Pete Donnelly

BTZ Update 04/05/2018

29 posts in this topic

The new BTZ/Invasion balance patch should be live now!  Details below:

Survivors
  • increased flare duration 
  • 3 flares and 3 medkits gifted each respawn
  • medkits/ammo/craft parts can be looted from hives
  • additional gold tier weapon rewards (previously, only fantasy weapons could be won)
  • slight increase in uv light distance for 2v1-4v1
Hunter
  • reduced knockback from hunter melee
  • explosion range for uv disable spit and horde spit returned to previous values
  • increased spit/uv block cooldowns in 3v1, 4v1

Thanks, need to test it out. Gold weapon change is certainly good, my Battle Axe of Titans collection is getting out of hand.

Just curious: what was the win/loss rate on humans during last balance patch?

Edited by Bub

19 minutes ago, James Gallagher said:

Be sure to pop back and let us know what you think!

James is there any possible way you guys could issue an actual update for this? Updating BTZ through the PLS just makes people use the bypass exploit to play pre-patch. 

Yes! The spit explosion radius definitely needed to be pulled back. I also like the addition of getting any gold tier weapon now from winning.

Nice, these changes sound great. I'll test them as soon as I can.

Also, do take note of Renfur's comment, bypassing update is not something that should happen.

Edited by Vallon

We make changes based on a combination of 3 things:

1. Stats 

2. Our experience (so yes, we play)

3. Feedback

Sometimes all 3 align and point to an obvious solution... Sometimes they don't.  We don't make changes based on knee jerk reactions to any 1 of these things in isolation though.  They each need to be weighed and compared to one another. 

Cheers!

27 minutes ago, Pete Donnelly said:

We make changes based on a combination of 3 things:

1. Stats 

2. Our experience (so yes, we play)

3. Feedback

Sometimes all 3 align and point to an obvious solution... Sometimes they don't.  We don't make changes based on knee jerk reactions to any 1 of these things in isolation though.  They each need to be weighed and compared to one another. 

Cheers!

Do you guys ever play with the community?

19 hours ago, Hawkshokstone1 said:

Hi I play on PS4 and I noticed my flares are only lasting a few seconds now, just curious if this is just me or if anyone else has had this problem?

We actually had this glitch today, 3 man team and everyones flares lasted about 3 seconds. At first we thought that hunter was cheating (seen similiar cheat few times) but flares kept shutting down randomly even after the match ended, until we all restarted our games. Playing on PC.

Edit: Happened again today with 3 man squad.

Edited by Bub

Finally, a human buff. Its a godsend that the hunters get a nerf. I do have one problem though. I feel the toxic bolt is a little underpowered and should take a away as much damage as a kick does (if you don't hit them right on).

9 hours ago, Hawkshokstone1 said:

I restarted my ps4 but it was still the same way even 1v1 was the same flare problem, I’ll try again later today see if the problem is still there

Make sure to connect to the game while you are connected to PS Network, patch only loads if you connect while online.

1 hour ago, Renfur said:

Make sure to connect to the game while you are connected to PS Network, patch only loads if you connect while online.

I’m aware lol. I’m just saying I’ve seen this posted on the Facebook page as well, I’m just trying to figure out if it’s just PS4 doing this. And I know I said I tried this in 1v1 and the problem was still there even after the hunter left 

6 hours ago, Hawkshokstone1 said:

I’m aware lol. I’m just saying I’ve seen this posted on the Facebook page as well, I’m just trying to figure out if it’s just PS4 doing this. And I know I said I tried this in 1v1 and the problem was still there even after the hunter left 

Was just making sure so there wasn't an issue with your client. Don't think they will be able to fix this issue until they release an actual update to the game so that flares are constant times among all players.

It could be 1 of 2 issues I believe;

1. Other players using the pre-patch exploit 
  2. Using flares crafted from the 1/12 patch or earlier (Try dropping the old flares and then crafting new ones to see if the issue remains)
  3. Players on PC who use an Online Enabler to modify their Field of View also cause flares to despawn. It is due to the PLS being bypassed to prevent the PLS from downloading the fair play files, therefore these players have the old flares and stuff and if someone with the new patch joins someone with pre-patch, it causes an issue in which the flares disappear. 
Edited by Renfur

Hey, have any of you run into this issue where the map will suddenly change when a hunter joins? Happens to me pretty often. Not a huge problem as I can just quit and change the map back. I don't know what triggers it.

25 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

Hey, have any of you run into this issue where the map will suddenly change when a hunter joins? Happens to me pretty often. Not a huge problem as I can just quit and change the map back. I don't know what triggers it.

Never heard of this one on PC. :/

On 4/6/2018 at 2:47 PM, Hawkshokstone1 said:

Hi I play on PS4 and I noticed my flares are only lasting a few seconds now, just curious if this is just me or if anyone else has had this problem?

Several of my crew members have had this short flare life span several times during Invasions and regular play. Only way to fix it was close application.

On 4/8/2018 at 3:19 AM, GreyWolf said:

We have had this several times. All while playing in Slums. Hunter joins and we get a loading screen. Then get sent to Old Town or Countryside. The 1st time we got sent to countryside we stayed in the match. We got put into Jasir's Barn with all doors closed. Closed app then came back to my save file. All my sidequests, quarantine zone locations, challenges, and progress had been reset. It was trying to start me in the prologue. Was able to move quests forward to extraction via the advanced options menu, but all other progress was lost. All my rank and inventory was still there. This happened to another crew member also.

We are on PS4.

Thanks Pete. Enjoying balance tweak and adding all the golds to Invasions was a great idea.