Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BladeMaster

[Suggestion] 10 Changes about the Night Hunter

3 posts in this topic

Hello.

I'd like to suggest certain changes about the night hunter I've thought so far or seen other people suggest but they didn't make a thread. Which would possibly improve the balance since that is what everyone's talking about.

1. iTackle should be brought back, but with cooldown. Perhaps something like this, 20 seconds in 1vs1, 15 seconds in 2vs1, 10 seconds in 3vs1 and 5 seconds in 4vs1.

2. Normal mode's healing should be definitely nerfed, in invasions. Thread. It could be made even slower compared to the Hard/Nightmare mode. Should be nerfed for Hard mode as well and be a bit slower compared to Nightmare mode. Ultimately Nightmare mode should have the slightly faster regeneration compared to the previous modes, I know this sounds weird, but perhaps it'll encourage people to play invasions more on the Nightmare mode.

3. Hunter's movement should be improved when climbing, the hunter shouldn't use the same animations as Crane, it slows down the hunter and opens humans for attacks, for example sometimes hunter may accidentally grab ledges, sometimes the hunter may even get stuck in ground which can ruin the tendril sprint momentum. My idea would be, giving hunter a extra tendrils which will be only used to climb instead of the arms, this should also open the hunter for attacks while climbing, for example, hunter should be able to jump any second he wants during the climbing without having to wait for a short delay, hunter should be able to stick himself to buildings swiftly and move between them without delay, as well as being able to attack and use spits while climbing.

4. Dropkicks should receive the similar cooldown as stated for iTackle above. There should be also global cooldown for dropkicks applied to hunter, for example if the hunter is dropkicked by the player 1, hunter becomes immune against being dropkicked again for few seconds by any other player, and several seconds by the person who just dropkicked the hunter recently.

5. Not a hunter change, but.. Perhaps the UV light's range could be reduced by somewhat 20% or 30%.

6. I believe hunter should also receive a respec ability at the final mutation, similar to the Legend skill-tree.

7. Sense suppressor spit needs to be buffed. It should still stick to the player even after death, otherwise the way it is it's definitely close to being useless. For example, each time the player dies, they have to wait 2-3 minutes less for suppressor spit to diminish. Hunter could also receive the extra suppressor spits the more players are in the game.

8. UV heal could be buffed too. It should have a random chance to quickly bring back one lost spit, or two. Otherwise it could boost the spit recharge time.

9. Hunter should receive a fourth mutation, enabling new skill(s), the new skill could be something awesome like even faster speed, iTackle, summon and control volatile(s) or something like that.

10. Prestige mutations, when hunter reaches the final mutation, he'll receive an ability to mutate just for prestige, something like Crane has, Legend skill-tree. Up to 15-20 extra mutations, which will no longer reset the hunter's skill-tree or give anymore mutation skills, but the new ranks and extra motivation for hunters to keep on playing and leveling up, even if it's not for extra skills, leveling up still feels rewarding and gives feeling of progression, compared to seeing the same thing over and over again. I know this is probably weirdest idea, but I thought I'd share it. Maybe the prestige ranks could slightly increase hunter's speed and damage, but this is really something up to developers, I'm only sharing an idea.

This is all what comes in mind right now, thank you for reading.

Edited by BladeMaster

Some good ideas. Here's my take on those

1. I never really used it. Don't think they'll do it but it seems like they need to do something about the tackle = free hit for humans thing (especially when it's so easy to evade). Maybe make ground pounds do just a little damage from 2H whether it's a hit or not, but increase the range so even a hit with the 'shock' can do the same damage. It can still be a finisher, especially in a 1v1 if you got a direct 2H melee strike but in team games it makes it much less dangerous. 

2. Sounds complicated. Hard or Nightmare mode healing across the board seems easier. It would make all modes the same other than nightmare mode's inability to use dev weapons. On that note I say come on devs. I've been on nightmare a while. Let me use dev weapons during invasions at least so I can mess around. 

3. They could probably improve that stuff. Seems more like a glitch/bug when he grabs the ground and does the stop/grab/climb/jump thing. Annoying but if you try to be careful about running up hills or falling into buildings it shouldn't be a major issue.

4. I'll be honest the only time I've been successfully drop kicked to death in succession was when lagging and being unable to escape even after a tackle or pounce or while tendrilling AWAY from the player. Otherwise I seem able to escape so I don't know how bad this issue really is for others. I just try to jump and escape at the earliest moment but even 1 second of immunity should be enough to escape without being immune and able to stay within striking range without fear. 

5. I have no idea about UV really. I lag enough on PS4 that the ranges I see vary to ridiculous proportions. It goes from severely underpowered to ridiculously OP. I just wish MY light would be OP. I tend to get the weak narrow beam that is even smaller than the animated beam making hunters immune while being lit up blue. Meanwhile others can blow me out of the sky from 300+ meters in seconds flat before I even reach them when coming at full speed. One guy in a 1v1 was standing on the korek machette building which is quite high, and he could torch me on the street below in 2 seconds or less, just a flash of his light. You think I could get anywhere near him?  Even coming at him from nearby buildings with UV block ended with it running out and me bursting into flames right before the edge for a nice DFA that he thankfully never took. That's nearly impossible to play against. 

If it's like I think it should be then it's fine, and that is that the UV light and stamina should be equal charge while the range vs pounce range is equal. That would be balance. I hardly ever see it though. Nothing like catching someone from behind in a fall only to have his buddy 3 blocks away cancel the pounce and then the human just holds 1 button for a DFA while you can't move. I think both parties should be unable to move for balance. I'd be fine but he'd be dead from fall damage. It would also allow you to attempt at lamp post campers assuming a friend isn't standing on the post beside him to catch the DFA. 

6. Why would you need a respec?  Just to remove GP knockback for a chance at an exploit? lol 

7. Death is one step closer to victory. I don't care if a player dies and loses the sense suppress even 1 second after. They died. That's  1 more out of the 10 I need. As long as they fix the teammate survivor sense cancelling the sense suppressor then it's back to being decent. It just doesn't do you much good in situations where 3/4 players can still see you and protect the 1. 

8. UV heal seems powerful enough, though I'd maybe make UV block disable lock ins so it can be used strategically to avoid DFAs or tackles. UV heal maybe ending in a GP with no delay if it misses, just to make it harder for humans to get a hit (they may be thrown back if a bit too slow). 

9. Maybe a legend style hunter tree. Enable the ability to enhance certain traits but such a thing would have to be carefully made to not make it OP. It definitely can't do as much as the human tree does. 

10.  Kinda goes with 9. Gives the hunter more to work for without mutating again.

Ideas may be abilities with cooldown or other stuff, but only 1 can be used per game and may require playing/skill points to re-select. Something like Health: Increase health to 300 (double). Lasts 1 life and can only be used once. Last nest and in trouble? Boom. Super hunter. You can take more hits to make it a final all in fight. Use it at the start and die then it's gone. Special moves like DFA or even the rare 2H axe throw will still insta kill you so don't mess up, but otherwise it'll take double the effort to take you down. 

That one can be called armour and maybe prevent DFAs untl half your health (the armour) is gone.

Another skill could be to recharge all spits instantly. Only works once and takes 3 more skill points to unlock again. Would require an animation to warn players that it happened so they don't think you're hacking. 

Maybe one so stamina never goes below half. You can run and do stuff in light no problem. Only used once and only lasts 3 minutes.

8 hours ago, Relentlos said:

Some good ideas. Here's my take on those

1. I never really used it. Don't think they'll do it but it seems like they need to do something about the tackle = free hit for humans thing (especially when it's so easy to evade). Maybe make ground pounds do just a little damage from 2H whether it's a hit or not, but increase the range so even a hit with the 'shock' can do the same damage. It can still be a finisher, especially in a 1v1 if you got a direct 2H melee strike but in team games it makes it much less dangerous. 

It is definitely necessary to be brought back, at least in my opinion. Especially in 3vs1/4vs1 matches. I don't know really about GPs, for me they already have long enough range, it also opens hunters for GP spit which is already devastating.

2. Sounds complicated. Hard or Nightmare mode healing across the board seems easier. It would make all modes the same other than nightmare mode's inability to use dev weapons. On that note I say come on devs. I've been on nightmare a while. Let me use dev weapons during invasions at least so I can mess around. 

The problem is experienced players playing on Normal mode to take an advantage against hunters. And the hunter has no ability to see difficulty of the match he's joining. Also since zombies die easier on Normal mode, so the healing isn't just only advantage. Developer weapons would be too OP in invasions to be very honest, and if duping/spamming takes place, it's not really a great choice unless they receive some sort of huge cooldown. Generally Nightmare is difficulty to be taken seriously with highest possible challenge so that's why we can't use developer weapons, I think I'm fine with them being disabled, however an optional setting wouldn't be bad, letting the host switch on/off developer blueprints in Nightmare mode, less experience when enabled, however I don't think it's good idea to be able to use/spam developer weapons in invasions, but with cooldown it isn't really that bad.

3. They could probably improve that stuff. Seems more like a glitch/bug when he grabs the ground and does the stop/grab/climb/jump thing. Annoying but if you try to be careful about running up hills or falling into buildings it shouldn't be a major issue.

Right, it's not really a huge issue for experienced hunters. However it's still a major issue from what I see. It happens to even top hunters, sometimes they get stuck in ground or get slowed down due to the environment, it's just not fun I can see.

4. I'll be honest the only time I've been successfully drop kicked to death in succession was when lagging and being unable to escape even after a tackle or pounce or while tendrilling AWAY from the player. Otherwise I seem able to escape so I don't know how bad this issue really is for others. I just try to jump and escape at the earliest moment but even 1 second of immunity should be enough to escape without being immune and able to stay within striking range without fear. 

I've seen dropkick being abused, even against very experienced hunters. It's not just dropkick chain, one dropkick is enough to obliterate the hunter by quickly anticipating hunter's fall spot, grappling there or being there, blocking hunter and killing him.

6. Why would you need a respec?  Just to remove GP knockback for a chance at an exploit? lol 

No, that is already possible by starting another hunter or simply mutating and not adding the skill. But it's not about that, it's more of a personal choice, like it is for Legend skill-tree. Also I don't really consider it an exploit, more like a smart move. Also if people want it, they'll get it anyway, no need to limit fun for other people just because of that, is what I think. If developers really consider it as an exploit they'll patch it anyway

7. Death is one step closer to victory. I don't care if a player dies and loses the sense suppress even 1 second after. They died. That's  1 more out of the 10 I need. As long as they fix the teammate survivor sense cancelling the sense suppressor then it's back to being decent. It just doesn't do you much good in situations where 3/4 players can still see you and protect the 1. 

Right. That's true. They've already fixed the teammate glitch. However the way it is, nobody uses sense suppressor spit because it's not viable and extremely underpowered. It's there, it's part of the hunter abilities and it should be used, at least useful. As you mentioned, it's even less useful in 3vs1 and 4vs1 matches, however it has to be. If it's about the balancing. There are even people playing without HUD. So it's not really impossible for humans to play without sense. It'll add more to the game.

8. UV heal seems powerful enough, though I'd maybe make UV block disable lock ins so it can be used strategically to avoid DFAs or tackles. UV heal maybe ending in a GP with no delay if it misses, just to make it harder for humans to get a hit (they may be thrown back if a bit too slow). 

That's good idea.

9. Maybe a legend style hunter tree. Enable the ability to enhance certain traits but such a thing would have to be carefully made to not make it OP. It definitely can't do as much as the human tree does. 

Right, it has to be made in a way which doesn't really impact too much on skills/abilities and overall performance. However adding more ranks, and something to work more while playing and having fun as hunter, more motivation. Not something you're forced to, or something you have to obtain definitely and as fast as possible. I'm not sure how to properly explain as my English language isn't very wide, sorry about that.

9 hours ago, Relentlos said:

Ideas may be abilities with cooldown or other stuff, but only 1 can be used per game and may require playing/skill points to re-select. Something like Health: Increase health to 300 (double). Lasts 1 life and can only be used once. Last nest and in trouble? Boom. Super hunter. You can take more hits to make it a final all in fight. Use it at the start and die then it's gone. Special moves like DFA or even the rare 2H axe throw will still insta kill you so don't mess up, but otherwise it'll take double the effort to take you down. 

That one can be called armour and maybe prevent DFAs untl half your health (the armour) is gone.

Another skill could be to recharge all spits instantly. Only works once and takes 3 more skill points to unlock again. Would require an animation to warn players that it happened so they don't think you're hacking. 

Maybe one so stamina never goes below half. You can run and do stuff in light no problem. Only used once and only lasts 3 minutes.

Great ideas, thanks for sharing!