Gabrielmpf

Storage in Other Countries too Small

10 posts in this topic

This was already discussed here and there in other topics, but we need a dedicated one, so the developers take notice.

Storage space in other countries is pointless. There's just no logic in storing anything, because most of these buildings don't hold enough of one single harvest, let alone multiple ones.

We can't play the markets and wait for better prices, because the storage space is too small. We are forced to sell at whatever price is currently being used. Not fun...

One example is Japan: the cherry storage is just 40t, and there's just one storage building. One single harvest of all three orchards, however, is a whooping 100t. It doesn't make any sense.

Italy is another example, as with so many vineyards and olive orchards, there's just not enough space to store much of one single harvest if you have several fields.

Only Montana has a good storage space, because we can upgrade the silos and there are several of them scattered throughout the map. We just need proper balancing with the other locations to play the markets and make the game more interesting.

What do you guys think?

It would require more changes to the game, but it's an option. In the meantime, changing the size of the storage space is just a number and easily doable.

I think if you hold on to crops any types of crops you may actually never see any price changes or anything that big if an increase! Especially on the campaign, I haven't sold any grains since that task had me sell wheat and there has been no change since in any of off the prices that could change when my campaign becomes Free Farming again!

Edited by gtasthehunter

Oh, believe me, it does change. Every day, especially if you haven't been selling a particular produce or crop, it will go up 1 or 2%, sometimes more. The other way around if you sell lots of some goods, the price will go down.

So, in the end, it pays to wait and store your goods.

I'm playing with a new save in Free Farming, by the way.

Well, it doesn't do that on the campaign I've seen the same price for Rye for a long time and I haven't sold any grains besides the 1st batch from the task. 

3 hours ago, gtasthehunter said:

Well, it doesn't do that on the campaign I've seen the same price for Rye for a long time and I haven't sold any grains besides the 1st batch from the task. 

I think there is a maximum price limit.

38 minutes ago, Mr Squealypig said:

I think there is a maximum price limit.

Maybe, haven't got there yet, though.

I'm on my 24th day on a new save.

When I was on the campaign with the time moving fast, I got to day 104, if I'm not mistaken. So it's possible the prices will stabilize.

2 hours ago, cd_BE said:

Didn't someone thought that the more you sell the more the prices are rising. 

I did noticed that when I was playing the campaign. But since then, and with the patches, started a new save and things got back to normal.