Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gespenst

Boss Killing Tips (Don't Follow, Spoilers Inside)

Question

I play on nightmare and understand that it is supposed to be difficult. Main game is actually not that difficult and the Following wouldn't be, besides just one thing.

Everything is fine, the game is playable, not that difficult actually.

The only problem is the "Mother" boss. I figured that the best tactic is to stay on the top and kick her down, regenerate health and occasionally punch her in the face when you don't mind to get punched back. Decent tactic and with any luck you can put her health level down to like 35-45%. After that it becomes significantly harder as she screams all the time and each scream is ~50 HP and jumps on you. Running away from screams is even worse than waiting patiently nearby as she teleports and each time she does that she screams so running away is a very robust way to kill yourself.

My char is maxed of course and has a dozen legendary levels, almost half of which are in hand-to-hand and another in firearms and 2 in health (pathetic +6 HP). HtH should boost my damage x60 (or x75?) but it doesn't seem to be working well or limited in some way... punching or even dropkicking a regular zombie takes a very long time. Not sure if this even works against bosses.

I'm a pretty seasoned fighter I can tell, I can survive for whole night in old town killing tens of volatiles/advanced volatiles and self-exploding screaming yellow dudes meanwhile using cars and other traps. And yet...

Hard to tell how many times I've tried, surely several hundred fights, maybe even 1000+ -- still can't beat her.

Has anyone ever beaten her on nightmare? What am I doing wrong here?

I play on xbox if it makes any difference.

Edited by gespenst

1 answer to this question

Decided I will follow up.

I killed her and at the end it looked easy.

In order to do that I had to rack up 105 legendary levels, majority of which I invested into health-related legendary skills. It took me several months to level up on top of work, family and study time. To get the idea how much effort did it take, at the end I had 303 bolter tissue samples and up to 1000 demolisher kills.

With that much health I was able to kill her easily.