  I have temporarily solved my issue by having 2 bailers, one for grass and one for straw.

1 hour ago, Gabrielmpf said:

I solved this by not using the baler on the last bit of a field or a grass stretch, which I know won't fill enough for another bale. Simple :P

I'm not understanding how this solves the issue.  The issue is if you don't empty the bailer completely, you cannot use it to pick up the opposite product.  I.E.  if you leave it partially filled with straw, you cannot use it for grass and vice versa.

That's what I was saying. If you have just a bit of straw left in the field and you're sure it won't fill the baler for one last bale, don't do it. That way, the baler will stay empty if you want to use it later for grass. 

would be better if we could dump it somewhere and pick it up later

Well, can't you just use the forage/loading trailer to get grass and store it and use the bailer to get straw?

Edited by gtasthehunter

3 hours ago, Gabrielmpf said:

That's what I was saying. If you have just a bit of straw left in the field and you're sure it won't fill the baler for one last bale, don't do it. That way, the baler will stay empty if you want to use it later for grass. 

That's fine if you do it manually, but workers won't know to stop if they don't have enough to finish the bail.

28 minutes ago, gtasthehunter said:

would be better if we could dump it somewhere and pick it up later

Well, can't you just use the forage/loading trailer to get grass and store it and use the bailer to get straw?

Probably, which would be fine because you can dump it.  I have tried the grass fermenting bunker, but still not sure if that works, which would alleviate the need to bail grass all together.  But the point is in the real world, bailers allow you to flush partial bales.  If this is just a game ignoring the rules of real life, then fine, I have a work around.  But if this is a simulator, then the bailer should be able to dump partial bales so you can change the source.   I am grateful that the bailer unloads itself and continues.  There are some models on FS17 that don't even do that :)

Edited by Sortileger

37 minutes ago, Sortileger said:

That's fine if you do it manually, but workers won't know to stop if they don't have enough to finish the bail.

Point taken. I never use workers, so haven't had this problem myself. I guess for now, having two balers is the way to go.

13 hours ago, Sortileger said:

Probably, which would be fine because you can dump it.  I have tried the grass fermenting bunker, but still not sure if that works, which would alleviate the need to bail grass all together.  But the point is in the real world, bailers allow you to flush partial bales.  If this is just a game ignoring the rules of real life, then fine, I have a work around.  But if this is a simulator, then the bailer should be able to dump partial bales so you can change the source.   I am grateful that the bailer unloads itself and continues.  There are some models on FS17 that don't even do that :)

That is only grass storage need bucket or sell grass from the tablet it isn't for fermenting silage can't see why you can collect grass again with bailer later either. then wrap it for silage!

Workers will unload and continue but now they only see to run one row and stop but before they would at least do the whole field but it was also really buggy!

7 hours ago, gtasthehunter said:

That is only grass storage need bucket or sell grass from the tablet it isn't for fermenting silage can't see why you can collect grass again with bailer later either. then wrap it for silage!

Workers will unload and continue but now they only see to run one row and stop but before they would at least do the whole field but it was also really buggy!

I believe the patch resolved the one row and stop issue.  My workers will completely bail a whole field now without issues thus far. 

And I see where I have been confused.  Cow fodder consists of Grass, silage and straw.  The Encyclopedia only refers to silage and straw.  My mistake.  I had to buy the Metaltech WP6 to figure this out.  So the grass bunker is just that, a bunker to hold grass.

Edited by Sortileger
Mispelling

On 4/16/2018 at 9:53 PM, Sortileger said:

You really should have a function to empty the bailer of a partial bail, or allow it to change between grass and straw as the forager wagon does.

I wouldn't mind seeing that feature for the seeders/sowers as well. I don't plant all fields with the same seed, so I always have a bunch left over from the previous field that just goes to waste. I don't believe it refunds you the money for unused seed when you change types, which would be another nice options as well. :( Obviously, I'm spoiled with how FS17 does it and seed is just seed, you change the type you want to plant on the seeder, so it doesn't matter if you fill up on seed, you can select what you want at the time of planting. I don't want to have to buy 3 different seeders to get around that problem.

8 hours ago, moosedawg said:

I'm spoiled with how FS17 does it and seed is just seed, you change the type you want to plant on the seeder, so it doesn't matter if you fill up on seed, you can select what you want at the time of planting. I don't want to have to buy 3 different seeders to get around that problem.

Which one do you think is more realistic? One that magically changes seed with an option, or the other which can only have one type of seed at a given time? Unless it's a seeder with multiple tanks :P

On 4/19/2018 at 2:48 AM, Gabrielmpf said:

Which one do you think is more realistic? One that magically changes seed with an option, or the other which can only have one type of seed at a given time? Unless it's a seeder with multiple tanks :P

True, obviously the current way is more "realistic". I did say I was spoiled by FS17 :P. Therefore, if we are talking realism vs QOL (I agree, simulators should lean more toward realism), then there still needs to be an "unload" feature for both the bailer and seeder to purge the remaining materials so you can swap out just as RL machinery does.