Sortileger

Forager Functions on harvesters

13 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me how to make this work?  The encyclopedia states that each harvester has a forager function which controls how the straw is ejected, but I cannot figure out how to control it.

It was removed for some reason maybe by accident? 
I want it back to but really you just have to plow or cultivate over it to remove it or just collect it, or just leave straw there and the straw goes away after some time.

1 hour ago, bostonjohnny1226 said:

It only works with the 2 larger ones. On pc, i hit Y to change it to spit out straw.

Thanks for the info, is greatly appreciated

8 minutes ago, FarmerJimbob said:

Really? I’ve always had the option to dump or cut straw on PS4.

I think he was referring to stopping it all together.  It might be nice to have, but as long as cut straw is available, it is always useful.

On 4/17/2018 at 7:50 PM, Sortileger said:

I think he was referring to stopping it all together.  It might be nice to have, but as long as cut straw is available, it is always useful.

How would that work? The harvester would need a huge second tank to store the straw. A harvester can either eject (dump) a straw swath to be foraged or baled later or cut the straw into small pieces  and spread them out behind it to be plowed back into the ground. In the game cutting the straw effectively eliminates it as the pieces are so small you can't see them after so its as though it stops the straw altogether. The harvesters in Pure Farming do both these realistic functions.

Edited by FarmerJimbob

I just checked again with PALESSE GS16 and I if you hold R1 you can Straw cut or straw dump I was sure that wasn't there before but maybe that was just the PALESSE GS575 unlike in the video below where I was able to Straw Cut or Straw dump with the GS575!

Edited by gtasthehunter