Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sanjyuubi

INSTANT TACKLE

26 posts in this topic

OK, since the game starts to litterally dying out and there's unavoidable increasing flood of delusional players resorting to all glitches/exploits there is, just anything to win, why not to post instruction of the cheapest move for hunter here for everybody? The most skilled players succumbed to their delusions and self-justified "morals" of gameplay, trying to stick a tag of a PRO technique that only PROs know  (and keeping it in secret).

Instant tackle will allow you to tackle opponent after dodge even if your stamina is depleted! You can also perform double tackle if human hit something and is still in tackle range. If you're always crying over OP humans, it's something Techland prepared for you in secret.

It's not hard to find if you can use a google, but it seems that many can't, so here's one of the tutorials:

Have fun!

Edited by sanjyuubi

Perhaps a thread of all changes to multiplayer in 2017 would be appropriate?

There's this, issues with molotovs, increased ground pound knock back radius "rewarding" Hunter XP, where we're at regarding semi auto crossbow, flying survivors etc.

Everybody in this final phase of the game would be served by more timeline or change log posts to see what's going on at least; especially if players aren't granted control (over their own saves to revert to an earlier state, like smaller ground pound radius say) as by now the history of the game and its tweaks is so extensive, the differences playing folks on Nightmare vs Normal so large, that a bit of an overview of changes would come in handy.

Especially as folks have to find out for themselves whether the other side is wasting their time via bad sportsmanship, which isn't always clear with all the changes over time. Everybody would find this useful, except those that play 24/7.

Bet money that grapple-cancel air dodge stays. Poison bolt should be nerfed its a joke. Moment I get hit with one of those I bail.

Edited by nickmad92
correcting

Instant dropkick doesn't always trigger a successful animation of the same. It often may register on the survivor's screen but not in multiplayer game play. If a hunter is fast and moves well then I'd like to see someone spamming instant dropkicks mindlessly and winning that match. When it seems that way from hunter pov, in most cases it'd seem that the survivor predicted position/movement of the hunter successfully.

And perhaps we could soften the "Techland doesn't care anyway" aspect in our posts as we have seen support and players' issues escalated from these very pages over the game's lifespan. Sure, we can disagree about whether we find that support sufficient and/or relevant enough to our concerns, but to flat out claim that Techland doesn't care, in an absolute sense, is false imho.

That said, I'm not sure whether we do justice to the negative posts policy of the forum with tags like "crybaby" or "diapers", as that language is quite loaded. Ok, maybe I miss the joke or am its target, but such cases would further substantiate my point. 

Okay say what you like, but I have been dropkicked right after gp survivor into walls. Also DFA and 2 handed after sneaky gp wall nerf. By Vallon and the likes of.

Techland cares about their image more than their veteran fan base. If you had a brain you could see that.

Love how Hunter gets a good exploit and it must be dealt immediately. Meanwhile survivor has had grapple cancel exploit for ages but was swept under the rug.

Just shows.

On 23.05.2017 at 5:12 PM, Chickeninja said:

That said, I'm not sure whether we do justice to the negative posts policy of the forum with tags like "crybaby" or "diapers", as that language is quite loaded. Ok, maybe I miss the joke or am its target, but such cases would further substantiate my point. 

Look at the big picture, the most crying hunters from this forum paradoxally have apex predator rank (same thing also applies to Ultimate Survivors), why are they crying you may ask, maybe they just need to change a diaper?

You shouldn't feel offended unless you feel some guilt :)

On 24.05.2017 at 4:21 PM, nickmad92 said:

Love how Hunter gets a good exploit and it must be dealt immediately. Meanwhile survivor has had grapple cancel exploit for ages but was swept under the rug.

The thing with the human exploits is that they require at least some skill to perform, you need a quickfingers to put a sequence (not talking about macro users) in contrast to just hold a button and turn around.

The thing that should be removed is auto crossbow.

BTW, 80% of my time spent in this game is night hunter mode, but that would be propably hard to believe for you guys since i'm against instackles. If you want instackles that bad, then human should have ability to dodge in air all the time.

Edited by sanjyuubi

On 23.05.2017 at 0:11 AM, nickmad92 said:

Bet money that grapple-cancel air dodge stays. Poison bolt should be nerfed its a joke. Moment I get hit with one of those I bail.

You can heal via uv healing or hide and wait if you are afraid, it's as dangerous as impact bolts. I never had issue with that, you should propably be angry more with the gangbang you can receive in 3 and more players game.

If it comes to instant recovery after hitting the wall, it sometimes makes me feel depressed too, not necessary after GP, but more after tackle where hunter is locked in animation but human is operable instantly when hitting wall.

Also, what should be dealt with human is removing repair cancels, people are programming macros with that and destroying nests fast. To be honest, repairing shouldn't work in invasions since weapons won't degrade.

Edited by sanjyuubi

On 05/28/2017 at 0:41 AM, sanjyuubi said:

If you want instackles that bad, then human should have ability to dodge in air all the time.

Uh humans do have that retarded ability and besides two wrongs don't make a right. No veteran likes an easily spammable exploit. Only hope techland decide to make BtZ a stand alone as its got great potential.

Hey everyone, I'm still looking at what can be done right now...  Again, without a full patch I'm somewhat limited in what can be tuned.  I had to focus on some other things last week but am hopeful we can get a tuning update released this week.  I'll be checking this thread though so please feel free to submit what you feel are currently the biggest issues in BTZ.  We appreciate your input.  Let's just try to keep the discussion friendly. :)  

Some things I'm looking at:

Hunter

1. Non-Upgraded GP (trying to find a solution for this but, without a patch, any change to non-upgraded GP has a knock on to upgraded GP.  I'm not happy with anything I've tested so far...)
  2. Adjustments to sense suppress, toxic spit and uv-heal (value should be on par with uv-disable, horde, and uv-block)
  3. Instant tackle

Humans

1. Elemental combo damage on Nests
  2. Crossbow damage
  3. Respawns (3v1,4v1)
  4. Potion usage 

1 hour ago, Pete Donnelly said:

Hey everyone, I'm still looking at what can be done right now...  Again, without a full patch I'm somewhat limited in what can be tuned.  I had to focus on some other things last week but am hopeful we can get a tuning update released this week.  I'll be checking this thread though so please feel free to submit what you feel are currently the biggest issues in BTZ.  We appreciate your input.  Let's just try to keep the discussion friendly. :)  

Some things I'm looking at:

Hunter

1. Non-Upgraded GP (trying to find a solution for this but, without a patch, any change to non-upgraded GP has a knock on to upgraded GP.  I'm not happy with anything I've tested so far...)
  2. Adjustments to sense suppress, toxic spit and uv-heal (value should be on par with uv-disable, horde, and uv-block)
  3. Instant tackle

Humans

1. Elemental combo damage on Nests
  2. Crossbow damage
  3. Respawns (3v1,4v1)
  4. Potion usage 

You forgot repair glitch for humans :P

So then nothing is to be done about grapple cancel exploit???

Tell me its out your hands and I will leave this godforsaken circle jerk.

Better yet just ignore this like every other comment or suggestion I've made.

It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal.

Good day, sir!

On 28.5.2017 at 0:41 AM, sanjyuubi said:

Look at the big picture, the most crying hunters from this forum paradoxally have apex predator rank (same thing also applies to Ultimate Survivors), why are they crying you may ask, maybe they just need to change a diaper?

You shouldn't feel offended unless you feel some guilt :)

The old "you have nothing to hide unless you're guilty" move. :lol: The reply to that is that you are the first to have presumed that guilt. The expression "who smelt it dealt it" comes to mind, especially considering the high importance of diapers here. 

Jokes aside, nice to see Pete moving on things and that some of the concerns by various users in the forum are being addressed and noted, even if it is understandable that not everybody's concerns on every issue can be treated. I would just add to the discussion that the landscape of the player base has been changing on PC, with many more folks bringing in 1000 hours or more of experience in recent months, and that if you have 3-4 survivors with that kind of experience, a hunter on about the same level of experience will require some luck or some unlikely mistakes on the part of survivors, even in old town, to pose a serious threat.

I'm not suggesting an answer to this myself and merely laying it out there for folks to make up their own minds. It's not that I hate a challenge or losing, and more that the outcome of entering such a match has become a bit more predictable.

I do not think the game is Dying out, plenty of players- its only occasionally a slow night for NH to invade. ! As for the mystery Tackle I get thank you for the Heads up. I have been able to recover from the unexpected tackle Only because of 221 hp for me. (I a am a natural level 26 the slooooow way I have about 10 + months of play on normal mode and I never use potions during an invasion I do not think the game requires any potion to beat a NH- opinions???.) The tackle is sometimes connected 3x until Im dead , but rarely. I think the game is well balanced with a few exceptions. I have some trouble with UV spits that connect, but its only when your timing is off and you don't throw flare correctly.

I would like to see some more variety with nest locations and volatile #'s per nest. I would have mabe a gauntlet that the Survivor has to deal with ie: like having 20+ volitiles to get to the nests. ( if you attack them 1st they don't spaze out until u hit a nest).Have a proximity alarm when they attack by you just being close. Or just by running through The Following it 300+ meters to next nest and playing the light on NH is a little boring unless ur sleeping- have random attackers or a surprise(s). I have some good ideas to post in developer tools if that's the place..

auntmarie33  = PSN

Human need fix:

- 1 Life = only 1 Camouflage times, they can't spam it and DFA camper everywhere 
- Recovery Health with team = Half past Health (not 100%)

I dont really understand making grapple cancel air dodge (whoa) so big deal. Okay, maybe its not fair, but in other hand tackling and pouncing through textures (rooftop edges, walls, floors) isnt fair either - and yea, many hunters take all advantage of by constantly getting to those positions where they can proceed glitched tackle. Grapple cancel is sometimes only way to dodge these tackles-out-of-nowhere.

On 23.5.2017 at 1:11 AM, nickmad92 said:

Poison bolt should be nerfed its a joke. Moment I get hit with one of those I bail.

Toxic and impact bolt do same damage (92hp[?] in 1vs1 scale). However impact bolt is 100% secure kill because that small extra damage provided by effect kicks in really fast. Toxicated hunter got time to UV heal. So you should be thankful when get hit by toxic :D.

Imo crossbow's damage is pretty good now. I find its higher damage justified: shooting that one bolt to fast moving hunter isnt easy. Of course some players (like me) use multiple bows to increase chances to hit, but at same time they also lose useful melee slot - like knife which is useful at nests.

I'd really like to get slow manually loaded firearms buffed. E.g. I love double barrel shotgun (dat reloading sound) but against Night hunter its like bb-gun. If successfully clearing both barrels to NH would correnspond somewhere near bows single hit damage, it would be good alternative to crossbow.

In my opinion most annoying bugs are (along with some others mentioned this thread):

(Tele) bombers - you are literally nowhere safe; ive been bombed in rooftops, safe houses and damn, even bottom of the river. Every player knows that feeling when they see in corner of eye, just for split second, red arrow coming towards with super speed.

Gas cans - Killing nests with gas cans is good tactic unless goons are around. If they manage to hit gas can (or even swing somewhere near it) explosion makes no damage to nest.

Goon respawn - If you push goon to water/out of rooftop or kill it, it sometimes spawns instantly back. (Im not sure but maybe killing it fast with crossbow headshot from far, before goon even makes first moving animation causes this bug?)

And well, the actual game breaking glitches - what this thread was all about -  I'd like to keep out of public forums, specially in case they arent possible to fix quickly with simple methods. Sent you PM Pete.

I've been tweaking more than initially planned :)

More tweaking requires more testing though.... I'll let you all know when something is ready and post a list of changes.  

Unfortunately I am unable to fix the instant tackle or instant spit without a full patch... We have just release a new tuner now.  Details of the changes here:

...and we are looking into the possibility of fixing these other issues in the future!

On 8.06.2017 at 11:22 PM, Pete Donnelly said:

Unfortunately I am unable to fix the instant tackle or instant spit without a full patch... We have just release a new tuner now.  Details of the changes here:

...and we are looking into the possibility of fixing these other issues in the future!

Lol? Why do i feel that that future is closer to eternity than a matter of month or twoo.

Instant spit stick have to be fixed only for weak GP, fully upgraded GPs doesn't allow you to do a stick at 99% ratio, it's more like 60-70% unless human hits something.

Some people are saying that GP+spit and Instant tackles were intended be devs from the begining. Is that true (it's kind of a bone of contention between people)? It would clarify a lot and end up some wars if you stated what was intended or not.

Edited by sanjyuubi

"Instant tackles" like the video above are not intended and GP-Spit was intended to work as the upgraded version.  The Hunter got some buffs to help him play without these as we will be looking to remove them as soon as possible :)