Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doomguy

forcing picked up weapon to be active weapon

4 posts in this topic

hey y'all

does anyone know how or if we can force a weapon that the player picked up to be the active weapon the player is holding?

i'm having problems emulating this.

i'm moving the player's inventory to the stash when picking up the weapon i want him to have, and that makes the weapon become the active weapon like so:

,take _ QuestInventoryItemDI Shotgun -show=false
,inventory-to-depot _
,give-weapon _ -weapon_id=Firearm_ShotgunAGen -count=1

this works well.

i want the player to use the shotgun for a part of the map, and he can access his stash when that section of the map is complete. (i'd rather have the player keep his inventory and just automatically have the weapon he picked up be the active weapon, but i haven't been able to do so!)

the problem with this technique is that the stash's content returns to the stash when the player dies, after he's accessed the stash and retrieved all his items, even after the stash has been disabled.

any ideas or help on the subject?

any ideas on how to block the game from moving the player's inventory to the stash again? or automatically be holding the weapon the player picks up? 

Edited by doomguy

well, i figured out how to stop the player's inventory from moving into the stash again, at death,

still would rather not use the stash to force a player to activate the weapon he picked up but still

here's a working example: http://adf.ly/1nmlnB

Great, you found a workaround for this,

some more tweaks and this will be realistic, good job Doom and thank you very much to explain and sharing you knowledge and work, you are a geat guy!

Edited by cr1m3