ZombieLover101

To PETE: NH IDEAS/ ABILITIES

17 posts in this topic

Upgrade some skills that exist already for NH

•horde:choose between bombers to infected to sentinent or normal volatile(1 per spit) NOTE: to switch between variants, tap left d-pad

•spit: choose to tri shot that costs 3 available spits u have. NOTE: only one spit variant is used to tri shot

●A way to counter drop kicks just how humans can counter tackles 

●mutation lvl 3 spikes on NH back can be used to repel drop attacks by spiking out. This will cost one UV block. 

LEAVE FEEDBACK PLEASE 

HOPE SOMETHING RINGS A BELL :)

would be nice if NH could roll out of tight spaces considering the slums are full of tight spaces and NH is so slow at climbing out.

That's also an alternative idea for escaping; also you bring up a good point of the NH climbing slow. Glad you shared your thoughts/options:)

WE MUST RAISE AWARENESS 

Interesting ideas!  The Hunter is designed to have an advantage in some scenarios and at a disadvantage in others.  You get to pick and choose where the fights happen. Don't fall for a survivor baiting you into a poor location for a fight.  Wait it out... it only makes you stronger as you will regen abilities.  They need to push towards the next nest and the Hunter gets to choose when the fight happens.  Also, you can quickly turn a tight space from a disadvantage...to an advantage, with a toxic spit ;) 

New type of spit:

Make a hard shell on one of selected nests (need to be hit directly, no spraying on nests). Shell block few hits (scale on weapon type (1-2 hand, knife etc)). Shell can be destroyed only by 1-2 hand weapons, explosives (and goon's attack :P). Shell protect nest from all over-time-damage (fire, toxins etc, resistant to all elemental damage), arrows/bolts (explosive arrow deal 1/3 HP of normal explosion per "boom", direct hit by impact bolt deal damage like 1 explosive, explosive stars 1/3, ofc I mean shell durability)
Extras:

Decision between: limit of 2 active shell spits at this same time with normal cooldown or slower cooldown without limit on spit (ofc there is max stack: 2).
Duration of active hard shell: No time limit (stay till destroyed) or 1/2min (maybe faster when hunter is dead)
Spit not used on nest have smaller explosion radius than other spits and deal no damage to human, but direct/close hit can block all humans movement (including camera), making him unable to make a move for fixed time (let's say he is freezed).

(Everything scale with number of human players)

Edited by Tochotto

Um speaking of abilities I encountered a mutation 0 Night CHEATER where he respawned super fast and spat at me ALOT DA FLIP WAS HE DOIN thx

Why did you guys drop the idea? If it was due to balancing issues, it could've been made so that the NH can have the option to explode after killing 1 or 2 humans. 

On 7/17/2017 at 8:03 PM, Pete Donnelly said:

Interesting fact:  There was a "self-destruct" type skill very early on in BTZ development ;)

I mean, in a 4v1, let's say your a NH getting destroyed, last nest, 6 human lives, you self destruct leaving toxic spit and killing 2 humans. It would be awesome, or give it a longer respawn time. Make an event and see how it goes. :)

I thought about the idea of UV heal being used to deflect drop attacks in another thread and wondered what if UV block in general also blocked lock ins? You could be in front of spikes and vulnerable, but manage to escape, or escape successive drop kicks, or disable the lock in for a DFA from working just by using your UV block. In some instances a well timed use of it may leave a player vulnerable as they drop kick and miss, or kill someone who committed to a DFA from too high up. It would be very useful for experienced players facing equally experienced humans I would think, but also comes at a cost as you only have 2 and if you're forced to use them both too soon you may be caught. This sort of solves the drop kick dodge issue too. 

I also wonder what about if you hit a nest directly with a spit it regains some health?  Last ditch effort you could tag a nest directly to bring it's health back up, possibly tag humans. This would only apply to a final nest, and would be up to the hunter if it's even worth wasting a spit possibly. Or would that be too much?

Also I mentioned this somewhere else but what if the hunter claw set off red barrels and propane tanks? Red barrels would instantly blow and be 100% suicide, but maybe they can take a human with them. Propane tanks would react as though a human slashed it and start going off.

Looking at the itackle thread one major complaint is facing 4 good players using heavy weapons. It does seem a bit unbalanced if a tackle is almost always evaded with a free slash. A normal slash is one thing but a full two handed swing for an evade seems a bit much. Maybe make it like a pounce or buggy grab animation state where damage is scaled back, so you can still finish off a wounded hunter, but it would give people more of a chance. If they want to just spam tackle and take hits over and over, then it's up to them. They'd still insta-die if it's a 2v1 and someone got a swing off where they land after the tackle. 

Last thing would be a balance to the mode across all difficulties. Make healing just like it is on hard mode. Then every mode would be the same for invasions, other than nightmare mode's inability to use developer weapons. The weapon balance and health would be the same across the board. It'll make people mad probably but maybe give infinite med kits so they don't feel they're wasting theirs when playing, maybe even gift some at the end if they win as incentive. A new player could have exactly 1 and still use it as many times as he wants to keep his health up for the match, and if he wins he'll have 11. :o And so on. 

My Idea is when the Night Hunter is facing a Team of 4.  Survivor Sense should be Disabled.   This would promote Teamwork.

The Survivors would have to rely on Sight and Sound to detect the Night Hunter.  

Dying Light has ample Graphics and Sound Design to allow such a change to be Implemented reliably IMO.

Even if this was Implemented as a Trial Initially to Quantify Statistical Data. 

For Matches that have 3 or less Players allow Survivor Sense but  increase the Delay between Uses for each additional Player. 

I feel these changes would ratchet up the Tension and make the Nigh Hunter a Truly Fearsome Beast.

Another Idea that I have is that the Night Hunter should have Heightened Awareness.

He can sense the Direction of Gunfire and other Projectiles coming towards him.

This could be achieved by Screen Edge glow for near misses and Crescent Markers for Direct Hits. 

On 8/27/2017 at 10:28 PM, Chaos_Deception said:

Another Idea that I have is that the Night Hunter should have Heightened Awareness.

He can sense the Direction of Gunfire and other Projectiles coming towards him.

This could be achieved by Screen Edge glow for near misses and Crescent Markers for Direct Hits. 

How can hitscan weapons be sensed before being fired? Even the crossbow bolt's travel time would be too fast to react to unless fired from a massive distance.

this game is designed for no hud playing. I play with hunter with no hud and its very fun. I sense humans with button for pounce (look like some shock wave that humans emits). and I need to stay in nests most of the time. that is real pourpose of hunter. to protect nests. not to fly in other side of map to kill some humans :D. maybe some community event with no hud for all