Official guide is wrong?

4 posts in this topic

I started playing Dying Light in December 2016. I have several hundred hours between the main game and The Following. I’ve recently decided to collect all of the statues, racing trophies, and flags. I know there’s no achievement for it, but I still want them all. I’ve used several online guides, videos, and even the official Dying Light guide book. I’m missing one Zombie Statue in the main campaign, and then one Racing Trophy, and 1 flag in The Following. I’ve collected everything else. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the game on my Xbox One X. I’ve contacted Techland and let them know that their own official guide by Prima is loaded with mistakes. Certain things are different in my game than what I’ve seen in online guides and videos. For example, the Zombie Statue on the Infamy Bridge that’s in the trunk of a car. In all guides and videos, the trunk is wide open. On my game, it’s barely open at all. There are many other things like this. Has the game changed since it was released? Have things been added or removed? How can it all be so wrong?

You have answered your own question.

Games been Updated with Patches, bug fixes, a Season Pass, and DLC that have changed some things, especially since the Following Edition was released.

You might find a guide for "The Following Enhanced Edition", which is the Full package, but most media site guides, will have been made for original game, and never updated.

The Prima "Official Guide" does mention this;

Free Mobile-Friendly eGuide. Unlock the enhanced eGuide for access to updated content, all optimized for a second-screen experience.

I've never used an official guide, so have no knowledge of the quality of their updates.

I rely on the community for guidance, with Wiki's being a great source for the gamescontent.

PC Gaming Wiki is a reliable source for the basics of getting any game up and running, and a great source for any must have fixes.

Dying Light - PCGamingWiki PCGW - bugs, fixes, crashes, mods, guides and improvements for every PC game

Next we have the playing guide wiki's, which rely on users updating them, so can be hit, and miss, especially when the game/DLC/Expansion's only just been released.

Wikipedia isn't the right site for such details, as it's a general encyclopedia, and the Wikia sites become the main first choice, but not always the best, and some indie wiki's have better info for certain games.

Dying Light Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Beyond that specific questions can be asked on forums/Reddit etc, and goto Nexus Mods, for modding the game.

Hope that helps, I'd usually trust the Wiki's over any official guide once the original contents been changed, but it's all made by users.

So not perfect, as few players actually help update the Wiki's, maybe 1 in 10,000 at best.

Thank you for your response. I’m actually using the E-guide and it’s very wrong. I’ve contacted Techland and Prima about it. I’m kind of surprised that they’d change the location of collectibles. I’m not sure which ones I’m missing, as they aren’t labeled, numbered, etc. I’ve gone through The Following at least five times using an online guide and I’m still missing one. Also, I’m on Xbox One. 

By sheer luck, I ran into the last zombie statue today. Now I just need 1 racing trophy and 1 flag from The Following. I can only find one racing trophy guide online and I’ve gone through it five times. There’s 50 in the guide I’m using, but still shows 49/50. I’m guessing one was moved since the guide was done.