James Gallagher

New Video: Fuel Management

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Here's the first in a new series of videos we are working on, taking you a little deeper on some of the mechanics in Pure Farming 2018.

Time management is very important in our game. Many tasks can be completed instantly via your tablet, but it usually costs more than firing up a machine and doing the job yourself.

This applies to fuel management -- keeping your machines topped up with regular visits to the gas station will save you money vs. refueling using your tablet.

Let us know what you think and look out for more videos coming soon. 

fabulous I am very impatient to see more content, for example see the function of mod as it will be, see the form of the missions, different details more machinery that will be added not very impressive until the moment open and wait to see how it is optimized in console:D

Regarding the fuel management: Being able to buy fuel directly from your tablet seems a bit silly, even if it's more expensive. It really breaks immersion and once you're loaded you'll never have a reason to drive over to town. I'd rather have an option to drive off and fill some jerrycans instead. The loss of time is a far better lesson than spending a bit more money on fuel and doesn't break immersion. In all honesty the current mechanic seems a bit.. lazy.

6 hours ago, Enka said:

Regarding the fuel management: Being able to buy fuel directly from your tablet seems a bit silly, even if it's more expensive. It really breaks immersion and once you're loaded you'll never have a reason to drive over to town. I'd rather have an option to drive off and fill some jerrycans instead. The loss of time is a far better lesson than spending a bit more money on fuel and doesn't break immersion. In all honesty the current mechanic seems a bit.. lazy.

I disagree to a point and here is my thinking- Let's assume that the fuel you order on your tablet is the same as calling a Tow Truck or Triple AAA (Or whatever the local farmers use in the regions depicted)- this would have someone come out to refuel you and hence the "More cost" reason. It would be great to see a small fuel truck come by and fuel you up- but even if not you can still role play this is what is going on. A big part of most simulator games is role play- you are assuming the role of something or someone. You can easily carry this further and "Role play" said refueling. JMO

I disagree.

1. As far as I can see whatever you described about Triple A isn't happening. It's simply magically buying more fuel through your tablet, seemingly instant.

2. If everything can be roleplayed why buy the game, I'll just picture it all in my head. I think there's not alot of management going on if all you need to do is bring up your tablet and buy fuel at a higher cost. Trust me my imagination is good, but that's a bit too much. I've played plenty of simulators and I can distinguish what I need to roleplay and what would actually break immersion. I think the penalty for forgetting to fuel up should be a little more than that. If I was a real farmer and I forgot to tank up what would I do? Go to the gasstation with some jerry cans and fill them up, cursing myself on the way over and back for the lost time. I think saying "just roleplay it" is too easy. Add a little depth to the whole mechanic if you're gonna put it in. Make it feel like fueling on time matters and is a bigger part in the routine than "Oops I forgot to fuel up, better alert the magical Triple A to instantly fill my tank up".