Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Col. Bliss

Dying Light MMO

5 posts in this topic

I was thinking about it this evening, what if Dying light were turned into an MMO. No I'm not talking about your average WoW MMO. I'm talking Dying Light mixed with Day Z, The dying light world of scavenging and missions combined with a massive open world such as a country, with harsh survival elements that Day Z possesses. Start off with several different factions all with their own objectives and goals (GRE, Ministry Of Defense, Rais Bandits, Tower Civilians as examples), then you can make your own choices deciding if you should choose to help further their interests or go rogue and go out for yourself. Player encounters would also be a big role, scavenging for supplies and encountering hostile bandit players, rival factions or running into allies in a scavenging party. All of this to contend with along with hoards of undead and mutants and trying to locate precious antizan airdrops. Groups players teaming up or competing to capture airdrops of antizan or weapons/supplies. In depth player customization, finding different articles of clothing and gear in the world to customize your character. Players should only get a one shot life, as well as take great care not to get bit by infected otherwise suffering a serious penalty, realistic injuries, sickness, hunger and thirst as well as sleep.

Thoughts and or opinions? I just think this would be an awesome idea.

I don't know to be honest. I like the idea of Dying Light getting a new game mode where more than 4 human players can play, more mechanics, more scavenging, more zombies, more missions, just like how GTA V is perhaps or somewhat similar, but I don't know how to put it to explain correctly. But I dislike the idea of losing everything upon death or starting from the scratch, there are so many other games like this out there already. If Dying Light were to receive such game mode it'd have to be something unique and very different from the other games, where you could use your own character from singleplayer, it'd be awesome. It'd be different from Campaign of course, without a story or something like that but more things that people can do compared to Campaign.

Perhaps more survival mechanics could be added, like infection, hunter, thirst etc, but dying to lose everything is not what I'd want, maybe some serious penalties, like being teleported somewhere far and unable to come back easily, or lower health/stamina and etc.

Edited by BladeMaster

Well perma death was just one consequence of Day Z there are others that could be used such as putting an emphasis on money and antazin as currency. If they somehow made those very important by creating a game economy then Upon dying losing a significant amount of the money you carry would provide incentive not to die and to use caution. I like the idea of losing everything you have because it puts everyone on equal footing and seeing as in games like Day Z and H1Z1 they're terribly riddled with campers. Sure you'll have your high military grade loot zones in a game of this nature but dying light keeps emphasis on fast pace movement or get swarmed with infected and large scale mutants that will rip you a new one.

Sounds like a good concept and it would ensure people continue playing even longer imo, the only thing is that kind of open world GTA-esque business model is geared towards micro transactions and I'm sure none of us want a situation where we're paying 79p for antizin just to keep playing.

Edited by Sweedy

A lot of games are like that, I don't like the idea of micro payments.. I believe you should only have to buy the game once. If its a genuinely good game that has new high quality content you might be able to convince me to make monthly payments that is if the content isn't just rehashed old content with different point values like WoW is. It would be interesting because the % chance of being bitten and infected is exactly what you don't want to happen so people instead of camping high grade zones would be much more inclined to keep on the move to refrain from having to chase antizin drops. The ones that are already infected would have to compete over them and that's one more nail in their coffin along with all the other many possibilities that could kill the player.