VanuCultist

Imagine the Beginning of the Outbreak

3 posts in this topic

I would love to see the beginning of the outbreak, either through a prequel or as part of these content drops.

Imagine the start of the outbreak with hordes of freshly infected virals, that would be a 28-Days-Later-esque horror scenario. It would be a major change to the day-night mechanics, because daytime would be very dangerous, but night would supplement stealth.

As a content drop, I could see this being realized as a short questline that really mixes up the gameplay.

Even better would be seeing this in a full-on Dying Light prequel. Imagine progressing through the outbreak with the day/night cycle evolving over time. At the start, daytime is dangerous and night acts as a way to stealth more easily. But over time, as volatiles start to appear and the number of virals drop, the day would become safer and the night even more dangerous. This could be set in the downtown city area that we never got to see in the first game. Imagine mirrors-edge style parkour through highrise buildings. It would be my dream game.

Edited by VanuCultist

Actually when I bought this game some years ago I thought (for some reason) this would be story about beginning of the outbreak. To be honest it was bit disappointing when I realised games focus was at somewhere else than I expected. Guess side quests and helping NPC's to survive kept me playing this game and finish the story.

Yes I'd like to see this too. Basic survival - Improvise. Adapt. Overcome :lol:

The whole not knowing what is happening would be the cool part. Or caring for those injured then watching them turn viral etc.

Edited by TF-Danger