220 posts in this topic

At 7:08 on the first vid.

What was the bug they didn't fix?

Was it you pouncing through the flare?

Its not the bug, flare doesnt work on outer rings if human is too far from the flare effect radius.

Its not the bug, flare doesnt work on outer rings if human is too far from the flare effect radius.

Aww, I wanted to believe it was...

Well either way thanks for telling me, now I can take better advantage of this :D

Fun fact: If you tackle a Human near a flare it will fling the flare away. (This started happening after the tackle AOE update was released)

Is this happening on the console? Never noticed this on PC.

To counter everything: Use UV shield -> spit towards an enemy when close -> pounce/tackle -> get rekt

Jump and spam GP if that's a possibility.

Notice how I'm extremely far from playing perfect and still end up winning decisively

Nah, you won decisively because you were extremely lucky, and I truly hate to say that, but I'll give a few examples from your video.

1:08 - Extremely lucky, because the survivor was using a crossbow. If it was a melee weapon, you'd have lost a nest already.

2:24 - Double bomber kill: saved by the bomb.

3:04 - Survivors didn't use UV light for some reason, if they did then you would be toast.

8:24 - Same

Just a few examples, but not to offend you, I'm saying that the only way to win against survivors who know what they are doing is through luck, because of the horrible unbalance, I have made a whole thread dedicated to that: http://forum.techland.pl/topic/12183-techland-please-balance-be-the-zombie-mode/

players playing Survivor or Hunter do make mistake, even the top players make mistake, and that mistake equal opportunity to the opponent, so you can't say its because he is extremely lucky.

double bomber kill also need a skill to spit the survivor, 3:04 & 8:24 you can hear their uv light empty sound, so that's why they didn't use the uv, and at 8:24 the other guy are probably looking for his weapon which can happen when you throw them

and i don't see you posted your video here where you show where the horrible unbalance occur. as for the rest of us it's balanced enough which they just need to keep updating the game to fix the bug & the cheaters.

Nah, you won decisively because you were extremely lucky, and I truly hate to say that, but I'll give a few examples from your video.

1:08 - Extremely lucky, because the survivor was using a crossbow. If it was a melee weapon, you'd have lost a nest already.

2:24 - Double bomber kill: saved by the bomb.

3:04 - Survivors didn't use UV light for some reason, if they did then you would be toast.

8:24 - Same

Just a few examples, but not to offend you, I'm saying that the only way to win against survivors who know what they are doing is through luck, because of the horrible unbalance, I have made a whole thread dedicated to that: http://forum.techland.pl/topic/12183-techland-please-balance-be-the-zombie-mode/

Hey guys. These videos are old but I think you'll enjoy. And also to honor Kobes retirement.. My main Canadian dunking some fools.

And a longer one..

Edited by jonnyallen3

players playing Survivor or Hunter do make mistake, even the top players make mistake, and that mistake equal opportunity to the opponent, so you can't say its because he is extremely lucky.

double bomber kill also need a skill to spit the survivor, 3:04 & 8:24 you can hear their uv light empty sound, so that's why they didn't use the uv, and at 8:24 the other guy are probably looking for his weapon which can happen when you throw them

and i don't see you posted your video here where you show where the horrible unbalance occur. as for the rest of us it's balanced enough which they just need to keep updating the game to fix the bug & the cheaters.

"as for the rest of us it's balanced enough" No, YOU are lucky to not have faced any skillful survivors at all, or you are very skilled as the Night Hunter. Unbalance remains unbalance. It is a fact and you can't try to opiniate them. It is a fact because human combat is too forgiving while NH combat is too unforgiving. "Mistake equals opportunity." Is true, but in this gamemode it is the ONLY way to win as the NH. Try and beat skilled humans any way else?

As for me not posting videos, is because I don't have an appropriate screen recorder. If you'd gift me one, then I'd be very happy to provide you with some very serious footage of human bullshit.

Hey guys. These videos are old but I think you'll enjoy. And also to honor Kobes retirement.. My main Canadian dunking some fools.

And a longer one..

I agree that the hunter was a fool sometimes, but at other times he didn't really have a chance, because RDA is the most bs move ever. There isn't even a penalty for failing it. This video perfectly shows human overpoweredness in a nutshell.

Nvidia Shadowplay is free, http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/shadowplay

Bandicam offer free version, actionrecorder.com also offer 30 days trial

NH in following updates gains more speed and many more buff and with the glitch speed you can basically be the flash,  if the human keep dodging, fake a tackle and spit stick them instead or use the glitch speed to go behind them as tackling from behind the human can't dodge.

if you get dfa'ed a lot then start looking at your minimap if you play against more than 1 survivor and know your surrounding, and never stay still when you know there's a survivor at roof and you are in the ground, so you know when the human are baiting you for spike/DFA and like when he standing near spike, or when the human standing at the edge of the roof waiting for you to pounce,GP them instead

don't waste spit, always use spit-pounce or spit-tackle combo, or use uv block-uv spit-pounce/tackle for an easy pounce

and many more tips here, maybe try them first before you start complaining it's unbalanced.

"as for the rest of us it's balanced enough" No, YOU are lucky to not have faced any skillful survivors at all, or you are very skilled as the Night Hunter. Unbalance remains unbalance. It is a fact and you can't try to opiniate them. It is a fact because human combat is too forgiving while NH combat is too unforgiving. "Mistake equals opportunity." Is true, but in this gamemode it is the ONLY way to win as the NH. Try and beat skilled humans any way else?

As for me not posting videos, is because I don't have an appropriate screen recorder. If you'd gift me one, then I'd be very happy to provide you with some very serious footage of human bullshit.

NH in following updates gains more speed and many more buff and with the glitch speed you can basically be the flash,  if the human keep dodging, fake a tackle and spit stick them instead or use the glitch speed to go behind them as tackling from behind the human can't dodge.

if you get dfa'ed a lot then start looking at your minimap if you play against more than 1 survivor and know your surrounding, and never stay still when you know there's a survivor at roof and you are in the ground, so you know when the human are baiting you for spike/DFA and like when he standing near spike, or when the human standing at the edge of the roof waiting for you to pounce,GP them instead

don't waste spit, always use spit-pounce or spit-tackle combo, or use uv block-uv spit-pounce/tackle for an easy pounce

and many more tips here, maybe try them first before you start complaining it's unbalanced.

Why don't you get it? Unbalance is a FACT, not an opinion. You say I have to get better, I definitely do, but this is exactly what unbalance is. Basically the survivors DO NOT need to get better. Night Hunters DO need to get better, otherwise we would lose instantly. Are you still not connecting the dots? We need to be TWICE as good as the survivors to win. Is it FINALLY clear to you? You say I get DFA'd alot and that I have to look at the minimap. But what do the survivors have to do? Jump off a roof. Yes, exactly that. W + Spacebar. Why don't they need to pay attention to the minimap when they've got a buddy around distracting the Night Hunter? Unbalance! They don't need to do a single chupacabra to win. I've concluded this from multiple observations in my games. It always goes like this: 4 survivors are playing, I spit on them, they spam flares and cover each other's backs, I groundpound and they recover, they go full-on gangbang on me, without even needing skill, while I'm playing the juice out of my computer just to survive. Who is the hunter here? The NIGHT HUNTER or the HUMANS/SURVIVORS? THE NIGHT HUNTER IS THE SURVIVOR. 

You need to have perspective from BOTH sides, before telling me to get good.

It always goes like this: 4 survivors are playing, I spit on them, they spam flares and cover each other's backs, I groundpound and they recover, they go full-on gangbang on me, without even needing skill, while I'm playing the juice out of my computer just to survive. Who is the hunter here? The NIGHT HUNTER or the HUMANS/SURVIVORS? THE NIGHT HUNTER IS THE SURVIVOR. 

So you mean, you attack 4 survivors in this same time, and you get killed? Why you do this? Humans are not connected 5 meters rope :|. Attack when they climb/use grapplehook and other humans is not near. Never pounce when someone stay on roof (if you have "skill" you can block DfA sometimes - I mean block, not dodge). 

Edited by Tochotto

So you mean, you attack 4 survivors in this same time, and you get killed? Why you do this? Humans are not connected 5 meters rope :|. Attack when they climb/use grapplehook and other humans is not near. Never pounce when someone stay on roof (if you have "skill" you can block DfA sometimes - I mean block, not dodge). 

They travel in groups all the time lol. I can NEVER EVER succesfully get a kill, because they cover each others backs with UV light and when they die and I get killed, they just get revived.

NH in following updates gains more speed and many more buff and with the glitch speed you can basically be the flash, if the human keep dodging, fake a tackle and spit stick them instead or use the glitch speed to go behind them as tackling from behind the human can't dodge.

Thank You!!! Someone who gets that the maybe players need to change their play styles if the game mode is really that challenging for them.

Thank You!!! Someone who gets that the maybe players need to change their play styles if the game mode is really that challenging for them.

LOL you truly are ignorant. WHAT PART OF UNBALANCE DO YOU NOT GET? IF N-I-G-H-T-H-U-N-T-E-R-S ARE FORCED TO CHANGE THEIR PLAYSTYLE BUT H-U-M-A-N-S CAN KEEP THEIR SPAM TACTIC, HOW IS IT THAT THE MODE IS TOTALLY BALANCED? Your logic truly is equal to creationists lol

LOL you truly are ignorant. WHAT PART OF UNBALANCE DO YOU NOT GET? IF N-I-G-H-T-H-U-N-T-E-R-S ARE FORCED TO CHANGE THEIR PLAYSTYLE BUT H-U-M-A-N-S CAN KEEP THEIR SPAM TACTIC, HOW IS IT THAT THE MODE IS TOTALLY BALANCED? Your logic truly is equal to creationists lol

I'm ignorant? Yet you keep screaming "BUFF ME, BUFF ME!" Something obviously isn't working for you if you feel that way. Night Hunters spam more than Survivors and humans also have to change play styles if their current one isn't working for them either. Maybe you should just buy a new game or something... Being salty and typing in all caps isn't going to give you the balance YOU so badly want.

how is that a fact when most of us here feel it's balanced enough? so it is your opinion, not a fact.

when you have 4 human players that are in tight group, use spit smash uv, the gp will disable the flare and make their uv light disable so you can get an easy pounce, or throw a horde spit to scatter them and single one of them out

GP, tackle even pounce have knock back effect to human that are in the radius so they just can't gangbang you except if you failed the GP

for a human to do DFA they do need to know where is the location of the hunter, either by looking directly at you or by looking at the minimap, do you ever play as human in btz mode? because like you said you need to have perspective from both side.

btw i still don't see a video from you

Why don't you get it? Unbalance is a FACT, not an opinion. You say I have to get better, I definitely do, but this is exactly what unbalance is. Basically the survivors DO NOT need to get better. Night Hunters DO need to get better, otherwise we would lose instantly. Are you still not connecting the dots? We need to be TWICE as good as the survivors to win. Is it FINALLY clear to you? You say I get DFA'd alot and that I have to look at the minimap. But what do the survivors have to do? Jump off a roof. Yes, exactly that. W + Spacebar. Why don't they need to pay attention to the minimap when they've got a buddy around distracting the Night Hunter? Unbalance! They don't need to do a single chupacabra to win. I've concluded this from multiple observations in my games. It always goes like this: 4 survivors are playing, I spit on them, they spam flares and cover each other's backs, I groundpound and they recover, they go full-on gangbang on me, without even needing skill, while I'm playing the juice out of my computer just to survive. Who is the hunter here? The NIGHT HUNTER or the HUMANS/SURVIVORS? THE NIGHT HUNTER IS THE SURVIVOR. 

Excelente answer! I agree with you! +1 rep

I'm ignorant? Yet you keep screaming "BUFF ME, BUFF ME!" Something obviously isn't working for you if you feel that way. Night Hunters spam more than Survivors and humans also have to change play styles if their current one isn't working for them either. Maybe you should just buy a new game or something... Being salty and typing in all caps isn't going to give you the balance YOU so badly want.

Lol do you even know why the hunter needs to spam? It is COMPENSATION. Given the limited abilities the night hunter has to work with, which in 90% he doesn't even get to use, it is a necessity. And how on earth do the survivors have to change playstyle? Seriously this is where you guys have holes in your logic.

how is that a fact when most of us here feel it's balanced enough? so it is your opinion, not a fact.

when you have 4 human players that are in tight group, use spit smash uv, the gp will disable the flare and make their uv light disable so you can get an easy pounce, or throw a horde spit to scatter them and single one of them out

GP, tackle even pounce have knock back effect to human that are in the radius so they just can't gangbang you except if you failed the GP

for a human to do DFA they do need to know where is the location of the hunter, either by looking directly at you or by looking at the minimap, do you ever play as human in btz mode? because like you said you need to have perspective from both side.

btw i still don't see a video from you

-People feel that it's balanced enough, because either they are really good at this, or the opponents they had faced were too bad. It is a fact, because if you face the same-skill human players, you will get wrecked.

-Nah, the humans were too spread out but very close at the same time, so UV slam wouldn't have worked. I managed to spit on them multiple times, but they kept covering each other with UV, and UV flares. They would grapple away any chance I had to kill.

-You can stop talking about the knockback, because the survivors actually knew how to dodge.

-I have played human for the past 9 months lol, it doesn't take any skill to do that move. You'll know his exact location, because your buddy engages with him and then you grapple to a roof and jump off. There really is no difficulty involved, so try again.

-The video has already been uploaded as of yesterday night:

Edited by Oceanian

Here's one for you guys a new hardcore strategy i've been trying out to mix it up a little, partly as open games have dwindled quite a bit this month with my high level hunter... seems to be working better than expected lol

Here's one for you guys a new hardcore strategy i've been trying out to mix it up a little, partly as open games have dwindled quite a bit this month with my high level hunter... seems to be working better than expected lol

What is the strategy actually?

What is the strategy actually?

It's all in the video which answers the most basic fundamental question, we Hunters ask ourselves each and every day...

Seriously tho was part joke to derail the above conversation, part answer some balancing allegations and get back on track.

Aim in this video is to make the game as hard as possible then to see if a win is still possible as a hunter, i did the same as a human a while back now its Hunters turn. Check my signature for more.

Edit: sneaks in a video, this one showing some stalking, how not to use flares with a bit of bridge trolling for good measure on the country side map, that most Hunters dread playing on for some reason... it's my fave map.

Edited by smc

so in that video you make so many mistake and still manage to win and you still complain it's unbalance for hunter? are you trolling?

Lol do you even know why the hunter needs to spam? It is COMPENSATION. Given the limited abilities the night hunter has to work with, which in 90% he doesn't even get to use, it is a necessity. And how on earth do the survivors have to change playstyle? Seriously this is where you guys have holes in your logic.
-People feel that it's balanced enough, because either they are really good at this, or the opponents they had faced were too bad. It is a fact, because if you face the same-skill human players, you will get wrecked.

-Nah, the humans were too spread out but very close at the same time, so UV slam wouldn't have worked. I managed to spit on them multiple times, but they kept covering each other with UV, and UV flares. They would grapple away any chance I had to kill.

-You can stop talking about the knockback, because the survivors actually knew how to dodge.

-I have played human for the past 9 months lol, it doesn't take any skill to do that move. You'll know his exact location, because your buddy engages with him and then you grapple to a roof and jump off. There really is no difficulty involved, so try again.

-The video has already been uploaded as of yesterday night:

so in that video you make so many mistake and still manage to win and you still complain it's unbalance for hunter? are you trolling?

Lol it's not about me winning or not, because it might as well have been luck. It's about me being forgiven for mistakes or not. Each and every time I fail my groundpound, I am 100% guaranteed to be killed. Survivors dropkick spam and RDA spam all the time and don't get even minor punishments for failing them. Just look at the start. RDA from 5 CM above me lolol

True. A lot of mistakes. Like pounce when human stay close to flare (WTF?)

People still say "Hunter need buff". For Human 1vs1 skillful Hunter (not all skills unlocked, but some of this useful) is hard to beat sometimes.

In the true to beat skillful Humans need have skill too (Skill = Strategy/Tactics/Patience + Accuracy)

Buffing Hunter more will make some unbalances for 1vs1 games. If players have problem with Drop Kick/Death from Above, so it should be deleted or what?

Its PVP, so none know what other player do.

Drop Kick&Ground Pound spamming - what is that? Use this same attack 1 or more times is illegal?

I read somewhere "Spit is useles" - So don't use it!

Ranged weapons huh? Night Hunter have tendrils, so do not stand like a snowman in the snow.

Problem with Death from Above? Never stay under a human! Its your bad! You can still block DfA by Tackle sometimes.

Best way is fix all of Be The Zombie bugs/glitches, next try to balance something.

But if you "really have problems", good idea is disable weapons swap by Human during Tackle/Pounce/Ground Pound (hit) animation.

And the most important ----> Respect Other Players!

Still sorry for english :‹

Edited by Tochotto