smoking_jay

Potato harvest (worker) and pigsty problems

8 posts in this topic

Hi

I've got a couple of issues right now. First one is that whenever I assign a worker to harvest a potato field and the harvester's storage fills up, the worker won't unload the potatoes in an empty trailer I park next to the machine. Is this a bug or is it designed that way? It would make sense for it to be working the same way as the grain harvesters, no? Second issue I have is that I can not feed my pigs any potatoes. I load the potatoes in a trailer, go to the pigsty, roll up next to the machine, the game prompts me to press R,  but then I just hear the sound of the potatoes pouring out, no animation, no change in the quantity in the trailer, no change in the percentages in the pigsty's status. If anyone can help, It will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

@PetterCZ I think we all do.

For Potato harvest they have to rethink tings. Even if you put a trailer next to it, they start unloading but as soon as they have a little bit of empty room (20kg) the AI worker starts driving off. 

So like someone said here the only option is to fire the retarded worker and unload it by yourself and rehire someone new for the next batch. 

I hope we get something like the Grimme VARITRON 470 

maxresdefault.jpg

the equipment we have now is just not compatible with the AI.

I cannot express into words my distaste for the potato harvester... its just clunky...the controls are horrible and after unloading it won't work again unless you save, quit and restart the game... in the campaign mode I filled it twice...sold it...and plowed the rest of potatoes under... it's that bad

3 hours ago, farmguy said:

I cannot express into words my distaste for the potato harvester... its just clunky...the controls are horrible and after unloading it won't work again unless you save, quit and restart the game... in the campaign mode I filled it twice...sold it...and plowed the rest of potatoes under... it's that bad

The hire/rehire is the best way to harvest potato's atm. But I sold everything that has anything to do with potatoes. It's like you said it's that bad even worse. 

4 hours ago, farmguy said:

TBH it works if you just reload the save -- no need to quit the game. It works in my case.

54 minutes ago, smoking_jay said:

TBH it works if you just reload the save -- no need to quit the game. It works in my case.

That is already one UNNECESSARY step too many....