Prophet

FBX file export settings. Problem with material.

10 posts in this topic

Hi all. Please, help me solve the problem.  I can't deal with the export fbx file, the texture turns grey. I can't find a normal manual on export models, setting up textures. The default settings of the textures are blocked.

What should be the export settings for the fbx file?

I need advanced data tuning the physical models, the influence of wind, etc.

Can you recommend anything? Manuals, sites, or something.

Did you ask how to import meshes into

dying light developer tools?

if so, you just need to add a material and one uv map to your model.

Then export it from your 3d program as fbx.

Then import it into the tools.

Additional data can be added after the import within the tools.

Except for lods and collision mesh

(can’t figure how to export this)

You can set the texture in the material editor, also some wind effect and other stuff.

Thank you. But the problem is not the import model with the map of diffuse. Imported fine but does not appear in the model, normal map, map speculâr. The problem is probably in conversion of textures. Or in the settings of the FBX exporter in environment 3dStudioMax. I looked into the settings of the material, physics, wind, etc., but I would like to see at least one model with working materials, all the cards (normal, diffuse, specular) to properly configure the game engine. Because the content of the game blocked by the developers.

Sorry for my English.

In any case, thank you for the provided manuals and articles, I think I'll find a solution to my problem.

16 hours ago, cr1m3 said:

Additional data can be added after the import within the tools.

Except for lods and collision mesh

(can’t figure how to export this)

You can set the texture in the material editor, also some wind effect and other stuff.

I know what you're saying, but that's not resolve my problem

Снимок2.png

Edited by Prophet

Hi. Don't pay attention to the quality of the model, this is just example. The original texture is black and grey in the editor. But at least, now displays normal map texture, the problem was when baking textures.

Edited by Prophet

I mean, the Difusse map is not displayed correctly.

I exported from 3dstudioMax and from Blender, the result is the same. Probably a problem in the material settings in the editor, but I can't find examples for setting up.

Edited by Prophet

I figured out the problem was in the wrong overlay speсular map, or lack thereof. I understand the game engine accepts a model without specular map as the host light, so the texture is grey. Sorry for my language. I thank you for the manuals.

Снимок41.jpg