Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vallon

How Is This Done?

22 posts in this topic

Here are two videos with marked times:

1. https://youtu.be/wU0CD9wY-vY?t=12m7s

2. https://youtu.be/zpO4_Kv8DrI?t=3m37s

It's an instantly-initiated Tackle after a Survivor has evaded one or after a failed Pounce. Doesn't require any frames of sprint or tendril/jump. I've only done this maybe three times for all my game time, recently two Hunters pulled it off against me as well - they barely landed and suddenly I was Tackled away. I'm almost convinced it's a major off-shot that has to do with the way you land, but maybe someone here knows otherwise.

It's because the Hunter is hitting a wall immediately after the failed tackle.  This allows them to regain control right away.  The Hunter then quickly initiates another tackle.  If there is no wall, the Hunter does not regain control until they hit the ground.

Hope that helps :)

It's because the Hunter is hitting a wall immediately after the failed tackle.  This allows them to regain control right away.  The Hunter then quickly initiates another tackle.  If there is no wall, the Hunter does not regain control until they hit the ground.

It's not as easy as just hitting a wall, I've already tried recreating it, and every time I needed visible (to both me and the Survivor) frames of sprint before I could Tackle again after failing and hitting a wall/object. It doesn't even make sense since the Hunter can't Tackle without sprint/tendril/jump land, which weren't needed for those instant Tackles in the videos.

Thanks for the answer anyway.

Edited by Vallon

Anybody figure out how to recreate this by now? Looks like fun.

Sometimes the game misses a few frames on PC, e.g. situations where dropkick and ground pound are close to simultaneous.

On these it is harder to tell because he is editing for mashup kind of footage, so he'll drop the frames purposefully. In the original examples you posted that didn't seem to be the case, but it also isn't unthinkable that the capture software and/or hardware might drop a couple of sprint frames for whatever reason. If it happens to you as survivor, there may be lag at play but since you said you experienced it as hunter, I am a bit baffled. Would indeed be nice if someone can recreate it.

He immediately regain control, but what about sprint, you need about 0.5s and a room to start running, but in the 2nd part he tackled the guy who was still in air after dodge immediatel by looking up. 2 tackles in one second.

Edited by sanjyuubi

Well done! Now that you are spreading how to to that glitched tackle, everybody are starting to use it. Some kids are even claiming that it is a technique that only PROs know.

Edited by sanjyuubi

Well done! Now that you are spreading how to to that glitched tackle, everybody are starting to use it. Some kids are even claiming that it is a technique that only PROs know.

"Glitched", as in Pete Donnelly referring to it? 

I only revealed how it's done to 2-3 other players, told them not to spread it but, of course, it was pointless - someone told one guy, then that guy spread it to all his friends and so on is what I imagine happened. Guess I should've just kept it for myself, which seemed selfish at the time.

Not that the move being known is necesarily bad. Finally the Hunter has an option after a failed Tackle rather than eat 60-120 points of damage, get DFA'd or just get swarmed by 3 Survivors and wrecked. On top of that, it's not something that works 100% of the time, so it's a gamble. With how horribly the game is tipped in the Survivors' favor when they're in a team, this is hardly even scratching the surface of what the Hunter needs in order to rival the other side.

As for your last sentence, there're literally 4 Hunters I can think of that even pose a threat to me because of that move, let alone these "pros" you speak of. It's not just about performing it, it's also about having the game sense opting when to and not use it, plus the reflexes to immediately switch tactics if it fails. Kids are inconsequential as the Hunter with or without it.

Edited by Vallon

This is a community forum where we hopefully post for community's benefit. And that includes players of all levels, no matter username win screenshots.

So coming here to tell folks that you're not going to tell them... Got to hand it to ya, man... Not bad.  :lol:  I mean if we're all really UFC, hard core, military, ninja, super soldier, zombie, super strong tough guys in reality guarding military secrets, then why are we playing zombie games on PC spamming keyboards?

Whatever. So just another situational trick, like the DFA's from Spinoza with the grappling hook. Not something that can be milked for wins because it's too particular. Doesn't change the fact that tackle generally in 1v1 is not only op, but is evidence of insufficient game design and/or testing. Sure, some of us love "the unique Dying Light" experience, but to outsiders, tackling through nearly every object in the game world feels cheap and is evidence for poor quality.

This is a community forum where we hopefully post for community's benefit. And that includes players of all levels, no matter username win screenshots.

So coming here to tell folks that you're not going to tell them... Got to hand it to ya, man... Not bad. :lol: I mean if we're all really UFC, hard core, military, ninja, super soldier, zombie, super strong tough guys in reality guarding military secrets, then why are we playing zombie games on PC spamming keyboards?

Yes well thing is many do in fact think they are super hardcore veterans who like to stroke each others shriveled ego by playing a game that handicaps one player against a possible 4. How can they give survivors infinite stamina? If they can easily see me, deplete my stamina and run around with no worry of other zombies, then it means hunter in a way has less dexterity than survivor even though he moves much faster.

Coming here and stating you know moves others don't, while spreading those shady tactics to others in your circle begins a new game, instead of cat and mouse it becomes Liar's dice! Which is hard enough when playing a game so many hack and mod.

So coming here to tell folks that you're not going to tell them... Got to hand it to ya, man... Not bad.  :lol:  I mean if we're all really UFC, hard core, military, ninja, super soldier, zombie, super strong tough guys in reality guarding military secrets, then why are we playing zombie games on PC spamming keyboards?

Whatever. So just another situational trick, like the DFA's from Spinoza with the grappling hook. Not something that can be milked for wins because it's too particular. Doesn't change the fact that tackle generally in 1v1 is not only op, but is evidence of insufficient game design and/or testing. Sure, some of us love "the unique Dying Light" experience, but to outsiders, tackling through nearly every object in the game world feels cheap and is evidence for poor quality.

The "community" apparently doesn't know what it wants - you imply the new Tackle is a benefit, while the other guy was upset too many people know of it. Make up your minds, maybe? Not that I'm obliged to listen to someone who does not even play the game competitively, as per your own words. Going to just ignore all the mocking in your post.

"Doesn't change the fact that tackle generally in 1v1 is op"

^ That quote is enough to take everything you say with a large grain of salt, I mean it is seriously too much. I don't even know how someone who's supposedly played the PvP of this game for one/two years can still have such a flawed understanding of the balance in it, though at the same time it's quite obvious you're just advocating for the only side you play. Instead of looking at it from an unbiased point of view and trying to also see what the Hunter's abilities and limits are, all your posts consist of one-sided bias towards the Survivor - something easily recognizable by just how wrong you are in your assessments concerning both sides. So don't give me that community speech, because all you're realistically catering to is your own selfish wants.

Edited by Vallon

Coming here and stating you know moves others don't, while spreading those shady tactics to others in your circle begins a new game, instead of cat and mouse it becomes Liar's dice! Which is hard enough when playing a game so many hack and mod.

People were already using the move before he posted this. In his first post he's asking if anyone knows how it's done, he's not saying he knows a secret technique that others don't.

I only revealed how it's done to 2-3 other players, told them not to spread it but, of course, it was pointless - someone told one guy, then that guy spread it to all his friends and so on is what I imagine happened. Guess I should've just kept it for myself, which seemed selfish at the time.

This means Vallon knows how it's done, is holding that fact in everybody's face, and is not sharing it here... for whatever reason. But since Vallon has uncovered my purely selfish wants, I guess I'm cornered. :lol:

And no, I do not play competitively. That would imply putting serious time and resources behind my game play, which just isn't in the cards because I don't see any real rewards: show me something more interesting than 50 Euro competitions held in shady, undefined circumstances, or lay out a competition yourself with proper arbitration, hotel accommodation, presence of devs as arbiters, and a proper prize fund. Something like that would reflect competitive play.

Without some real world event and more robust build of the game, removing lag concerns, formalized standards and rules of play, proper standards of arbitration, competitive play is a game you play with yourself in your head. And no, I'm not dictating what mindset or approach folks should have to their games. But everybody that knows my playing habits online, as hunter or survivor, knows I'll play good survivors and get the chupacabra beaten out of me, and knows that I'll team up with anybody on a public open coop setting, including total prey beginners, and get beaten quite frequently by mediocre hunters.

This game mode is an interesting interruption for me, but I control my game play and not the other way around. If I want competition in my game play, I'd play the games most suited for that. Techland isn't specialized in this area, so it is unreasonable to raise CS type of competitive expectations. Yes, I play casually for: the fun of the thing, for the funny folks one meets online, the cheap puns and bad jokes in conversations, the try-hard must win competitive types that insult all others because it makes 'em feel better about themselves... all of 'em.   

This means Vallon knows how it's done, is holding that fact in everybody's face, and is not sharing it here... for whatever reason. But since Vallon has uncovered my purely selfish wants, I guess I'm cornered. :lol:

And no, I do not play competitively. That would imply putting serious time and resources behind my game play, which just isn't in the cards because I don't see any real rewards: show me something more interesting than 50 Euro competitions held in shady, undefined circumstances, or lay out a competition yourself with proper arbitration, hotel accommodation, presence of devs as arbiters, and a proper prize fund. Something like that would reflect competitive play.

Without some real world event and more robust build of the game, removing lag concerns, formalized standards and rules of play, proper standards of arbitration, competitive play is a game you play with yourself in your head. And no, I'm not dictating what mindset or approach folks should have to their games. But everybody that knows my playing habits online, as hunter or survivor, knows I'll play good survivors and get the chupacabra beaten out of me, and knows that I'll team up with anybody on a public open coop setting, including total prey beginners, and get beaten quite frequently by mediocre hunters.

This game mode is an interesting interruption for me, but I control my game play and not the other way around. If I want competition in my game play, I'd play the games most suited for that. Techland isn't specialized in this area, so it is unreasonable to raise CS type of competitive expectations. Yes, I play casually for: the fun of the thing, for the funny folks one meets online, the cheap puns and bad jokes in conversations, the try-hard must win competitive types that insult all others because it makes 'em feel better about themselves... all of 'em.   

Then why don't you go ahead and spare everyone your inconsequential views on the game or games in general? You obviously don't know it as well as other players who've played it more, thus their understanding and opinion holding more merit than yours. Among displaying your bias and mocking abilities, your posts in this thread bring nothing except attempts at conflict starting, all the while self-glorifying and clearly trying to push the BS that you're somehow above people who play this game competitively. As if.

"I control my gameplay, not the other way around" ...... This quote, though. I bet it sounded cool in your head.

Don't even get me started on the bold, I haven't read something so stupid in quite a while. Apparently, to Chickeninja not having a hotel, officially moderated event in a fancy city and a big prize pool means playing competitive cannot be anything but worthless. So, what does that make 98% of the CS players who still play competitively but never make it to such events? Guess they're all just "playing in their head": pathetic for you, I'd assume. The funny thing is, you're equally as worthless to them as they are to you.

Lastly, don't quote without understanding what I said. At the time I made the thread I had no idea how it's done and only found out about it around a month after, so you can stop with the whole me coming in here just to say that I won't tell how it's done. Since it's quite obvious you want to know the Tackle, just associate with some of the more competitive players, most know it by now. Some Xbox players are also aware of it. You think a separate thread on these forums was made for each new discovery, helping your "community"? The founder telling a few people and/or showing it in a video is how all of the tricks/tactics in this game got spread: reverse flare, GP-spit, Tendril speed, Grapple to DFA and so much more. Get in the game, ask around, drop the I-don't-care facade and you'll eventually be told. 

Edited by Vallon

Don't even get me started on the bold, I haven't read something so stupid in quite a while. Apparently, to Chickeninja not having a hotel, officially moderated event in a fancy city and a big prize pool means playing competitive cannot be anything but worthless. So, what does that make 98% of the CS players who still play competitively but never make it to such events? Guess they're all just "playing in their head": pathetic for you, I'd assume.

The 99.9% play for fun, hopefully understanding that they pay a commercial business for an immersive adult gaming experience. And in-game, sure: everybody is competitive, otherwise the concept of a game falls apart. But if people mistake in-game competitiveness for genuine competition and real stakes, then that can be bad for 'em because it's logically equivalent to not being able to tell the difference between their in-game inventory, accomplishments and their resources/accomplishments in life. 

I don't even see why you get defensive on this, as there's nothing wrong with that if you're pro-player in a context that genuinely rewards you. All glory to you then for the good work! If not, hopefully you at least have some fun. And no worries, mate: I'm not interested in squeezing the tackle out of you. But if you'd share it, I'd listen as I imagine anybody in the community would, as I indicated in the beginning of the thread. There is no I-don't-care facade here. But what do you expect? Applause? Ok, nice find and thanks for not telling us!

hey chickenninja, to do this glitched tackle which shouldn't be in the game you have to initiate first tackle, after first missed tackle dont let go the tackle button, hold it, dont move and turn around, just dont move after missed tackle in any direction !!!, hunter will do another automatically from standstill. Additional effect of this glitched tackle is 50% damage reduction. Some players are keeping this "secret" technique for themselves  because they want to have unfair advantage against other players so they can feel powerful... Some pepole argue that it is fair because it is in the game but blocking spits with shield also was in the game and was patched because at that time devs care about palyers, now they dont give a damn.

Jeez if shield had stayed I would have left a long time ago..I was worried reporting the grapple cancel airjump here would mean everyone would use it. But I was wrong, only a few tools like to indulge..

I don't know why Vallon should fear other players adopting this move if he let's his friends in on the other exploits around. I don't like playing his crowd as they ALL use these nasty tactics. Then claim cause it's possible that's it's okay. Anything is possible but that doesn't make it right, especially for a game most consider to be competitive in nature. It's funny cause Techland like to put it out there that they care about their fanbase. If they were here asking the Vets what's needed and wanted then I would imagine the next multiplayer to be legendary.

But to me I feel BtZ/multiplayer was made just to encourage users/existing players to get their friends to also buy the game. But I don't think many like to play alone against 4 other people who talk trash and flash lights in your face. Especially with survivors being Godlike with infinite stamina the ability to heal instantly always and can cloak better than hunter! Nvm dfa, poison bolt and 2 handed.

Good for you emtrix for not being a typical survivor. Respect.

hey chickenninja, to do this glitched tackle which shouldn't be in the game you have to initiate first tackle, after first missed tackle dont let go the tackle button, hold it, dont move and turn around, just dont move after missed tackle in any direction !!!, hunter will do another automatically from standstill.

Ok and thanks for sharing. But you still have to look in the right direction of the next survivor without moving a step I guess, which makes it something for only advanced hunters in special situations. Given this, I think the move is fair in situations of 3 or 4 survivors. With 2 survivors in cramped space, I'd be less sure. Depends if it can be chained indefinitely.

The claim that because something is possible, it's ok, would permit auto-crossbow and other nonsense. And really? Folks are using the grapple air jump to do DFAs and catching fast hunters such as yourselves? I'd have thought that move is too slow. Hope I can get back to playing soon again, and see what's going on. Take it easy guys. :)  

Edited by Chickeninja

So I checked, and while it can be chained indefinitely, a survivor can just keep hitting with 2 handed, and even with half damage, will eventually kill hunter.

Works out of recovering from failed tackle and after missed pounce.

Have also observed most active hunters to not be playing due to the flare situation. And again, instead of taking sides, I advocate more transparency in player control from both sides: a hunter should know the settings of the host b4 they decide to engage a game. For example, a survivor should have the choice of playing with one or two flares, and this choice should be visible to hunter.

It's been a long time since I've been able to equalize a game, while taking care of prey level survivors, and showing them how to hold a lamp. For months, due to lock on flares and Nightmare mode, I usually always loose those games.  Again, if folks want super-competitive games, they should be friends with similarly minded folks and play their heads and fingers off locking themselves in rooms, no problem. Pick the guys on Nightmare with a single flare, with survivors all clocking thousand or more hours.

If a hunter takes on a challenge: normal mode with flare city => reward the hunter and/or grant him more resources, even in case of loss.

If a survivor takes on a challenge, armed only with single flare on Nightmare against experienced hunter, then he should receive rewards and/or more resources in other ways as well, even if he looses. Globally, people should have the game informing them on their odds with invasions beyond the warning.

And yeah, I know people are going to want to hurl insults at me, tell me to shut up and so I'm doing it myself: "Chicken shut up already, you're such a noob!" And that's fine because I can still have this opinion regardless. I am aware that my opinion is considered stupid by many, so no need for you to waste time posting, unless you can be constructive: I've insulted myself for you already. Too weak, too slow you guys.  :lol: 

On 22.02.2017 at 1:23 AM, Vallon said:

"Glitched", as in Pete Donnelly referring to it? 

Not that the move being known is necesarily bad. Finally the Hunter has an option after a failed Tackle rather than eat 60-120 points of damage, get DFA'd or just get swarmed by 3 Survivors and wrecked. On top of that, it's not something that works 100% of the time, so it's a gamble. With how horribly the game is tipped in the Survivors' favor when they're in a team, this is hardly even scratching the surface of what the Hunter needs in order to rival the other side.

As for your last sentence, there're literally 4 Hunters I can think of that even pose a threat to me because of that move, let alone these "pros" you speak of. It's not just about performing it, it's also about having the game sense opting when to and not use it, plus the reflexes to immediately switch tactics if it fails. Kids are inconsequential as the Hunter with or without it.

It doesn't matter how one reffers to. The fact remains that you're (and your ex-worshippers who are removing you from friend lists recently) exploiting flaws in game mechanics.

It's not an good option, if anything, you should be able to escape or to push human away, not to deal most times undodgeable attack you, It's like rewarding your failure, but since you're trying so hard even with double instant tackles in a wall-lock on the noobs (and even instant tackles while having 0 stamina), i don't know if this conversation have an point.

So the game sense is all about when to switch to glitches and exploits? That is rather shamefull for high caliber players, but here you are with your skill but still trying hard to win like you're life depend on.

Invent something to counter failed GP and the movest will be complete.

Have fun.

Edited by sanjyuubi