Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CartierC

2 Hunters

6 posts in this topic

I know it's a mod but why isn't this an actual thing? I fought the same 2 Hunters, several times yesterday with the rule of no pouncing only one can use horde spit/UV heal and the other can use toxic spit/Uv Spit and I must say, this was the most fun I've had in PvP, of course it was just me but if I had a solid team, I'd imagine it'd be a lot more fun. Normally I'm against mods and glitches but this was a game changer for me, I'd love for this to be an actual option in the game.

I feel like having a private game mode with selectable parameters would make this game's replayability way higher. I was helping someone in black ops 3 once and I noticed you can make any game mode, any number of players, even fill an enemy team with bots that when set to expert are f-ing impossible to beat with their wall hacking aim bots lol. Your pinky toe comes out behind a wall and you're dead. 

So for DL they could have private mode with the ability to add a second hunter, limit abilities, even add more humans. 6v1 or 6v2. Enable hyper mode. Disable certain spits or disable lock ins (no drop kicks, DFAs or tackles). It would make things more interesting. It wouldn't count towards tanks or titles but it would be fun. All I'd need is friends who actually play lol 

One thing I thought of is having 2 hunters, but one only assists. One can pounce, the other can only be a decoy and use physical abilities (tackle, claw, GP). No spits or UV block. 

9 hours ago, Relentlos said:

I feel like having a private game mode with selectable parameters would make this game's replayability way higher.

You're not alone. That used to be my sig on this forum: "More player control for multiplayer".

The self-styled pros are not interested in control over parameters that could have them at a disadvantage as they're mostly interested in wins/rep and beginners don't have the experience to want to play around with settings. The practical reality then became that people who wanted those freedoms were driven to mods, cheats, and those that distribute the same, which was unfortunate in that it resulted in the typical scenario where a much wider spread of folks modds the game, often against the will of their opponents in multiplayer who didn't; finally compromising player satisfaction for a larger group of people than say the few folks who'd have been intimidated by another menu or two. I guess this development was in the interest of developers, as the scandals, imbalances, and online buzz seem to have driven sales and stats.

As for the current settings: as good as they are in terms of balance stats, I find myself playing less these days as the game's balancing history feels like a story of playing privileges and degrees of freedom lost, for both hunters and survivors. Assuming more control for players in pvp would change things, if say unusual settings and their play were encouraged in an experimental and fun way, instead of always pushing the competitive aspect of multiplayer. I'm also getting a more skewed sense of performance: getting undeserved wins and losses more frequently doesn't help either. As if the quality of the game play is not reflected in the result.

With more control for players over parameters the game could develop naturally and transparently without folks fearing losses or ranking down. I'm not saying I'd want the latest patch and/or ranking system to be ditched; I am saying that giving folks more degrees of freedom generally would refresh my interest in the game mode, as the potential we see with tweaked settings in weekend events is fun. Yes, two hunters are fun to play. Play becomes more complex though and controlling spawn locations and survivor/hunter abilities, like the the way Cartier and his opponents limited hunter abilities in their game by not employing pounces etc, seem necessary. 

Yeah it would be nice to be able to control it to play safely in a way they prefer. As is you can tell survivors no DFAs or something but they can still do it, even if out of habit. Same with pouncing or something, you just do it out of habit and the game does the rest. I've been doing a hunter with locked abilities just for fun. I got everything to the right of UV block, all physical abilities but no spits down the left side unlocked. Only the base horde spit that I had to unlock to get anything else. It makes it more interesting to find ways to try and kill without the more advanced spit abilities that everyone uses. The horde is almost useless as it's like 30 seconds and maybe 3 bombers lol

here I fought two good hunters, it was all fun and games with a no pounce rule. The main issue was constantly tackles and GPs, with a few more humans, I'd find it to be epics being able to DK hunters and keep them from singling anyone out, more like a free for all without the nests. This is my only good play of the game.