Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michał Napora

Your Style Of Play In Hellraid?

29 posts in this topic

A quick question to get some thoughts going.

What do you imagine your play style in Hellraid will be?

Do you see yourself as a weapon master, a magic caster, or a bit of both?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Originally intended to be a Rogue, but with the New System possibly using Swift swords and Spells for quick close combat and duck out of range for some devastating spell action. Also utilizing the traps at every possible turn just because I know these baddies are not gonna be no lvl 1 pushovers

Edited by IzzyOtaku

I plan to make a Heavy Armored Knight Character who uses either 2-hand axes or 2-hand maces/hammers. Haven't quite decided between the weapons, gonna wait until I start seeing some.

I would love to be a crazied blood thirsty maniac wielding two swords. But I'd settle with a giant rolling tank using a massive two handed sword or great axe. Both seem cool. That or a bludgeon mace with a nailed shield?

Probably a heavy armored knight with using a halberd or a two handed sword and a crossbow if there are any enemies are out of my reach. 

Edited by ZeeGermanKnight

If there are bows I'm definitely going for a Spellbow playstyle. Bow at long range, spells for mid-short range, sounds perfect. A friend of mine is going for a full on Warrior, so I reckon our play styles will fit together very well.

Double knifes (or swords) + some "not power" spells.

Sword + shield - brutal warrior.

Two-handed weapon warrior - more brutal power, but less protection.

Clear mage -  very power spells + staff.

All this, because - they are have different tactic, dynamic & style's. I think its may be cool, but I won't refuse something experimental.

Hmm, if possible i wonna be a Brawler in it, with some knuckle related weaponry, Brawler style (punching kicking style) like in the

old Anime ( Fist Of The North Star: Kenshiro)

Edited by Deadly_Jack

I'd probably see myself alternating between melee, magic and ranged weapons, depending on what the situation requires. Of couse i'd be spreading my points thinly in each category and won't be great at any.. But versatility is the playstyle I like.

Light armor Agility-Warrior with a Two-Handed Hammer of some kind. I'll use defensive magics to bolster my otherwise lackluster defense and I'll make sure to carry a Lightning Staff around for long-range nukes.

I'd like to build myself as a tank. Shield and one-handed axe is the way to go for me. I'd also take skills for survivability and aggro.

Edited by aXe

I always loved spell casting, especially when I could use a one handed sword and cast with the other hand. Usually games handicap the chupacabra out of you to the point no one can do that.

Nothing more fun then swinging a flaming sword in one hand, and throwing fireballs with the other.... another thing Skyrim always held my interest I suppose. 

I would love to play a heavy knight, with some defensive and supportive spells (heals) -are there auras ?- with a flail and a big manheight shield or a spiked shield for high dmg bashes (Paladin Diablo II).

The second char is more offensive, a medium to heavy armored Berserker with fast attack speed and dual wielding without magic spells just full physic damage and maybe enrage passives at lower life...

Thats the play style i dream about :wub:

Edited by Kaiten

I am going to try to make a Death Knight type character. Heavy armor and a big chupacabra 2-hander. I will select spells that can enhance his dps and drain life from his enemies. If that is not possible then I will try to make a character than can kill as quickly as possible with no regard for defense :)

My 2nd character is going to be a pure spell caster. His only form of damage will be from spells.

My third character will be as tanky as possible utilizing armor and spells. 

I am really hoping that there are skills and spells to will make these builds possible. 

Edited by Korrupt

I will be a Berserker useing shields and 1 handed and 2 handed  flails i hope to god they put flails in i will give them a shiny whistle if they do.