Pete Donnelly

BtZ Feedback Wanted: 03/21/2018

34 posts in this topic

Still not much desire for 3v1s or 4v1s from both sides on PC, given Nightmare difficulty survivor settings. Feels like Hunter charity and although I enjoy making hunters feel good about their skills by playing survivor pinata, it's starting to feel like "bad work - hunter therapy" instead of "good game".

Hope things get optimized and wish folks fun out there nonetheless. Unfortunately for fans of the game mode, the record is starting to indicate that such optimization is rare. So people wouldn't be too wrong to dial back expectations because "yes, there are updates and fixes due to community feedback", but also "yes, response time is very slow"- that is if problems get addressed in the first place,  which isn't a given.

This seems like a survey for kids at your local elementary school, to be honest, but you're the dev here.

Survivor

One thing I like: The added challenge for 1v1s

One thing I dislike: The Atlantic Ocean of spits I'm forced to swim through

Hunter

One thing I like: The 2v1 damage reduction

One thing I dislike: I have nigh-infinite spits and UV blocks

Overall

One thing I want: Nerf the damn spit/UV block regen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whether you'll read it or not, I'll leave this list of issues with the PvP in order of importance:

1. Spits and UV block timers need a serious tone down for 3 and 4v1s, moderate one for 2v1s

2. Telebombers (although after 3 years of them being in the game, I doubt we'll ever see a fix to this)

3. Flares. You need an additional one in team games so that it's not completely impossible to survive a UV spit without a team. Either that, or increase their duration to match a UV spit's duration.

4. UV range needs a slight buff in 3 and 4v1s

Everything else is more or less fine, or at least not a pressing matter. To be honest, DFA could also use a very small buff, but only dependent on the amount of players in a team, so that it'd be strongest in 1v1s, hardest to land in 4v1s. Otherwise don't bother, we definitely don't want the old DFA nonsense of getting vacuum sucked from 2 meters away while airborne being back, or getting jumped on from a van while helpless in an animation.

fix random missions, when I'm playing with friends on a map when leaving the game the game takes me to another map, this is annoying, how many times have I had to get my things back because the game took me to the bozak.

WHEN I PLAY AS HUNTER (Important note: I am not a veteran player, I've played about 25 hours as Hunter)

• #1 thing I like: overall feeling, speed and radius of tendrils grab, colors of the visual filter, and sound of screaming like a pig while scanning for survivors :D
  • #2 thing I like: telebombers)) Saved me some dangerous moments couple of times after I got ripped.
  • #3 thing I like: newbie survivors' panic when they got spit by Horde summon)) Veteran just go on roof with a flare.
  • #1 thing that bugs me: survivors can dodge tackle even in mid-air, that is not logical at all (how can human jump while falling?)
  • #2 thing that bugs me: when I spit on someone in Old Town, they just hide in water until effect is gone, and I can do nothing about it
  • #3 thing that bugs me: survivor can easily evade pounce by UV at you even if you grab him from behind (if you manage to deal deadly attack from behind, it should definitely be deadly)
  • #4 thing that bugs me: I cannot avoid DFA once its animation started (survivors can avoid tackle and pounce by pressing a single button, so why hunter is unable to dodge by pressing a single button as well?)
  • #5 thing that bugs me: the power of 4 UV lights in 1vs4 matches (even with UV flickering nerf, 4 survivors UV me to no energy in 1.5 seconds, so they always have several UV's up and ready).
  • #6 thing that bugs me: weapon radius. When survivor slices me, visually his sword is 3 meters away from me. Looks like I am not killed with metal of the sword, but with some magic.
  • #7 thing that bugs me: some nests in Slums spawn right near Safe Zone (5 meters away). No matter what spit I apply - survivor just go 5 meters and hide in safe zone.

Overall, gameplay as a Hunter seems completely scattered. When I, newbie hunter, play against newbie survivors - I completely dominate them (10 kills, 0 to 1 death). When play against veterans - they dominate me (dodge every single attack and match ending with 0 to 1 kills and 20 deaths). Would be great to see some balancing depending on player's rank. There could be different ways, like buffing some skills if player's win ratio is below 0.5 and nerfing skills a bit if your win ratio is 2 or more. Or adding several leagues (noob league - can enter only if you rank is low or your w/r ratio is low, normal league, pro league). It's just a general idea, but something needs to be done because playing against veterans who knows every bug and glitch is NOT fun, and playing against people who do not know that UV blocks pounce is not fun as well.

Also, people who play as survivor don't like telebombers. But if devs just remove telebombers without any compensation - horde spit would be useless - survivors will be just traveling on roofs completely safe. While teleporting bombers doesn't seem logic and I am sure doesn't feel fun for survovirs, I'd like this spit to be changed next way: many bombers spawn on ground and many virals spawn on roofs. It will still bring panic and distract survivor's attention even on roofs to fight those virals, but I'm sure it would me more fun than insta-explosion in the face from nowhere :)

Edited by Dark Nero

• WHEN I PLAY AS SURVIVOR 
    • #1 thing I like: Bounties/Events/New Content
    • #1 thing that bugs me: When you get out of the water or are near one of them zombies who explodes your vision gets blurry for a few seconds. I personally could do without that effect though would be happy already if the duration was brought back a little. I think its very annoying.
  • WHEN I PLAY AS HUNTER
    • #1 thing I like: Close to everything.
    • #1 thing that bugs me: few things bother me: 
    • - Most games i joined people left like instantly which i kinda can relate to but nevertheless its a problem.
    • - One game i was playing this girl and she totally whiped the floor with me. Not once, not twice but like dozens of times. Didnt feel like she was cheating but she was way overpowered compared to me. To build some confidence in new players like myself you might wanna seperate experienced players from the new ones for at least a few levels..
    • - If you add a way to report players right after a game we would solve the cheaterproblem in no time. From like 10 games i entered 3 of them were clearly cheating (flying around n stuff lol) and being killed by a cheater simply sucks.
  • OVERALL
    • #1 thing I want: - increased experience/levelcap, more skills and 2 hunters versus 8 humans. Furthermore a system that instead of reporting someone we can honor opponents after a game.
Edited by ZeroFcksGiven
Took out lame reasoning and edited the #1 i want

• WHEN I PLAY AS SURVIVOR
    • #1 thing I like: being able to play with friends. its super cool to be able to partner up and take down a hunter. maybe increase the amount of humans/hunter per lobby?
    • #1 thing that bugs me: there is a rather steep learning curve regarding the skill level. im not gonna lie, im quite honestly a rather horrible human, because i have trouble just keeping up with everything. maybe if we could like mess with the controls on console at rewire the buttons that would help.
  • WHEN I PLAY AS HUNTER
    • #1 thing I like: tendril sprint. im going to make an educated guess and assume that tendril sprint was not meant to be in the game, but it has became such a huge part of my playstyle that it would honestly suck alot if it got removed. please keep it in the game. 
    • #1 thing that bugs me: animation locking. i can deal with the spammers easy enough, but drop kicking and dodge spamming can be quite a tad infuriating. now granted, when you miss a tackle you should get punished, so i'm not terribly upset with that. but dropkick spamming is still an issue
  • OVERALL
    • #1 thing I want: hmm, im not really sure so ill put a couple of things that would be nice/interesting. 
    • a universal mic feature. so you could talk to humans as a hunter. 
    • more then one hunter/4 humans. i feel like this would create a lot more chaos and fun. 
    • POSSIBLY more skills. if you do end up adding a new skill or something of the likes please do extensive testing.

thats really everything. thanks for engaging with the community.

11 hours ago, lemonlover996 said:
  • #1 thing that bugs me: animation locking. i can deal with the spammers easy enough, but drop kicking and dodge spamming can be quite a tad infuriating. now granted, when you miss a tackle you should get punished, so i'm not terribly upset with that. but dropkick spamming is still an issue

There is an instant tackle that can help out with DK chains.