Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChronicPanda

Dead Island: Definitive Collection ?

6 posts in this topic

So today I've found out the original Dead Island series is being revamped for next gen. I would like to ask a few questions to any techland members on here. 

Q1: It seems that Techland was involved with deep silver again to make this "definitive" edition. Is this true ?

Q2: If you were actually involved, is this version of Dead Island running on Chrome engine 6 or an improved version of Chrome engine  5 ?

I quite find it surprising that there's a new version of Dead Island coming out. Dead Island is one of my favorite games, due to the unique tropical setting and even though the story wasn't that great, I still enjoyed it very much. Dying light is also one of my favorites, I could say so much about why I like Dying light, but that would turn into a very long page lol. I would say one of my favorite things about Dying Light is the horror aspect, which other zombie games lack.

UPDATE: So I found out Dead Island is ported to chrome 6 which is GREAT !!!!!!

I was about the create a post to ask the same thing haha (if Techland has anything to do with this)

The Dead Island franchise is what it is only thanks to Techland. It wouldn't be recognized at all if it weren't for DI1 and Riptide.

I got EXTREMELY hyped when I saw the announcement of an enhanced edition of two of my favorite games of all time, and all I could think of was "PLEASE tell me Techland is involved in this". I have no faith at all in Deep Silver.

UPDATE: So I found out Dead Island is ported to chrome 6 which is GREAT !!!!!!

Where did you find this information? Chrome is Techland's engine, so that would make it official that Techland's behind it.

I was about the create a post to ask the same thing haha (if Techland has anything to do with this)

The Dead Island franchise is what it is only thanks to Techland. It wouldn't be recognized at all if it weren't for DI1 and Riptide.

I got EXTREMELY hyped when I saw the announcement of an enhanced edition of two of my favorite games of all time, and all I could think of was "PLEASE tell me Techland is involved in this". I have no faith at all in Deep Silver.

Where did you find this information? Chrome is Techland's engine, so that would make it official that Techland's behind it.

I found that info on deep silver's website https://www.deepsilver.com/news/newsdetails/article/dead-island-definitive-collection-1/

It's possible that techland had some involvement in this project, but idk for sure. So yes it is running on Chrome engine 6 apparently

I've looked at the main video and some screenshots and it seems that the new version of Dead Island is a lot more crisp and vibrant than the previous version. Plus the npc models look a lot more clear than the oddly blurry/shiny/plastic npc models in the old version. Don't forget about the new lighting system too, it looks great. I hope that the bugs get fixed up and that the number of zombies are increased.

Thanks for the link of Deep Silver's announcement post, all that info seems promissing.  :D

But still it would be awesome if anybody from Techland around here could answer just a yes or no on the first question you asked at the beginning

Q1: It seems that Techland was involved with deep silver again to make this "definitive" edition. Is this true ?

I'm just really curious about this because: I'm obviously gonna buy this Dead Island redux collection no matter what (lol) BUT if Techland is actually behind the remastering I'll be 100% certain that it's being handled from devs who know what they're doing and it's gonna be a bold product, not just a copy-paste of the same games with some sharpening and more vibrant colors. As I said before, I have no faith in Deep Silver. The material they milked the franchise with after the departure with Techland were total money-grubbing bad jokes. Ok, maybe they were lower-budget games, but still garbage in every way, shape and form. And overpriced. (let's not forget the initial price of the cheapass disastrous Escape Dead Island kept the 40usd tag for months after release until they were forced to lower it due to the "wonderful" reception from critics and fans alike).

Edited by Ultrawired

Thanks for the link of Deep Silver's announcement post, all that info seems promissing.  :D

But still it would be awesome if anybody from Techland around here could answer just a yes or no on the first question you asked at the beginning

I'm just really curious about this because: I'm obviously gonna buy this Dead Island redux collection no matter what (lol) BUT if Techland is actually behind the remastering I'll be 100% certain that it's being handled from devs who know what they're doing and it's gonna be a bold product, not just a copy-paste of the same games with some sharpening and more vibrant colors. As I said before, I have no faith in Deep Silver. The material they milked the franchise with after the departure with Techland were total money-grubbing bad jokes. Ok, maybe they were lower-budget games, but still garbage in every way, shape and form. And overpriced. (let's not forget the initial price of the cheapass disastrous Escape Dead Island kept the 40usd tag for months after release until they were forced to lower it due to the "wonderful" reception from critics and fans alike).

Yeah, I'm sure techland and their experiences with Dying Light, are able to go in and tackle the bugs and glitches that plagued the old version of Dead Island. I agree that the publisher's "Deep Silver" suck, they should let go of holding the rights to Dead Island since clearly they don't know how to handle the Dead Island Franchise as well as techland . Personally, I had hopes in Yager for developing Dead Island 2 since they made, spec-ops, but they ended up trashing the whole idea about Dead Island. Yager's version of Dead Island 2 was disappointing, it didn't even had a story. Basically DI2 was about: you and other survivors deciced to stay in the quarantine zone of California just for fun.... like wtf. Pretty much you have no purpose except just killing zombies for enjoyment in DI2. California isn't even and island too lmao !!! I could say a lot more, but I'll just keep low for now. Escape Dead Island was kind of okay, but it ended up being a rushed "toned down" attempt of being "telltale's: The Walking Dead" series.