Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabrielmpf

Update on Consoles - Explanation on What's Really Going On

15 posts in this topic

So, with the help of @cd_BE, and with further testing, I believe we can pinpoint exactly where the problem comes from and what's causing it.

It's all having to do with the two vehicles offered in the patch 1.1.2. If you don't get them, the game is stable and safe to play.

I had several saves made before the updates, so I tried to buy vehicles and tools at the store and transferring them to other places. Traveled to other countries and did the same. Quit the game several times and reloaded.

All of the above without ever buying any of the new vehicles offered in the patch. 

Whatever you do, don't buy these vehicles, because that's when the game starts to go all Twilight Zone on you.

I think it's safe to say that these vehicles were not very well implemented into the game, because as soon as they enter the game, you can forget about having a smooth experience.

So, that's it. The game is not as bad as I thought it was, after the updates. Just stay away from those new vehicles. Hope you guys have other saves from before the updates. If not, you can try a new game, as long as you don't get the new vehicles (the ones that appear as 0€$ in the store).

Edited by Gabrielmpf

30 minutes ago, Gabrielmpf said:

So, with the help of @cd_BE, and with further testing, I believe we can pinpoint exactly where the problem comes from and what's causing it.

It's all having to do with the two vehicles offered in the patch 1.1.2. If you don't get them, the game is stable and safe to play.

I had several saves made before the updates, so I tried to buy vehicles and tools at the store and transferring them to other places. Traveled to other countries and did the same. Quit the game several times and reloaded.

All of the above without ever buying any of the new vehicles offered in the patch. 

Whatever you do, don't buy these vehicles, because that's when the game starts to go all Twilight Zone on you.

I think it's safe to say that these vehicles were not very well implemented into the game, because as soon as they enter the game, you can forget about having a smooth experience.

So, that's it. The game is not as bad as I thought it was, after the updates. Just stay away from those new vehicles. Hope you guys have other saves from before the updates. If not, you can try a new game, as long as you don't get the new vehicles (the ones that appear as 0€$ in the store).

"Hot Fix" for a  broken patch that was released for a game that was broken....HAHAHAHA!!   I'm just going to sit back in my chair and watch the fire grow bigger until it burns itself out.

1 hour ago, Gabrielmpf said:

Thanks to the both of you for the testing and heads up,ill be sure not to purchase the new vehicles untill i know they are fixed. I think this thread should be stickied at the top of the forum to alert others and save them any frustrations untill its fixed.

Edited by Tamking

1 hour ago, Gabrielmpf said:

So we are now officially the unofficial beta testers for Pure Farming :P

14 minutes ago, SwEeT_PiCkLeS said:

Puppets

C'mon man! If you're done with the game and aren't willing to help, why are you still wasting your time in here? That's just bad form.

We like the game. We know that eventually all these problems are going to be fixed and just be a thing of the past.

All we have to do is just have a little more patience.

8 minutes ago, Gabrielmpf said:

C'mon man! If you're done with the game and aren't willing to help, why are you still wasting your time in here? That's just bad form.

We like the game. We know that eventually all these problems are going to be fixed and just be a thing of the past.

All we have to do is just have a little more patience.

Absolutely right gabrielmpf, 100% agree for me.

btw. Ignore list is a good feature ;)

Edited by Farmer

Good stuff guys.

Did you test in Montana or everywhere? Just curious I started a new save when 1.1.2 came out I started in Germany and moved to Colombia. When I got to Colombia I bought both vehicles included in the patch. I have yet to experience any issues.  

So I'm curious if maybe the new vehicles aren't compatible with the previous version of the game. 

2 hours ago, Weaponz248 said:

Good stuff guys.

Did you test in Montana or everywhere? Just curious I started a new save when 1.1.2 came out I started in Germany and moved to Colombia. When I got to Colombia I bought both vehicles included in the patch. I have yet to experience any issues.  

So I'm curious if maybe the new vehicles aren't compatible with the previous version of the game. 

That's a good point. Will have to test it later to see if there are any issues. You may be right, there may be something to do with an incompatible save from the previous version that's causing this.

Nevertheless, they have to predict that these things might happen and prevent it, or any game out there that made updates would always be incompatible with previous saves.

Edited by Gabrielmpf

35 minutes ago, Gabrielmpf said:

That's a good point. Will have to test it later to see if there are any issues. You may be right, there may be something to do with an incompatible save from the previous version that's causing this.

Nevertheless, they have to predict that these things might happen and prevent it, or any game out there that made updates would always be incompatible with previous saves.

Would not be the first game out there that has this issue with each update. They will get it sorted in time. At least they are trying and not just going away and not bothering any more. Kudos to the devs for sticking with it, a shame some people can't be bothered to do the same.

Hang in there folks.

Okay, did some further testing, and @Weaponz248 was right.

If you start a new game and buy any of the new vehicles included in the patch 1.1.2, the game stays stable and everything works as it should, which means that the new updates are, indeed, incompatible with the previous saves.

So, there you have it. Another piece of the puzzle complete :P

I’ve been playing a completely new save today after the patches (always intended to start over when real time dropped in) and it’s been a great experience. Hadn’t been brave enough to chance the new vehicles with it tho on account of the warnings.

Cheers for the testing Gabriel, I really need a new truck as I had to sell the old one after I beached it on a rock and “exit blocked” became a constant even after I freed it.

Thanks ;)

Let's hope the game thrives from now on. It's been a perilous road, but we've got progress.

I've also started a new save. Not just for testing. I wanted to start on my own without the freebies the game throws at you throughout the campaign mode. It's more rewarding when you work for your things :P

Always keep more than one save, though, just to be safe, for when you do anything you're unsure of.

Edited by Gabrielmpf

2 minutes ago, Gabrielmpf said:

Thanks ;)

Let's hope the game thrives from now on. It's been a perilous road, but we've got progress.

I've also started a new save. Not just for testing. I wanted to start on my own without the freebies the game throws at you throughout the campaign mode. It's more rewarding when you work for your things :P

Yeah I also started over because of that too and only gave myself 50k but with the sapphires, starting equipment, and the free tractors you still get a pretty easy start.

5 hours ago, FarmerJimbob said:

I really need a new truck as I had to sell the old one after I beached it on a rock and “exit blocked” became a constant even after I freed it.

You can teleport to sheds starting with owned Shed #1 if you get stuck on land! or just too far away, can also use the drone when unlocked to transfer stuff not hooked up to Sheds!

And the new yellow truck should be safe I got it on an old save and a new campaign save, but the black JCB is still buggy on the old save I haven't tried the black JCB on my new campaign save yet not lv5 yet.

Edited by gtasthehunter