Disinfo

Adding Birds in the sky

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to add birds in the sky? I've been trying to find out how to do that for a while now. 

I'm not finding anything in meshes or effects. 

Thanks in advance! 

there's "flock_animation.msh" in the meshes folder.

there was some mesh that crashed the map, it was either the birds or some other groups of animated objects like the birds, i can't remember.

either way, i'd test this out on en empty map just to be sure!

there's objects in the data folder search with keyword "flock" as well

Edited by doomguy

Thanks! The mesh works fine, although the behaviour is kinda weird - flying in one place. 

It's the same like when adding the one for fish. In the actual game they fly/swim around, but I'm a bit afraid to add the animal class to this object, since it is what caused my map to crash earlier. 

Wish there was some sort of wiki for all these things. We got the developer tools, but everything we have to figure out by ourselves. 

as for the wiki, i created the one you saw on the other post like a week ago. just as a place to add info

if you wanna join and post info you know or even, results you find when trying to get stuff to work that would be great

as for the moving around birds, i have no experience with the animal class; maybe you can do a movie to animate the animals?

Edited by doomguy

butterflies are FXEmitter

the animal class didn't crash when changing the flock mesh to the animal class in the map i opened (ghost of the past) so maybe your fine to add the animal class

or test in a  new map - that's the best thing anyway

cheers

Edited by doomguy