James Gallagher

Be The Zombie Balancing Update - 12/1/2018

1 hour ago, DyingLight1885 said:

Decreased*

No, spit regen times need to be increased.

Also, a tip for anyone that reads: use Shields, they're so good now that you can't do one dodge and easily avoid a spit. Especially useful in team games.

Edited by Vallon

havent really checked up on fanbase for a while, and i know that i heavily defended night hunter and liked the buffs, there are basically no good ultimate survs on ps4 now. i only played surv right after the patch, so spits werent heavily abused, but when i played surv it was near impossible to play. update was definitely a good step but now it feels like the human community is dead. 

3 hours ago, Vallon said:

No, spit regen times need to be increased.

Also, a tip for anyone that reads: use Shields, they're so good now that you can't do one dodge and easily avoid a spit. Especially useful in team games.

I would LOVE to play your Hunter. Are you PS4? I want to see all the lack of skill that you're hiding behind all these spits. 

1 hour ago, lemonlover996 said:

havent really checked up on fanbase for a while, and i know that i heavily defended night hunter and liked the buffs, there are basically no good ultimate survs on ps4 now. i only played surv right after the patch, so spits werent heavily abused, but when i played surv it was near impossible to play. update was definitely a good step but now it feels like the human community is dead. 

The Survivor community is dying because the game is unbalanced now. The Devs can't severely nerf UV light while keeping Survivors covered in spit the entire match and expect Survivors to actually play this game.

3 hours ago, DLB KillaKushman said:

Spits need to regen slower in 3v1 and 4v1.

UV light range needs to be increased a little.

Spit explosion radius needs to be decreased a little.

UV heal needs to be disabled when hunters miss a Ground Pound.

Gotta love that UV heal exploit! 

1 hour ago, DLB HennehBee said:

I would LOVE to play your Hunter. Are you PS4? I want to see all the lack of skill that you're hiding behind all these spits. 

The Survivor community is dying because the game is unbalanced now. The Devs can't severely nerf UV light while keeping Survivors covered in spit the entire match and expect Survivors to actually play this game.

Gotta love that UV heal exploit! 

I dont mind the uv light having a less range but yes the hunter shouldnt be able to have so many spits literally every hunter i get invaded by spits a horde and runs off they dont even try to ground pound or use any other skill. Yes before it was a bit more over powering on the survivors side especially having 2v1 or 3v1 4v1 but im pretty sure it was just noobs that dont try to learn to play hunter right.

Edited by DyingLight1885

16 minutes ago, DyingLight1885 said:

I dont mind the uv light having a less range but yes the hunter shouldnt be able to have so many spits literally every hunter i get invaded by spits a horde and runs off they dont even try to ground pound or use any other skill. Yes before it was a bit more over powering on the survivors side especially having 2v1 or 3v1 4v1 but im pretty sure it was just noobs that dont try to learn to play hunter right.

I agree man. The Hunter community was starting to die out and I'm glad they made changes. I just can't believe they made THIS many all at once. Also I don't know why all my previous replies to others are showing up here under your reply. I hope I didn't hit a wrong button. 

6 hours ago, DyingLight1885 said:

Yes before it was a bit more over powering on the survivors side especially having 2v1 or 3v1 4v1 but im pretty sure it was just noobs that dont try to learn to play hunter right.

Imagine being ignorant and glib enough to say the best players in this game who play both sides and were all in agreement the Hunter was way too weak against teams, are just noobs that don't try to learn playing the Hunter. Imagine also being some random generic-playstyle nobody while saying it.

This thread is for feedback, I know, but stupidity like this quote is just blood boiling.

8 hours ago, DLB HennehBee said:

I would be on PS4 if I lacked skill, but I am not.

8 hours ago, DLB HennehBee said:

Decreased*

Spit regen times need to be increased. This is what you and everyone else in the thread wants.

Edited by Vallon

10 hours ago, Vallon said:

Imagine being ignorant and glib enough to say the best players in this game who play both sides and were all in agreement the Hunter was way too weak against teams, are just noobs that don't try to learn playing the Hunter. Imagine also being some random generic-playstyle nobody while saying it.

This thread is for feedback, I know, but stupidity like this quote is just blood boiling.

I would be on PS4 if I lacked skill, but I am not.

Spit regen times need to be increased. This is what you and everyone else in the thread wants.

I apologize and you are correct they need to be increased. My mind associated the desire for less spits with the word decrease without taking into consideration that what was being talked about was the regen time. Because I assumed you were advocating for more spits I also assumed you were ignorant to skill in the game. I have no clue who you are or your level of skill though. You're right this thread is for feedback. I'm just very frustrated with this patch right now. 

I think the public has spoke when you try to quick join on xbox one as a hunter 9 out of 10 drop out. But now as the human you have alot of apexs starting over and enjoying beating people. I have done the same and it has just made it was to easy for me to just sit back and spit instead of having to go in and earn a kill. I keep checking back from time to time hoping to see this horrible so called updated is fixed. 

I'm a Survivor player, and I must say. This night hunter update put me off IMMENSELY. My preferred play style was with fists, which is now impossible even in a 1v1 situation. Some balancing suggestions I have are: 

Spits: -change blast radius back to what it was. The explosion time on top of the effect duration increase is more than sufficient.

-Zombie hordes should not spawn within the radius of the survivors map to avoid being killed (literally) the instant you're hit with the horde summoning spit.

- The amount of zombie hordes that spawn should be reduced. Relentless wave after wave is insane, especially against a hunter who harasses you, not giving you a chance to stay on, or even get up to a building.

- Recharge rate of the spits should be toned down a little bit.

- Being hit with a UV suppress spit should slightly decrease the cooldown of flares, as the night hunter can either just spit toxins on your flare, or groundpound your flare, leaving you completely open with nothing to do. 

- Being in an animation (drop kick, hunter tackle, hunter pounce, drop attack, etc.) should either stop survivor from taking damage completely or SIGNIFICANTLY reduce the damage amount and also permit the survivor from dying from outside sources (zombie horde explosion, walkers/virals, explosive barrels, etc.) just the same as the night hunter gets from the same animations, plus a successful pounce.

Hunter Abilities: - Hunter claw hit radius and hit distance should be significantly reduced, considering it also stuns the survivor and stops the survivor from performing actions

- Tackle should be able to be avoided from the sides, along with the front, but not from the back of a survivor. This is to stop the exploit of hunters running into you to have their tackle hit you from the side, making it impossible to dodge. 

- Tackle should have to have a running start of maybe 1 or 1.5 seconds, or a certain amount of distance to pass before being able to activate. This takes away the exploit of hunters using tendrils on the ground to land behind you and tackle you instantly after touching a surface. (Same could be done for survivor drop kick)

- Tendril speed should be very slightly reduced

- Hunter pounce should have a longer time to be interrupted, the further a hunter is away from the target

- UV heal should need 2 UV blocks to activate and UV block should have a longer recharge rate and have a longer cast time

Misc.: - Drop attack height should be reduced. Not so you can jump off a bus, but not so you basically have to jump off a building. 

- Being hit by a hunter spit, claw, or viral should not cancel your actions being performed (healing, throwing items, etc.) this makes it fair for survivors to be able to throw a flare if stuck with a spit, so hunter can't instantly pounce you after hitting you with a spit then using UV heal

These changes I would strongly suggest to balance the game. I understand the changes initially made were intendid to help with newer hunters, but now, as an Ultimate Survivor, I've been losing to ranks of Walker, and can barely even kill an apex predator or get to one nest before losing 4 lives. And no, it's not due to "lack of skill", I just get put into situations where I have no defense. Being stun locked by tackle/ground pound, being exploited, being killed instantly by a bomber that spawns inside of my body, or crawls out from under a car I'm standing beside/being stun locked to where I can't even throw a firecracker, or walk 2 steps to get away. Long term hunters can DECIMATE long term survivors like it's nothing. I truly hope you guys at tech land seriously take into consideration at least some of these suggestions I've made, if not most. 

So originally when this update came out i thought it was completely bogus and thought it was not needed. Now after playing both hunter and human equally ive learned how wrong i was. First off i love the 2v1 buff because animation abuse was a huge deal in 2v1s ie. you get dropkicked into a power slice/rain. Also in 4v1s and 3v1s there is no more dfa abuse(same for 2v1s 1v1s). Im enjoying human more than i ever had due to the fact of a challenge. What this update did is make it to where only good survivors are left. 1v1s are pretty much the easiest for human imo and i love it. Im big on 1v1s so this update is ushering a new age of humans that are amazing in 1v1s due to the fact they adapted to the update and not whine about it. Also due to the removal/nerf of auto balance people that do not deserve the win won't get it, j can't say enough how much I've hated autobalance, I would semi flawlessing a hunter the autobalance kicks in and they win, or when my hunter kills a human 6 lives on the first nest then the human can make a comeback because of autobalanc. All in all it means no more victories are being handed for kids that can't win without autobalance

Edited by kx-ll-Legion
Further things to say

11 hours ago, Survivor said:

I'm a Survivor player, and I must say. This night hunter update put me off IMMENSELY. My preferred play style was with fists, which is now impossible even in a 1v1 situation. Some balancing suggestions I have are: 

Spits: -change blast radius back to what it was. The explosion time on top of the effect duration increase is more than sufficient.

-Zombie hordes should not spawn within the radius of the survivors map to avoid being killed (literally) the instant you're hit with the horde summoning spit.

- The amount of zombie hordes that spawn should be reduced. Relentless wave after wave is insane, especially against a hunter who harasses you, not giving you a chance to stay on, or even get up to a building.

- Being hit with a UV suppress spit should slightly decrease the cooldown of flares, as the night hunter can either just spit toxins on your flare, or groundpound your flare, leaving you completely open with nothing to do. 

- Being in an animation (drop kick, hunter tackle, hunter pounce, drop attack, etc.) should either stop survivor from taking damage completely or SIGNIFICANTLY reduce the damage amount and also permit the survivor from dying from outside sources (zombie horde explosion, walkers/virals, explosive barrels, etc.) just the same as the night hunter gets from the same animations, plus a successful pounce.

Hunter Abilities: - Hunter claw hit radius and hit distance should be significantly reduced, considering it also stuns the survivor and stops the survivor from performing actions

- Tackle should be able to be avoided from the sides, along with the front, but not from the back of a survivor. This is to stop the exploit of hunters running into you to have their tackle hit you from the side, making it impossible to dodge. 

- Tackle should have to have a running start of maybe 1 or 1.5 seconds, or a certain amount of distance to pass before being able to activate. This takes away the exploit of hunters using tendrils on the ground to land behind you and tackle you instantly after touching a surface. (Same could be done for survivor drop kick)

- Hunter pounce should have a longer time to be interrupted, the further a hunter is away from the target

- UV heal should need 2 UV blocks to activate and UV block should have a longer recharge rate and have a longer cast time

Misc.: - Drop attack height should be reduced. Not so you can jump off a bus, but not so you basically have to jump off a building. 

- Being hit by a hunter spit, claw, or viral should not cancel your actions being performed (healing, throwing items, etc.) this makes it fair for survivors to be able to throw a flare if stuck with a spit, so hunter can't instantly pounce you after hitting you with a spit then using UV heal

These changes I would strongly suggest to balance the game. I understand the changes initially made were intendid to help with newer hunters, but now, as an Ultimate Survivor, I've been losing to ranks of Walker, and can barely even kill an apex predator or get to one nest before losing 4 lives. And no, it's not due to "lack of skill", I just get put into situations where I have no defense. Being stun locked by tackle/ground pound, being exploited, being killed instantly by a bomber that spawns inside of my body, or crawls out from under a car I'm standing beside/being stun locked to where I can't even throw a firecracker, or walk 2 steps to get away. Long term hunters can DECIMATE long term survivors like it's nothing. I truly hope you guys at tech land seriously take into consideration at least some of these suggestions I've made, if not most. 

These suggestions are, to put it mildly, absolute nonsense. Someone talked about Hunters lacking skill earlier, imagine writing something like this and believing it will balance the game, doesn't make you seem especially experienced or unbiased.

Stop playing with fists only, as if the game, its developers and its community is forced to pander to your gimping, and start getting better. Game is totally fine in 1v1s and 2v1s, and once they tone down the spits with maybe a few more minor tweaks, 3v1s and 4v1s will be fine as well.

can't you guys reduce the Height requirement for drop attacks to Night hunters? the chances of pulling that move during invasions is slim to none as the Night hunters are never near the requirement. and the spits are really game-breaking. 40-50 spits per minute is really unfair. you could cover the whole area with that many spit and reducing the survivors chances

On 2018-02-12 at 9:39 AM, Vallon said:

These suggestions are, to put it mildly, absolute nonsense. Someone talked about Hunters lacking skill earlier, imagine writing something like this and believing it will balance the game, doesn't make you seem especially experienced or unbiased.

Stop playing with fists only, as if the game, its developers and its community is forced to pander to your gimping, and start getting better. Game is totally fine in 1v1s and 2v1s, and once they tone down the spits with maybe a few more minor tweaks, 3v1s and 4v1s will be fine as well.

To put it bluntly, yes, I am biased. Have I played the hunter before the update? Yes. The only time I've lost as a hunter was in 3v1's, however you can see now I am talking about 1v1's. if you read my post without your clouded judgement, you would see that I didn't say to implement all of these. They are merely suggestions that I fed to the developers, as this thread is meant to be. All I've seen you post is "get good" and "If I was a bad player, I'd play on PS4. I'm the best". Let me guess, you're a hunter player? My suggestions is that you're banned from this thread for being one of those internet thread trolls. To reply to your concern, why should I have to completely change my playstyle to even have a mild chance at surviving due to the update? Have you ever played as a human against an apex predator spamming exploit after exploit? I don't know I single widowmaker and above who hasn't relied on exploits to win the game on top of their BOOSTED spits. How is it that the duration of a uv suppress spit is basically the same amount of time that it takes for the hunter to gain another UV suppress spit? How am I meant to use a shield when the hunter uses uv block, spits uv suppress (that I'm supposed to block with my shield) and flash them with a light at the same time to ask defend against their pounce? Impossible. How am I meant to defend against a ground pound while in my flare, when a hunter is able to charge up his ground pound WHILE using tendrils, fly to me at blinding speeds, and ground pound before I even have a chance to react? Please, before posting, try fighting on both sides rather than gaining a hard on for the boosted night hunter update, like only the hunter players have

On 2/11/2018 at 9:40 PM, Survivor said:

Some of these are not a bad idea, and some are completely unnecessary. Some of these changes do need to be made because playing as the human is way too hard, and is a huge turn off for new players to give the human side of BTZ a try, drastically lowering the number of humans to invade. Tons of these new players then decide to go give the zombie side a try, drastically increasing the numbers of hunters and making it a battle for who can invade first due to the lack of humans to invade.  Most players with a fair bit of skill have stopped playing as the hunter because it was too easy and doesn't require any skill to secure a victory, transitioned to playing as a human, found out it was too hard to win as human, and gave up on the game entirely because it required too much effort to play and they couldn't play for fun and enjoy BTZ for what it was anymore, thus decreasing the overall players playing dying light.

-Hordes definitely should NOT spawn in the humans mini-map radius. This definitely needs to change.

-The amount of hordes that spawn in isnt very bothersome. Stay calm and collected, keep the hunter at bay and you should be fine to get up to high ground before the hordes can reach you.

-The recharge rate of spits, mainly for 4v1 and 3v1 do need to change.

-Yes, i agree 100% that you should not take full damage while in an animation. So many times i would get a fair dropkick on the hunter in hopes to put distance between us so i can get away, only to be hit by a bomber and pretty much ruin the plan completely.

-Claw distance should be reduced a tad bit, and maybe remove the stagger and reduce the knock back. The claw attack is supposed to be intended for finishing off humans at low hp, not full on boxing them.

-Tackles from the side and behind aren't that big of a problem. Playing on high sensitivity does counter this, so give it a try.

-Tackles already require a running start to be able to be performed. Making the humans need a running start to perform a dropkick however would make the drop kick attack useless, as it could easily be countered by the hunter by tackling the human while getting the running start.

-Tendril speed should not be changed at all. It does take practice and a bit of skill to get tendril sprinting 100% down.

-Hunter pounce is fine where it is. Again, playing with high sensitivity can easily counter it.

-UV heal needing 2 UV blocks isn't too bad of an idea. It would definitely reduce the amount of hunters cheesing the uv suppressor uv heal strategy, which is atm a little op thanks to the spit/uv block regen times.

-Drop attack height isn't what needs to be changed. They need to bring back the grab distance. All the hunter has to do is take a step forward and they can get away from a DFA. and if you read my previous post, auto coursing will also mess you up because you have to be on top of the hunter (dead center) to perform a DFA.

Edited by Soulborn141

23 hours ago, Survivor said:

To put it bluntly, yes, I am biased. Have I played the hunter before the update? Yes. The only time I've lost as a hunter was in 3v1's, however you can see now I am talking about 1v1's. if you read my post without your clouded judgement, you would see that I didn't say to implement all of these. They are merely suggestions that I fed to the developers, as this thread is meant to be.

1. ''Yes, I am biased'' - and that's why people like you should not be giving suggestions. You're advocating for the side you play, all the while disregarding what players who enjoy the other, or both, might want. Doesn't, and shouldn't work that way.

2. You losing ''only in 3v1s'' just means you're been up against bad players, not that the Hunter was stronger, especially pre-update, when he was the weakest he was without counting DL at launch.

3. Your suggestions are nothing but countless Survivor buffs, which are not needed in 1v1s and 2v1s, and will not be needed once they finally nerf the amount of spits in 3v1 and 4v1s.

Why should I have to completely change my playstyle to even have a mild chance at surviving due to the update?

This is a joke, right? Unless I'm reading something wrong, you're asking why you should stop playing fists only, basically not use most of the Survivor's offense all the while wanting to survive/win, so you'd instead rather the game return to where you can beat Hunters with fists just because you find it more fun?

There are plenty of Hunters that can be beaten with unarmed combat only post-update anyway, so again, the problem is on your end. Now, beating experienced players who know what they're doing and are using most of the Hunter's potential? You can forget about doing that without putting in an equal amount of effort, a.k.a the way a PvP should work.

The day developers start listening to that one guy that likes playing with fists and balance games around him is the day multiplayer games will die. Nobody cares, start using those melee and ranged weapons or don't complain when you lose to players that don't feel like gimping themselves like you.

I don't know I single widowmaker and above who hasn't relied on exploits to win the game on top of their BOOSTED spits.

I'm very interested to know what exploits you're even talking about. The only exploit the Hunter still has is Ghost Claw. There's also instant-Tackle, but that's a glitch, and I don't really see Apex Predators use it much, let alone lower-ranked players.

Everything else is intended, so...

How is it that the duration of a uv suppress spit is basically the same amount of time that it takes for the hunter to gain another UV suppress spit?

Don't use pointless hyperboles. In 1v1's, UV Suppressor lasts 25 seconds, Hunter takes 60 seconds to regenerate a spit when there is no autobalance (both players are even). This goes for 2v1's as well, the regen is longer than the UV Suppressor's duration.

If this was meant for 3 and 4v1s, literally everyone in this thread already agreed spit regen is way too fast, so you're beating a dead horse.

How am I meant to use a shield when the hunter uses uv block, spits uv suppress (that I'm supposed to block with my shield) and flash them with a light at the same time to ask defend against their pounce? Impossible.

If the Hunter has full energy, a UV Suppressor and a UV block, Shield is never a good idea. You either commit to shining him with UV, hoping he does the Pounce early, so he can fail and you can do a reverse flare, or you can bet on him trying to Pounce as the spit explodes (most good Hunters do exactly that), in which case you have to throw a flare while performing a jump or dodge.

This is assuming you can't just dodge out of the spit's radius, by the way.

How am I meant to defend against a ground pound while in my flare, when a hunter is able to charge up his ground pound WHILE using tendrils, fly to me at blinding speeds, and ground pound before I even have a chance to react?

You don't react to Ground Pounds, you anticipate them. This is basic stuff. When the Hunter flies off and Howls, a GP is most likely coming. When you see him tendril directly on your flare for no reason, a Tendril GP is coming. The most he can do is fake outs, converting a GP to Tackle, but that's on you to decide, and even if you get hit by that Tackle, not only can half its damage be negated by an active medkit, but the Hunter is also restrained in the flare for the animation, taking off around half his energy, resetting the fight when you drop another flare.

This is what a UV Suppressed Survivor vs a Hunter that's looking to destroy his flare has always been like - mind games, seeing who can guess their opponent better, which one will be outwitted. You're complaining about stuff that has been in the game since day 1.

Please, before posting, try fighting on both sides rather than gaining a hard on for the boosted night hunter update, like only the hunter players have

There is no way I can say this without sounding arrogant, but oh well: I've beaten every top Hunter there is on PC, the platform where by far the best DL players are, at least once in a 1v1, everyone except for Visceral, who left the game before I had the chance to play a single 1v1 against him. I have more hours on my Survivor than on my Hunter, I've almost always found Survivor *slightly* more fun to play, especially now, and I won a PC tournament as Survivor, undefeated in all my matches with him.

So you, a random console player most likely, coming here and assuming me being a Hunter-only player plus advising me to play both sides is kinda... ehh. It's also kinda funny how you seem to think I like boasting, even though that's not what my replies are in nature and it's always someone else that says something like: ''You only play Hunter'', ''You have no skill without spits'', ''I'm pretty sure players who wanted this patch were just noobs who can't play right''. So, I have to disprove that, not because my skill or anything irrelevant like that is questioned, but because my credibility and neutral stance is.

I don't advocate for either side unless they need it. All I want is for both sides to be as equal as possible. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Vallon

The Night Hunter was in serious need of Buffing given the advantages that Humans had over Him.  More balancing changes will be made again when the Devs have collected enough Data. Balancing Asymmetric Multiplayer of this type is no easy task so please be patient. 

The Devs are of course reading the Forums but they will not simply act on a whim and implement changes that could potentially create further imbalance. 

16 hours ago, Chaos_Deception said:

The Night Hunter was in serious need of Buffing given the advantages that Humans had over Him.  More balancing changes will be made again when the Devs have collected enough Data. Balancing Asymmetric Multiplayer of this type is no easy task so please be patient. 

The Devs are of course reading the Forums but they will not simply act on a whim and implement changes that could potentially create further imbalance. 

Thanks I hope they do soon. I have stopped playing due to it not being fun anymore.

On 2/14/2018 at 7:29 PM, Chaos_Deception said:

We are well aware of this and encourage them to take their time so we can have the best results. We hope they are at least taking our thoughts and ideas into consideration, good and bad and can meet halfway to please everyone. Until then we will try to learn new strategies to fend off the night hunter and his new buffs.

On 2018-02-13 at 11:31 PM, Soulborn141 said:

Some of these are not a bad idea, and some are completely unnecessary. Some of these changes do need to be made because playing as the human is way too hard, and is a huge turn off for new players to give the human side of BTZ a try, drastically lowering the number of humans to invade. Tons of these new players then decide to go give the zombie side a try, drastically increasing the numbers of hunters and making it a battle for who can invade first due to the lack of humans to invade.  Most players with a fair bit of skill have stopped playing as the hunter because it was too easy and doesn't require any skill to secure a victory, transitioned to playing as a human, found out it was too hard to win as human, and gave up on the game entirely because it required too much effort to play and they couldn't play for fun and enjoy BTZ for what it was anymore, thus decreasing the overall players playing dying light.

-Hordes definitely should NOT spawn in the humans mini-map radius. This definitely needs to change.

-The amount of hordes that spawn in isnt very bothersome. Stay calm and collected, keep the hunter at bay and you should be fine to get up to high ground before the hordes can reach you.

-The recharge rate of spits, mainly for 4v1 and 3v1 do need to change.

-Yes, i agree 100% that you should not take full damage while in an animation. So many times i would get a fair dropkick on the hunter in hopes to put distance between us so i can get away, only to be hit by a bomber and pretty much ruin the plan completely.

-Claw distance should be reduced a tad bit, and maybe remove the stagger and reduce the knock back. The claw attack is supposed to be intended for finishing off humans at low hp, not full on boxing them.

-Tackles from the side and behind aren't that big of a problem. Playing on high sensitivity does counter this, so give it a try.

-Tackles already require a running start to be able to be performed. Making the humans need a running start to perform a dropkick however would make the drop kick attack useless, as it could easily be countered by the hunter by tackling the human while getting the running start.

-Tendril speed should not be changed at all. It does take practice and a bit of skill to get tendril sprinting 100% down.

-Hunter pounce is fine where it is. Again, playing with high sensitivity can easily counter it.

-UV heal needing 2 UV blocks isn't too bad of an idea. It would definitely reduce the amount of hunters cheesing the uv suppressor uv heal strategy, which is atm a little op thanks to the spit/uv block regen times.

-Drop attack height isn't what needs to be changed. They need to bring back the grab distance. All the hunter has to do is take a step forward and they can get away from a DFA. and if you read my previous post, auto coursing will also mess you up because you have to be on top of the hunter (dead center) to perform a DFA.

Thanks for the reply. I do agree some of the things I said may have been far fetched, but I was just giving many suggestions and ideas that maybe one of them be implicated. What I meant about the tackle, was that the hunter, even after using tendrils on the ground, would have to run on the ground for maybe a second, or half, before being able to tackle. This would be instead of using tendril on the floor while simultaneously holding the tackle button to perform a tackle instantly upon reaching the end of the tendril. 

One thing I definitely think should be implemented, as you said, is the damage reduction from animations as a hunter. The reason being, after a hunter performs a successful attack, it's impossible to lower his health to empty unless he was previously damaged to low health before his successful pounce. But if you do happen to have that chance, of getting his health to 0 while he's atop your teammate, he's still unable to die. Which is completely ridiculous considering the survivor has no such handicap when it comes to zombie hordes or virals

On 2018-02-14 at 1:20 PM, Vallon said:

1. ''Yes, I am biased'' - and that's why people like you should not be giving suggestions. You're advocating for the side you play, all the while disregarding what players who enjoy the other, or both, might want. Doesn't, and shouldn't work that way.

2. You losing ''only in 3v1s'' just means you're been up against bad players, not that the Hunter was stronger, especially pre-update, when he was the weakest he was without counting DL at launch.

3. Your suggestions are nothing but countless Survivor buffs, which are not needed in 1v1s and 2v1s, and will not be needed once they finally nerf the amount of spits in 3v1 and 4v1s.

This is a joke, right? Unless I'm reading something wrong, you're asking why you should stop playing fists only, basically not use most of the Survivor's offense all the while wanting to survive/win, so you'd instead rather the game return to where you can beat Hunters with fists just because you find it more fun?

There are plenty of Hunters that can be beaten with unarmed combat only post-update anyway, so again, the problem is on your end. Now, beating experienced players who know what they're doing and are using most of the Hunter's potential? You can forget about doing that without putting in an equal amount of effort, a.k.a the way a PvP should work.

The day developers start listening to that one guy that likes playing with fists and balance games around him is the day multiplayer games will die. Nobody cares, start using those melee and ranged weapons or don't complain when you lose to players that don't feel like gimping themselves like you.

I'm very interested to know what exploits you're even talking about. The only exploit the Hunter still has is Ghost Claw. There's also instant-Tackle, but that's a glitch, and I don't really see Apex Predators use it much, let alone lower-ranked players.

Everything else is intended, so...

Don't use pointless hyperboles. In 1v1's, UV Suppressor lasts 25 seconds, Hunter takes 60 seconds to regenerate a spit when there is no autobalance (both players are even). This goes for 2v1's as well, the regen is longer than the UV Suppressor's duration.

If this was meant for 3 and 4v1s, literally everyone in this thread already agreed spit regen is way too fast, so you're beating a dead horse.

If the Hunter has full energy, a UV Suppressor and a UV block, Shield is never a good idea. You either commit to shining him with UV, hoping he does the Pounce early, so he can fail and you can do a reverse flare, or you can bet on him trying to Pounce as the spit explodes (most good Hunters do exactly that), in which case you have to throw a flare while performing a jump or dodge.

This is assuming you can't just dodge out of the spit's radius, by the way.

You don't react to Ground Pounds, you anticipate them. This is basic stuff. When the Hunter flies off and Howls, a GP is most likely coming. When you see him tendril directly on your flare for no reason, a Tendril GP is coming. The most he can do is fake outs, converting a GP to Tackle, but that's on you to decide, and even if you get hit by that Tackle, not only can half its damage be negated by an active medkit, but the Hunter is also restrained in the flare for the animation, taking off around half his energy, resetting the fight when you drop another flare.

This is what a UV Suppressed Survivor vs a Hunter that's looking to destroy his flare has always been like - mind games, seeing who can guess their opponent better, which one will be outwitted. You're complaining about stuff that has been in the game since day 1.

There is no way I can say this without sounding arrogant, but oh well: I've beaten every top Hunter there is on PC, the platform where by far the best DL players are, at least once in a 1v1, everyone except for Visceral, who left the game before I had the chance to play a single 1v1 against him. I have more hours on my Survivor than on my Hunter, I've almost always found Survivor *slightly* more fun to play, especially now, and I won a PC tournament as Survivor, undefeated in all my matches with him.

So you, a random console player most likely, coming here and assuming me being a Hunter-only player plus advising me to play both sides is kinda... ehh. It's also kinda funny how you seem to think I like boasting, even though that's not what my replies are in nature and it's always someone else that says something like: ''You only play Hunter'', ''You have no skill without spits'', ''I'm pretty sure players who wanted this patch were just noobs who can't play right''. So, I have to disprove that, not because my skill or anything irrelevant like that is questioned, but because my credibility and neutral stance is.

I don't advocate for either side unless they need it. All I want is for both sides to be as equal as possible. Nothing more, nothing less.

I just want to say that regardless of who you are/how long you've played, you have no more right to an opinion about the game as someone who has played it for 10 minutes. About you saying I'm a "random player", neither of us have to prove anything, but I've beaten most, if not all the top tier PS4 hunter players... with just my fists. I've been playing the game since launch and shortly after its release is when I started to use just my fists. So before you de-mind me because of my loadout - or lack thereof - remind yourself that this is a video game which has had thousands of players, all at different skills and all with their own styles. If there was only one way to play any game, nobody would play video games because they would be stale and boring. I sincerely hope you can have an open mind about that and trust me when I say that I am a great player - using only fists. I appreciate your advice about playing, however I'm aware of all this and it needn't be said. We're all just here to have some fun but I feel as if there is no fun in being blatantly overpowered. As I've said a couple times now, my suggestions are not all meant to be implemented at once. Yes, I feel a couple are necessary, but for even one of the others to be added, that would just be a bonus.

as for the exploits I've spoken of, there's many. To name a few; tackling and pounces through objects, making them impossible to evade. Landing behind a survivor with tendrils to tackle them instantly from the back without the ability to be evaded. The ability to charge up a ground pound while using tendrils. Being able to tackle a survivor from a higher surface, glitching out the screen of the survivor and confusing them. Pouncing a survivor from close range to have the "flash radius" of the hunter be moved to a random location somewhere around the survivor, making it impossible to evade. Being able to tackle while running perpendicular to a survivor, making the hunters animation glitch out, having him not even be facing you, hitting you with the side of his body

These are most, but certainly not all the exploits/glitches alike that I see every time I'm playing a higher ranked hunter. Excuse me if some of them are intended, but if that's the case, they should be worked on to smooth them out, so it's not so rigid and broken looking.