Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shockwave

Unable To Trade Disaster Releief Packages

9 posts in this topic

I have played through most of DL with 2 friends. I am generally the better player and tend to out level them both over time. We used the disaster relief packages to equalize our survival levels originally (all going up to the next survival level at the same time) with them using more packages than I did. Then we did the same with Legend Levels.

As of this patch, I can no longer give them my disaster relief packages. They had been using theirs until they ran out and then were going to use mine (I haven't used many). I have 43 packages saved up and suddenly today I can't give them to my friends. If I use them I will get 6 or 7 levels more ahead of them than I already am.

We can still trade weapons, but when I drop a relief package on the ground They can not pick it up. Is this intentional? If so it's really lame. there really isn't a reason to stop the swap of relief packages among friends.

I'm disappointed with this removal. I also uses the disaster crates to introduce more people to the game and show them the potential and how fun the grappling hook was before they played legitly. This is just another case of some people ruining it for the rest of us and I don't see why TL would remove it. It's not like it affects them negatively and it keeps people playing there game. I hope they bring this feature back.

yes the change is intentional, their idea is to stop people duping the DRP and giving them to their friend and instead to try people to coop together to get airdrop or do a quarantine mission

and it does give negative effect to them, since legend level are supposed take months to max, and yet due to duping there is so many maxed level now

I understand why some people feel the dups and sharing of DRP should be fixed. However I feel that if you want to play a clean game don't use the various kurczak bugs and play your game with others of the same mindset. If some of us want to use the cheats and play with others that do also,  let us play our the game the way we want to.  I only play with friends so you won't see me playing in your precious pure game. The latest patch may have fixed the kurczak but it now causes me to just be dropped from the game 3 or 4 times an hour when playing co-op. So take the patch and stuff it, it broke more than it fixed.

People were duping and using them to gain levels and trade for gold gear. Now people have to do it legit and im glad

I wish this had been done from the start tho... I have to admit it kinda pisses me off that when playing co-op everyone is level 250 (perhaps not everyone but more than most I encounter).

So it seem the rest of us have to do it the correct way which I don't mind at all but still... 

Oh I didn't know of this.i really didn't see it as cheating because I collected my packages fair and square and should be able to trade (for the right price) negotiating is a great part of dying light.when we see a human AI fighting like 3 zombies we gamble on it usually for money.....man Harran has turned us into sick individuals. But I understand it and don't mind it

Edited by SOUR NIGHTMARES

Oh I didn't know of this.i really didn't see it as cheating because I collected my packages fair and square and should be able to trade (for the right price) negotiating is a great part of dying light.when we see a human AI fighting like 3 zombies we gamble on it usually for money.....man Harran has turned us into sick individuals. But I understand it and don't mind it

Whats funny is that Techland hasn't fixed duping at all yet changed this anyway. It's still easy to dupe any kind of item both on PC and consoles with plenty of information online.

They've essentially put a band-aid on an open wound.