Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pete Donnelly

ZOMBIEFEST #3!!!

5 posts in this topic

The BTZ Hypermode is completely nuts this time around!  Both sides are insane! Lots of changes for this event.  Make sure you stop by to check it out this weekend! :)   

From a 1v1 perspective, I don't know how bad it is with more players.

Ok seriously this is broken and unfair. I literally lose matches because all a hunter has to do is either 1: UV shield and spitsmash the daylights out of me or 2: Tendril sprint at 200mph and tackle/fail-safe tackle with unpredictable speed. The extra charges for flares and grapple don't even help much. Plus the extra Ground Pound range is utterly broken. What a tie-breaker just make hunter op for another landslide win. I can understand if this is for fun, but it isnt fun knowing that i die because I can't do do anything about it.

Indeed these changes can be tough on survivor side, particularly in 1v1 scenario e.g. in old town.

But survivor dropkick AoE was out of this world and hilarious. With a good team, I saw hunters, myself not excluded, being passed around old town like a ball. Or a hunter arriving with light speed to attack a survivor on a lamp post in the slums only to get kicked in the face... and into the ocean while tendrelling at full speed. Big belly laughs for all of us. :lol:

It took me some time to understand "AoE of the dropkick is really THAT huge... that will really connect":huh:. It was also refreshing to see the spits and items not being of that much importance. As hunter, old town was the place to play as you have chances against more experienced survivors by connecting tackles on the roofs which instakill in many cases. Movement was so fun and liquid, I already miss it.

And as survivor I forgot about the items as I was too busy figuring out ways to get in a dropkick. I was almost sad doing DFAs, slashing nests or going for conventional moves. The contest was less "how many nest spawn kills?" for survivors but "How many times can you kick a hunter in the face?"; at least for yours truly.

And before anybody confuses this to imply that I would like the game mode to change towards something like this, I enjoyed the variety is all. Plus I'm for players' choice anyway so... The only small negative was that when there was lag, everything became too messy to follow what was going on and things could get quite unfair. But this was only an issue in one or two games, so not a real problem.

majority of the players enjoyed "normal mode" more, hypermode is always boring and broken as hell. I havent played this weekend due to this broken HYPERMODE. Only most addicted kids were playing during the HYPERMODE, but every "serious" player was waiting for its end. The worse thing is that i cant enjoy 1v1 now because live tuning patches are down again !!!!! Fot the f.ck sake, i dont have much time to play this game, but when i do and i am turning the game on after break i cant play because techland forgot to turn live tuning patches again !!!! I Hate them, how they can be so incompetent. 

On 4.04.2017 at 11:53 PM, EMtriX said:

majority of the players enjoyed "normal mode" more, hypermode is always boring and broken as hell. I havent played this weekend due to this broken HYPERMODE. Only most addicted kids were playing during the HYPERMODE, but every "serious" player was waiting for its end. The worse thing is that i cant enjoy 1v1 now because live tuning patches are down again !!!!! Fot the f.ck sake, i dont have much time to play this game, but when i do and i am turning the game on after break i cant play because techland forgot to turn live tuning patches again !!!! I Hate them, how they can be so incompetent. 

I saw those "serious" players having fun. Most of them switched to "not serious" mode, that's all.

Being serious about a computer game is sad thing.