Pete Donnelly

BtZ Feedback Wanted: 03/21/2018

33 posts in this topic

I just want to start by saying I've gone through the forum and read a lot of the feedback you have all posted recently.  I've been playing the game in it's current state and have opinions of my own as well.  We're looking at putting out another tuning patch soon and I want to create this post to gather some input.  

To make this as effective as possible, and to ensure that your opinion is heard, please use this template for all responses in this thread:

• WHEN I PLAY AS SURVIVOR
    • #1 thing I like:
    • #1 thing that bugs me:
  • WHEN I PLAY AS HUNTER
    • #1 thing I like:
    • #1 thing that bugs me:
  • OVERALL
    • #1 thing I want: 

I will be reading other posts so if you want to get into discussions about specific aspects of the game, please create a new topic in the forum.  I will read it. If it is written in an civil and constructive manner, I'll be sure to comment...if it's written in a whiny, hate mongering manner...I'll probably just ignore it.  ;)  And please remember:  Survivors and Hunters need each other... or else there is no game... let's not try to alienate or demonize either side with our critiques.

...and yes, I know telebombers are the worst :( 

Thanks everyone!  

I like 1v1s as both human and Hunter as they are fair, 3v1s and 4v1s need to have to spit recharge reduced, would appreciate if u could bring back the old xbow damage

• #1 thing I like: Auto balance. I'd say the DFA is fine the way it is right now, this was definitely the best change I believe. The damage values to hunter is fine as well. Survivor sense is fine as well.
  • #1 thing that bugs me: Telebombers, however these aren't the worst issue despite being one if it, I will mention the worst thing below. I believe the UV flashlight and spits should be reverted back as it was.
  • WHEN I PLAY AS HUNTER (Important note: I'm not a hunter player. Therefore I will be only giving opinion based on my experience as human, as well as include opinions from the other hunter players.)
    • #1 thing I like:
    • #1 thing that bugs me: Assuming the spits and UV flashlight is reverted. Instant tackle should be brought back however, optimized, give it some sort of limit / cooldown, or something. Survivor sense suppressors need to be multiplied, or create a new spit from using two sense suppressors, which would still remain on human even after death, or something like this. Drop kick chains. Make hunter take around 50% less damage during drop kick animation. I think the double crossbow shouldn't be allowed, one is definitely enough.
  • OVERALL
    • #1 thing I want: Perhaps more ranks? Or some sort of prestige system, for example, give player some medals next to their name or something when they prestige, resulting in their rank being reset but able to enjoy ranking up again. 
    • I don't know what it is, NAT or whatever. We all know that there's thousands of players playing Dying Light, but we only see 2-3 matches? <_< This definitely needs fixing. 
    • Fight cheaters. Well... I mean, we all know this type of people who abuse duplication exploits, use illegitimately modded equipment and etc, then they join others and share their cheated items, there's plenty of these, they ruin their own games, they ruin others games and most importantly the community, which ultimately affects the Be the Zombie. 
    • Fix all the duplication exploits. This is very important. Not only for BtZ, but for the entire community. Well, we all know the people who go on "I only cheat for Singleplayer! I don't play online!" But the next day we see them running in random Co-Op games and sharing their cheated stuff, right? I mean, many Dying Light players should know about this by now, at least most of.
  • ANTI CHEAT IDEA
    • We need some sort of anti cheat system which detects illegitimately modded or cheated items. I came up with this sort of idea to prevent cheaters. For example, if illegitimate item, abnormal damage / health value, traits of trainers, scripts or whatever, for example super jumps, infinite spits and etc. If either is detected, this individual save automatically gets locked from playing in Co-Op or BtZ matches until they willingly get rid of all the illegitimate means or items. 
    • There also should be two new options in Online settings for hosts "Allow cheaters", enabling this will let any cheaters join, this is for people who don't mind cheaters in their games or simply want to cheat together with friends for fun, however any cheater joining will have "Cheater" tag to create awareness who is cheating and who's not, players will also have option "Display cheater tags", which they can disable it if it gets annoying in private matches or whatever. This won't affect honest people who simply want to have fun in their own games or with friends, but it'll protect people who don't want to play with cheaters. The BtZ can be forced only playable with "Allow cheaters" disabled, which can only be disabled if the person is not tagged as cheater. Also everyone tagged as cheater would be unable to disable "Allow cheaters" option.
Edited by BladeMaster

1 hour ago, BladeMaster said:
  • 1º " #1 thing I like:  I'd say the DFA is fine the way it is right now, this was definitely the best change I believe 
  • 2º   "Survivor sense suppressors need to be multiplied, or create a new spit from using two sense suppressors, which would still remain on human even after death, or something like this. "

1º :  DFA: minimum height needs to be lowered, today 8 meters needs to jump from buildings which makes it bad, I think it has to be 5 meters so it will not be possible to do a jump on a bus, but it will not be necessary to jump from tall buildings. It will be good for the human and the hunter being able to leave traps for humans who try DFA.

2º  : Do not mess with it, it will become stressful for humans, if you just want to disable hud, not all people are professionals or use headphones. if you mess with it the hunters will not fight any more, they'll just wait to fill the spits and shoot the 100 meters.

I agree with all the rest that the blademaster said

OVERALL

• #1 thing I want: 

eliminate the patch that makes humans run involuntarily should the hunter scratch it

English is not my language, forgive me for typos and do not ignore me

When I Play as Survivor:

• #1 Thing I Like: I love the balance in 1v1. I also enjoy the DFA height but I would suggest setting different heights based on the amount of players. Something like 1v1: Meters 2v1: Meters 3v1: Meters 4v1: Meters
  • #1 Thing That Bugs Me: The resource regeneration times in 3v1 and 4v1. These need to be reverted back to the old values. 30 Seconds In 4v1 and 40 Seconds in 3v1. Secondly, we need 2 flares in 2v1. You are too reliant on a partner in 2v1 and if they die while you are stuck with a light suppressor spit, the hunter can just wait out the flare and pounce you without a fight. Changing the consumption rate to 0.99 would be fair as humans get 2 flares while having a long cooldown to throw a third flare and the hunter doesn't have to worry about an overabundance of flares. The range of the UV Light needs to also be slightly increased in team games, not a lot but just a little bit.

When I Play as Hunter:

• #1 Thing I Like: Love the damage mapping update in 2v1. You have a higher chance of surviving a missed groundpound now. Also love the removal of autobalance, the spawning times are somewhat slow in 4v1 and should be faster. They even feel slow when the hunter is obliterating a team.
  • #1 Thing That Bugs Me: Again, the spit regeneration times in 4v1 and 3v1. I almost feel as if I am cheating when I am playing a 4v1 now due to the massive amount of spits, especially with telebombers being a thing still. Not many would probably agree with this but a possible fix for this would probably be to allow bombers to climb up the sides of building at about half the speed of the running zombies. The bombers would still spawn on ground level so the survivor can buy time by climbing a building and then juggling the bombers between roofs.

Overall:

• #1 Thing I want: There is not just one thing I want the most, there are multiple things I would want. If I had to choose one though, I'd say nerf the resource regeneration times for Hunters. I'd also like to see other things introduced such as; A BtZ Leaderboard that shows the ELO Ranking, Kills, Deaths, and K/D Ratio of survivors and hunters, A better anticheat or at least some form of reporting system where users can report one another to a developer with proof and then that reported player gets a temp-ban or perma-ban depending on the number of previous offenses.

Other Notes:

1. Make the next tuning update an ACTUAL UPDATE. The PLS Server is not good for PvP updates, at all. Players will just disconnect from their internet and boot the game up in pre-patch mode and then go back online. This wouldn't end the days of cheaters, however it would help a lot with preventing cheating on console as well as helping a little bit with PC.
  2. We appreciate the response from you guys, keep monitoring this forum and talking with us for updates. The promises of 10 in 12 won't keep everyone going since it most likely will not even be completed until Spring of 19'. So, keep the responses and updates coming! 

EDIT: Added to Survivor feedback.

Edited by Renfur

• When i play as Survivor:
  • Thing i like:
  • #1 new damage is so balance, good work
  • Things That Bugs Me: 
  •  #1 To the bug, because of which the effects of a crossbow on a successful hit sold and the hunter could have escaped with 1 hp, was corrected.
  • #2 Remove the possibility of a quick waste of the UV light when pressing the use key repeatedly.
  • #3 Tele-bombers are very terrible, they can significantly affect the outcome of the match or are able at an unnecessary moment to kill the player.
  • #4 At 1v3 and 1.4 add to people flare amount is less to make a 2 drops flares 
  • When i play as Hunter:
  • Thing i like:
  • #1 Spit range The radius of the spittle explosion is really useful.
  • Things That Bugs Me: 
  • #1 a bug with which you can apply multiple claws in a few seconds.
  • #2  Make a delay after ground pound, because at the moment, not upgraded GP and subsequent spitting after him almost always sticks to the Human. Simply put, so that after successful ground pound for a while you can not do a spit (better fix GP-spit glitch).
  • #3 After a successful tackle, the hunter stands for a while and can not be controlled for a while (before there was a glitch for an instant-tackle), a survivor with a small desynchronous can inflict great damage and even a quick ground pound will not help.
  • #4 Fast spit recharge have a very bad balance, you need to reduce recharge time.
  • #5 Tele-bombers is dishonest for a match
  • OVERALL:
  • I want the St. Valentine's crossbow to be fixed. For the VAC protection function to have a more important function. Also make a function that reacts to cheats in a joint game, the player who uses the cheat is automatic kicking from the session until the cheat program is removed. Also make the appearance of the bombers different, i.e. the time of appearance will depend directly on the number of survivors (the number of bombers and the beginning of their appearance),  give a little more first-aid kits and flares at the appearance, after death.

If there have been errors in my report, please do not judge strictly. English is not my native language.

Edited by StabMan

11 hours ago, BladeMaster said:

increase the number of medical kits and flares made by projects, today are only 2 at a time which takes a lot to do. In a pvp match spend easy 30 items

If it is not possible the above option increases the amount gained after a death, something between 3 ~ 6 flares and medic kits

• #1 thing I like: 
    • 1v1 and 2v1 damage is really well balanced. 
    • #1 thing that bugs me:
    • 4v1 and 3v1 spit scaling is atrocious, making the PvP experience tilted entirely in the hunter's favor. 
    • Flares run out too quickly and/or UV spit lasts too long allowing hunter to pounce uncontested.
    • Hunters can rely 100% on spits and do just fine against the average player. Spit explosion time too fast.
  • WHEN I PLAY AS HUNTER
    • #1 thing I like:
    • I love the balance and speed of the hunter. Heart pounding moments are a common occurrence.
    • #1 thing that bugs me: 
    • Too many cheating/modding humans allowed to ruin the PvP scene. 
    • Dropkick stun needs to be fixed so that stun lock cannot happen (3 alternating dropkicks in a row borderline unavoidable).
    • Skill gap has been completely altered in a bad way, in my opinion, due to the spits being buffed.
  • OVERALL
    • #1 thing I want: 
    • More levels/mutations for the hunter. 
    • An anti-cheat system that works well.
    • New PvP progression system.

The best thing about PvP in this game was being able to show off what you know, and learning about new tech to use against people. Maybe you didn't expect it to be such a big hit, but you had a good system, just overall needs a lot of work in its current condition.

• #1 thing I like: Combos
    • #1 thing that bugs me: You'll never see a DFA in a competitive 1v1 ever again.
  • WHEN I PLAY AS HUNTER
    • #1 thing I like: no DFA spamming in groups
    • #1 thing that bugs me: ?
  • OVERALL
    • #1 thing I want: DFA reverted back to normal in 1v1

• #1 thing I like: Double xbow is brought back
    • #1 thing that bugs me: besides telebombers, increase the cd of spits in 1v3 and 1v4 matches, 
  • WHEN I PLAY AS HUNTER
    • #1 thing I like: spit radius and explode speed, easier to hit human without resorting to tricks like unupgraded gp so you could hit human which I see a lot of hunters use, no more dfa camping but actuall play. ( dfa height is good as it is)
    • #1 thing that bugs me: claw hit just before gp sometimes pushes humans too far and causes the hunter to actually miss the gp, not being able to tackle human while sliding.
  • OVERALL
    • #1 thing I want: Since telebombers have not been patched for so long I believe it's gonna be the same even in the next patch, so the next best thing, at least for me, would be to correct the spit recharge in 1v3 and 1v4.

On 21.03.2018 at 9:27 PM, Pete Donnelly said:
    • #1 thing I like: ?
    • #1 thing that bugs me: Hunters cheaters, modders, too much DFA height, burst time spitting or its radius (to choose from)
  • WHEN I PLAY AS HUNTER
    • #1 thing I like: For the hunter I unfortunately played a little, but when I played, there were no special complaints or comments.
    • #1 thing that bugs me: ?
  • OVERALL
    • #1 thing I want:  It is vitally important to do something with cheaters and modders. I do not want to offend anyone or accuse or poke a finger at someone specific, but I'm sure that some "professional players", if I may say so, are not such professionals as they seem. I've played a lot with different hunters and I know how much to strike and what weapon, hunter of any rank and level for death, I know what is the maximum radius of hitting the impact on the ground, I know at what distance the claw blow does not work and many other things, after all I do not play the first day. And that's what was noticed: an increase in the radius of the GP by 2-3 meters, there is simply no need anymore, because almost any tactic becomes useless, it will not work, and even if it does, and I can strike, then by some miracle He takes away not one third of life (in a match 1 on 1) and about 10%. Tackle from the air, understatement of the received damage, accelerated regeneration of spittles of energy and life, increased radius of impact with claws (sometimes just up to a disgrace up to 10 meters) and this is not a complete list of "miracles" that do not directly relate to cheating. When you start to write to a person about this, he assures that he is not cheating, and yes, you can not formally call him a cheater. But you can not call fair play either. I do not play at all for the sake of victories or defeats, if I only wanted to win I would inscribe in the console a command to destroy all the nests at once and the match would end without starting. But no, I'm interested in the process itself, I'm not against losing to a decent, more skilful opponent, I'm always for learning something new, tactics, techniques, features, but not for mods and cheats. Therefore, we need to do something about this, we have to fight it somehow. (Sorry for my english)

On 3/21/2018 at 5:10 PM, BladeMaster said:
  • Drop kick chains. Make hunter take around 50% less damage during drop kick animation. I think the double crossbow shouldn't be allowed, one is definitely enough.

Hunter already gets a damage resistance during animations like evading and pouncing. 

I believe a good solution to the dropkick chains is by enabling the dodge skill in zombie_levels.xml or adding dodge to one of the mobility skills in zombie_skills.xml

It wouldn't entirely get rid of the chains but it would definitely aid in preventing dropkick chains by using the dodge to change your position. Or better yet, enable dodging as a skill and give the hunter the same animation as human when evading a tackle. They use the same bone structure. Dodging backwards would allow you to evade a dropkick this way. 

• #1 thing I like: Damage scaling inv 1v1 2v1 3v1 and 4v1
    • #1 thing that bugs me: Horde spits. Bombers spawning on top of the player, teleporting into them, etc. A fix? Bombers shouldn't be able to spawn anywhere within the survivors mini map range. And the DFA grab reach being reduced. The height is okay, but dfaing a hunter next to soft landings (cars, garbage bags, etc.) is near impossible because the game throws you towards the soft landing even if your not moving towards it.
  • WHEN I PLAY AS HUNTER
    • #1 thing I like:
    • #1 thing that bugs me: The overall spit buffs make playing as the hunter way too easy.
  • OVERALL
    • #1 thing I want: A horde spit nerf.

Hey Pete, just wanted to start off by saying thank you for requesting community feedback in an attempt to improve the PVP. The PVP in this game is incredibly fun and I hope further improvements will attract new players. I've played through every patch of the PVP and, I've got to say that although the PVP isn't perfect by any means as it is now. It definitely has improved in terms of balance over the long run. Being someone who has sank over 1500 hours into the PVP, I hope you find this feedback helpful. 

• #1 thing I like: One thing I like so far is the balancing in 1v1. It's definitely the most balanced match up compared to the rest. I always use to play hunter before the survivor nerf because the survivor was just too easy (in all match ups)! It definitely feels like I'm fighting for my life now (without it being unfair for either side) which makes it incredibly more refreshing to play. 

• #1 thing that bugs me: The new flare system in team games. It's too punishing. If any survivor is separated from the team, it is very difficult to hold your ground. I understand that the hunter is suppose to have an edge over individual separated survivors in team games but, sometimes it's impossible. Why? Well, the current flare system in 2v1, 3v1, and 4v1 only allows for 1 flare to be thrown at a time. After that flare has been thrown, the survivor must wait out the cool down time before throwing another one. The problem is, let's say you're stuck with UV spit in one of these match ups and you are separated from the team (which is very common). What do you do? Throw a flare if you can of course. The problem is, the cool down is too harsh because the hunter can simply wait out the flare without even engaging the survivor and then pounce. The UV'd human can't do anything about it unless another survivor saves his chupacabra in the nick of time. One of two things needs to change in order fix this. Either the human is able to throw another flare before the first one expires or the consumption meter after having thrown the first flare must be set to 99% instead of 100%. That way, the separated human has an opportunity to defend himself without being able to spam flares. 

WHEN I PLAY AS HUNTER

• 1 thing I like: New spit radius/explosion times! YES! Although some might disagree with this, I do believe that this has given the hunter the buff that was so desperately needed pre patch. Coming from a veteran player who has 800/900 hours as the zombie, I can tell you that the increased spit radius/lowered explosion time has definitely made the hunter side more balanced because it makes it so that the survivor still can escape the spit but is more likely to be hit by it which in the end allows the hunter to more easily divide consolidated teams and send individual survivors into panic, therefore reducing the effectiveness of the team. However, the main issue now with the spits (and also UV heals) is the regen times which I discuss below.

• #1 thing that bugs me: Regeneration for spits and UV blocks is too quick in the larger (3v1 4v1) match-ups.  Way too quick. I agree with Renfur that these regen values must be reset to pre patch. The hunter has way too much of an edge over the humans especially if the hunter is mutation 3 and has unlocked the UV heal skill. Currently the regen time in 4v1 is 20 seconds and 30 seconds in 3v1. This means every 20/30 seconds the hunter can regen back to full health. This also means it only takes 40/60 seconds to achieve a spit smash. This is blatantly unfair. I've seen low ranked hunters literally spit smash/UV heal their way to victory in these larger match-ups against very skilled players. This problem is exaggerated also due to the fact that humans only have 1 flare in team matches as I mentioned earlier. 

• #1 thing I want: Re spawn times for team games needs to be slightly decreased. Do not revert it to the way it was before this patch but it simply takes too long to re spawn (and therefore regroup) now. Even if the hunter is beating the survivor team by a considerable amount, it still takes too long to re spawn. If the hunter is very skilled, the hunter can easily pick off individual survivors with the current flare/regen system. The humans need to be able to regroup slightly more quickly. (Oh, and can you pretty please let heavy weapon throws 1 shot the hunter :). I never get to see them anymore because they can't kill besides in 1v1 so no one does it unless you've missed a ground pound.) Also, as Renfur mentioned, please can we have a BTZ leader board? It would make the game so much more competitive. Like, seriously, that would be awesome. That would definitely set in stone who is the best :D. Also, another option for improving the game would be and option in the online settings menu to where you can set a specific rank for a zombie player to join. Say i'm waiting for a hunter, I could set the required rank to join to let's say, widow maker. Then, no one below the rank widow maker would be able to join. This would help the matchmaking tremendously. All of the veteran survivors could then switch to a higher ranking hunter option and all the lower ranked survivors and newbies could set it to whatever level they desire. I'm tired of seeing biters and runners frequently invade the veteran players who don't want to fight them. In 1v1, the survivor can just abort. However, this becomes a hassle in team games where it would require the survivors to create an entirely new lobby (which is a hassle) in order to regroup. (Most people abort the hunter since it's such a hassle) This would definitely just improve the overall quality of the game as you could fine tune what hunters you do and do not want to see. Everyone would be able to stay within their skill rank. (oh yeah and teles too pls but that's pretty obvious)

Woops, sorry, I think that was more than 1 thing my bad. :P

I'm pretty sure these changes would be best for the game. I'm confident that if regen times are reversed back to pre patch (3v1 and 4v1 only), fix flare system, remove telebombers, and decrease re spawn times in team games that this game would be almost perfect in terms of balance.

Thanks again for requesting our community feedback we all really appreciate it.

Edited by Omni

• #1 thing I like: 
  1.  The damage values to hunter, Survivor sense is fine as well
  • #1 thing that bugs me: 
  1. Telebombers
  2. If Hunter don't upgrade GP knockback, claw after GP too OP, human can't do anything and lost 50% HP. (or spit stuck so easy)
  3. Night Hunter Booster cooldown after a long times in 1v1, Hunter was buff spit, i think it need buff.
  • WHEN I PLAY AS HUNTER
    • #1 thing I like: The DFA height, cut scene (animation) times, range spit now. And it don't need change. 
    • #1 thing that bugs me:
  1. The resource regeneration times in 3v1 and 4v1.
  2. UV Heal so much in 3v1 and 4v1.
  3. Instant Heal with humans in normal mode.
  • OVERALL
  • #1 thing I want: 
  • "Night Hunter Booster" need some buff in 1v1 (-7 or 10 second).
  • The resource regeneration times need to be reverted back to the old values.
  • If Hunter don't upgrade "GP Knockback" skills -> have only 50% damage GP and Claw.
  • Set limit for UV heal, if Hunter use 2 times in 1 minutes, they can recovery only 70-80% HP.
  • Remove Instant Heal in normal mode, if they feel it hard, can play in Slums, this map so easy for Humans. And don't lost Flares/ Medkit in Pvp Mode.
Edited by herotina

On 22/03/2018 at 6:53 AM, carrasco estripador said:

they could review banning policies, right now a junk hunter killing me on the other side of the map and I can not even say here what the profile name is that I take banishment. even though I live on you tube.

• #1 thing I like: Drive dynamic and interesting many moments look more than worthy.
    • #1 thing that bugs me: In control on the keyboard there is one bug that has not been fixed since the first versions (~1.4.0) of the game . This is slide when running.
      If the control "sit down" to change the ability to "switch" to "hold", then the character ceases to slide or does it through time!
  • WHEN I PLAY AS HUNTER
    • #1 thing I like: In general, you feel like a real monster, a feeling that you are a venom from a spider-man. Very interesting gaming experience.
    • #1 thing that bugs me: A little twitching animation, but in general this is not a big problem.
  • OVERALL
    • #1 thing I want: I really wanted to fix the moment with the slide of the character. I wrote in on you to mail for a year, but the answer was one:
      <<Dear newboy33 (so I signed up at the post office),
      Your report is the only report we have ever received on such an issue. As a result, our teams have not been able to compile appropriate feedback to test the issue and produce a patch specifically addressing it. Best Regards Techland Support>>
      Or:
      <<Dear newboy33,
      all of your messages have been forwarded to our dev team. Best Regards Techland Support>>
      Apparently only here my words will be heard! Please correct this bug, I'm already tired of writing to the support team ... I want to play on the keyboard without such bugs. I like the option of "holding" squats. And I think everyone will be happy if such bugs become smaller and your game approaches the ideal.

Thank you for taking the time.

Put a time also for inactive hunters, most annoying thing a hunter will come and not fight, if humans are punished for being in the water / safe zone / inactive, why are inactive hunters also not punished?

• #1 thing I like: Kinda balanced
    • #1 thing that bugs me: DK is easy to land and therefore chains, telebombers, backslide exploits and slides.
  • WHEN I PLAY AS HUNTER
    • #1 thing I like: Balanced in all modes
    • #1 thing that bugs me: pretty much nothing DO NOT change anything
  • OVERALL
    • #1 thing I want: At least 1 more mutation level for 1 or 2 more extra skills (because there's no point to accually level the hunter past 50), DO not change anything besides what i mentioned for Survivor.
    • Some new PVP mode would be good for BTZ too...except being a daddy to hatching volatiles 

• #1 thing I like: Actually achieving a DFA
    • #1 thing that bugs me: Telebombers, why...? just why?
  • WHEN I PLAY AS HUNTER
    • #1 thing I like: Actually invading a game filled with survivors, not a Pact With Rais Game with 1 person in it
    • #1 thing that bugs me: Cheaters with infinite uv lights and gold flares
  • OVERALL
    • #1 thing I want: More mutations for hunters! more titles for Hunter/Survivors, like "Marauder" "Clawer" Something like that. 
    • A level balancing system, so high level hunters don't attack low progress games, like an Undisputable Apex Predator attacking a Airdop 3% Game

• WHEN I PLAY AS SURVIVOR
    • #1 thing I like:
    • #1 thing that bugs me:

Admittedly, I haven't played as survivor in PvP yet, but I'll get to that later in the 'OVERALL' section.

• WHEN I PLAY AS HUNTER
    • #1 thing I like: The changes to DFA means I'm getting jumped on a lot less often, which is really nice when dealing with coordinated full groups of survivors.
    • #1 thing that bugs me: Survivors who choose to play safely can simply stand on top of light poles and roofs that are difficult for the NPCs to navigate.  Ground pounds are extremely risky to land on someone's head, tackles are out of the question, and outside of directly sticking one with a UV suppressor, there's nothing that will even put them in the position to be vulnerable to pounces or suicide zombies.  Combine that with the utter lack of a time limit pressure to attack and it can be a boring, lengthy match where the survivors just stand around on light poles and refuse to budge until the Hunter makes a mistake and they kill them.
  • OVERALL
    • #1 thing I want: A single difficulty for BtZ mode!  Many people prefer to play survivor on Nightmare difficulty for its extra challenge, but whenever a Night Hunter enters the match that same grave difficulty persists.  Extremely slow heals, extremely deadly regular zombies -- who wants to deal with that?  As a result, the only times that it seems people turn on the option of being invaded is when it's Normal difficulty, and in that situation the survivors have the benefit of lower cooldowns on UV flares, instant heals through bandaging, and the zombies defending the hives are trivially difficult.  What we really need is some standard ruleset that determines how much players can heal themselves for, what their cooldowns are, and how much damage can be dealt to non-Hunter zombies.

Overall, 'normal' difficulty feels like it sways the game's favor really heavily towards the survivors.  'Nightmare' difficulty makes trying to deal with regular zombies while the Hunter can dash in and get a swipe or two to whittle away Survivor health entirely too much in the Hunter's favor.

I think that if we had a standard ruleset for difficulty, it would encourage more people who want to play on Nightmare in PvE to go ahead and toggle on BtZ mode without being severely hobbled.  More people playing means more opportunity for fun!

• #1 thing I like: I love the tension of the fight.  The way that night times are actually dark really boost the atmosphere of the match as a survivor. It feels great killing the hunter.
    • #1 thing that bugs me: No hunters invade me when I want them to.
  • WHEN I PLAY AS HUNTER
    • #1 thing I like: Again, the atmosphere.  You feel powerful but still vulnerable. 
    • #1 thing that bugs me: Survivors who stand on top of light poles or stay underwater. There's no way to punish this behavior (that I know of) aside from just farming exp with spits.
  • OVERALL
    • #1 thing I want: I'd love a unified difficulty setting when invaded.  If I'm playing on Nightmare I'm doing it for PVE.  I absolutely do not want to play on Nightmare for PVE. Weapon damage is already normalized so this should be a no brainer.  If you wanted to incentivize higher difficulty then it should be a separate option that you opt into when you set your invasion preferences. (If I could put a #2 thing, I'd want invasions to be mandatory but with more rules i.e. Dark Souls invasions with covenants, soapstones, etc

BTZ is one of the best things about DL, which is already a great game.  I'm really encouraged that you're still supporting this game so many years down the road.

Edited by muffalopadus