James Gallagher

Latest info on issues resulting from the latest console updates

39 posts in this topic

Over the weekend we released two updates for consoles. Unfortunately, there are still some issues that we are working hard to fix.

We’ll be releasing another update to address everything you’re reporting to us. In the meantime:

- Please be sure to manually check for the latest update via your console’s home menu. The emergency update we released on Saturday may not have automatically downloaded.
- While we are working on a solution to fix issues with existing save games, you may find that starting a new game works better for the time being.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We’re doing everything we can to make sure the game is to the standard it needs to be.

5 minutes ago, James Gallagher said:

We’ll be releasing another update

Nice! So next weekend? No rush, just asking for a friend :P

Really getting into the game. I’ve noticed a few changes since the last update not sure if it was in the last update or a glitch. I’ve noticed the spray behind the water bowser isn’t there any more. Also I can’t turn the swath off on the small combine. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Farmer giles said:

I’ve noticed the spray behind the water bowser isn’t there any more.

That's a water bug. If you add water to a orchard there is no water spraying anymore. All the water animations seem gone after the last patch. Not sure about Greenhouses didn't start those in my new game. 

I send a bug report about that one last weekend. And posted a video about it in the players helping players section.

13 minutes ago, cd_BE said:

Not sure about Greenhouses didn't start those in my new game. 

Greenhouses not working either. Get the sound but no animation.

Email I just got from support regards water animations. 

Dear Christopher

To make sure the game as such is working correctly at your end and no critical files have become corrupted, delete the game completely and re-install it, please, making sure you have stable internet connection during and after the installation process, so that the game's critical updates can be downloaded and successfully applied.

In order for the game to download completely, with all the additional content and updates, make sure that you do not turn the console completely off. Instead, go to Settings -> Network -> and tick the Connect to the Internet option.

Then, go one step back and enter Power Save Settings. Having entered these settings, choose Set Functions Available in Rest Mode and tick theStay Connected to the Internet option.

Having done all that, when you try to turn the console off, you will have the Enter Rest Mode option available. Select this option, please.

Also note that the above process will not delete your current progress.

Best Regards
Techland Support
Ticket: 

On Sun, 1 Apr at 9:17 AM , Christopher   wrote:
After patch all water animations for sprinklers, greenhouse, and equipment are missing.
Edited by mce911fr

I have the same problems Wit the water no animation but sound, my settings are set like dat the whole time and have stable connection so I can't see how dat will help + I am on version 1.1.3 

Same here. I uninstalled and re-installed the whole game after the emergency patch. Still having the same problems. Time will tell and at least they are listening and trying to resolve the issues. Just takes time. On version 1.13 as well.

Edited by mce911fr

40 minutes ago, mce911fr said:

Email I just got from support regards water animations. 

Dear Christopher

To make sure the game as such is working correctly at your end and no critical files have become corrupted, delete the game completely and re-install it, please, making sure you have stable internet connection during and after the installation process, so that the game's critical updates can be downloaded and successfully applied.

In order for the game to download completely, with all the additional content and updates, make sure that you do not turn the console completely off. Instead, go to Settings -> Network -> and tick the Connect to the Internet option.

Then, go one step back and enter Power Save Settings. Having entered these settings, choose Set Functions Available in Rest Mode and tick theStay Connected to the Internet option.

Having done all that, when you try to turn the console off, you will have the Enter Rest Mode option available. Select this option, please.

Also note that the above process will not delete your current progress.

Best Regards
Techland Support

On Sun, 1 Apr at 9:17 AM , Christopher   wrote:
After patch all water animations for sprinklers, greenhouse, and equipment are missing.

If I was you, I would delete my mail from that post!

In any case, that solution doesn't work. Tried it, and told support. Guess they haven't read my reply yet.

26 minutes ago, mce911fr said:

Same here. I uninstalled and re-installed the whole game after the emergency patch. Still having the same problems. Time will tell and at least they are listening and trying to resolve the issues. Just takes time. On version 1.13 as well.

I think the water bug is in 1.13 in 1.12 it stil worked. Tested that one with my 44 extra free SE tractors. 

21 minutes ago, Irish farmer said:

Ah yeah they are working hard to sort it which I like + the game it's self really good 

Yeah, they have something here. For a first time farming sim, they have good ideas and the good job part is coming.

5 minutes ago, cd_BE said:

LOL, I thought I got them all. Did not see the original email sent. Thanks. I agree this is a fresh take on a farm sim. Raining last night in game with distant thunder....Wow. Like I have said, it will take time, but I believe it will be well worth the wait.

Edited by mce911fr

3 minutes ago, mce911fr said:

Raining last night in game with distant thunder....

Oh, I only had rain in Japan. No thunder though... Something to look forward to reading this.

4 minutes ago, mce911fr said:

LOL, I thought I got them all. Did not see the original email sent. Thanks

Always glad to help.

Not seen anyone post that the water is working in their game after 1.1.3 - this is not an isolated case of updates not installing properly on an individual user’s machine. Also, I’m pretty certain an update won’t install on ps4 unless it has downloaded 100% successfully anyway. Hopefully the devs are looking into the game code for a solution rather than passing this off as an error of update installation.

I'm not an expert or any thing but I think there is some kind of conflict in code when you use the animal trailer on the west side of the map going to the butcher in Montana , it wants to sway right and left  and only with dat trailer

2 hours ago, FarmerJimbob said:

Not seen anyone post that the water is working in their game after 1.1.3 - this is not an isolated case of updates not installing properly on an individual user’s machine. Also, I’m pretty certain an update won’t install on ps4 unless it has downloaded 100% successfully anyway. Hopefully the devs are looking into the game code for a solution rather than passing this off as an error of update installation.

I haven't had any problems with water. Greenhouses, orchards, water cistern, I can see the animations fine.

I recorded a clip of my game from a few minutes ago. You can see the water animation on the cistern.

Playing with a new save and on XBox One with patch 1.1.3.

1 hour ago, Gabrielmpf said:

I haven't had any problems with water. Greenhouses, orchards, water cistern, I can see the animations fine.

I recorded a clip of my game from a few minutes ago. You can see the water animation on the cistern.

Ok, should have been a bit more specific - haven’t seen any PS4 player reporting water still working ok. Point is it’s not down to an install on single machine as was being suggested, like the crashing problems on PS4 previously.

Indeed. From what I've seen here on the forum, the PS4 version seems more unstable. I haven't had any crashes on Xbox (on this game), even pre patches.

Good point fair chance my PS4 condo is unstable. Will wait until Saturday update. Also I noticed a glitch with the sound of the rotating plough not closing properly just before error then game crashed and had to start from start VERY FRUSTRATING. ANY POINTERS.

6 hours ago, Gabrielmpf said:

Xbox one player here. No water issues at all. I did notice the sprayer animation changed to a finer spray and the water animation while spraying the field is finer as well

9 hours ago, cd_BE said:

In any case, that solution doesn't work. Tried it, and told support. Guess they haven't read my reply yet.

I think the water bug is in 1.13 in 1.12 it stil worked. Tested that one with my 44 extra free SE tractors. 

Yeah, they have something here. For a first time farming sim, they have good ideas and the good job part is coming.

Yeah for a new game we will have expect teething problems but in have faith in techland. The game has potential with good graphics,gameplay. Give it time