5 posts in this topic

For the longest time I’ve wanted to perch on top of a tall building in old town and take out some zombies with a sniper but the closest thing I have is the police rifle so a sniper would be a god send or at least a scope for the rifles.

Don't we all, lol. I imagine being stuck on a rooftop of some abandoned building with a (silenced) sniper rifle clearing the parkinglot below would make one hell of a community event. 4 snipers on a rooftop, thousands of zombies down below, dozens of runners and survivors that need to be covered. Add some flying mutations and a new outfit and they've got another hit. 

If you shoot and kill from a long distance the zombies just fall straight down. Looks very bad. That's why they didn't add a sniper. There is a sniper in game files, but they stopped working on it due to the long distance thing. The sniper in files just looks like a weird police rifle. 

1 hour ago, Renfur said:

If you shoot and kill from a long distance the zombies just fall straight down. Looks very bad. That's why they didn't add a sniper. There is a sniper in game files, but they stopped working on it due to the long distance thing. The sniper in files just looks like a weird police rifle. 

I figured it was because something like that. Zombies spawn relatively close to the player so having a sniper wouldnt even make sense right now. But still we can hope, cant we?

9 hours ago, ZeroFcksGiven said:

I figured it was because something like that. Zombies spawn relatively close to the player so having a sniper wouldnt even make sense right now. But still we can hope, cant we?

They'd have to optimize the game more and fix that bug. Its not likely to happen. We can wish for it in DL2 or Bad Blood though.