Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goosepants

Looking For Tips.

20 posts in this topic

I bought this game yesterday and need some tips. first off I'm working for rais now and had to go get some money from someone for him. I noticed I'm really weak as well. I haven't found any great weapons and they break pretty quickly. I'm having fun but can you offer any advice? Thanks.

I bought this game yesterday and need some tips. first off I'm working for rais now and had to go get some money from someone for him. I noticed I'm really weak as well. I haven't found any great weapons and they break pretty quickly. I'm having fun but can you offer any advice? Thanks.

keep playing to get more skills which will make your weapons break slowly even lucky repair that not consume repair slot

the best weapons will come , i think machete at survivor skill 12

you can have the best fun ever this my best game ever

I suggest making lots of firecrackers and lockpicks and go after police vans. These are guaranteed to always have weapons inside that you can either use, dismantle or sell at the shop for money.

They will occassionally have some really good weapons you can use, and occassionally have mods you can assemble with a weapon you like.

Get good with the lock picking, they're not too easy to pry open. Depending on the difficulty you're playing, if there's too many biters it'd be wise to look for less popular police vans.

Police vans and trunks of police cars (like Woflman said). If you're playing on your own and on a higher difficult, and don't want to cosntantly have your ears perked up for approaching biters (or worse, Bombers waddling up to you), then invest in Camouflage from the Survivor Tree.

To get there quicker, pay attention to the skies. If you hear a plane approach, drop what you're doing and chase it down. Get there quick enough and you get two drops to turn in at the Quartermaster.

Loot everything, especially boxes. Sure they won't give you good weapons most of the time, but you can sell them and buy yourself something better. Which leads me to:

Check out traders whenever you pass by a safe zone. Their inventory is different and restocks regularly. 

Don't be afraid to play at night. It's incredibly fun at lower levels and rewarding at the end since you get double points :)

Explore! Take your time. The game is beautiful and has a pile of secrets to discover. 

Do not rush, learn to use the controls as they then become second nature. When I first started playing I was not used to the controls. Just master a few good moves and then move on to the complex skills. Like all games they do have a learning curve and above all  enjoy it. Looting is a good way to pick up goodies to sell on or to use for crafting.

If you are playing normal then I strongly suggeest going out at night as your xp doubles and if you die on normal at night you don't lose any xp (you do in the day )

Loot whatever you can don't rush past things search evrything around you will find lots of stuff that helps you craft stuff later on.

I would also advise not to rush and do story missions straight away do as many sidequests as you can first

Also, weapons are expendable. Dont worry about them breaking, there will always be more. The damage of weapons you find in the world seem to be directly tied to your survivor level, so dont worry too much about finding a super weapon. Levelling up survivor points is done via getting the airdrops and surviving at night.

A tip for leveling up the combat is to make some firecrackers and molotovs, and find large gangs of zombies. Toss the firecrackers near by and watch them all congretate. Then toss a molotov on them and watch the combat points flow in. Do this at night for even more points! :D

Get your first gun

https://youtu.be/_TxqElAfS5Y

This video will lead you to a pistol, SAVE IT. you need to conserve the ammo on this thing. 6 rounds. Eventually you'll be set off on a mission investigating some missing people and a note. You'll find yourself at a gas station and while searching, you'll be suddenly ambushed by a rais man firing a military rifle at you from on top the roof.

The only way to collect his rifle early on, is to be equipped with the early access Pistol, only takes one head shot to kill. If successful, boom baby, big n pretty gun.

Get your first gun

This video will lead you to a pistol, SAVE IT. you need to conserve the ammo on this thing. 6 rounds. Eventually you'll be set off on a mission investigating some missing people and a note. You'll find yourself at a gas station and while searching, you'll be suddenly ambushed by a rais man firing a military rifle at you from on top the roof.

The only way to collect his rifle early on, is to be equipped with the early access Pistol, only takes one head shot to kill. If successful, boom baby, big n pretty gun.

Nice suggestion, but I wouldn't say that's his only option. He might fare better by just lobbing a molotov up there. It'll save him the ammunition in his pistol.

It can take some time before you really start to get the skills and weapons. Basically pick your fights, do not get surrounded and if in doubt move away. Try and get the camouflage skill as soon as you can as it helps lots when your lock picking police vans and the like.

Something I use a lot is the resistance potion especially against enemies with guns. Ok it takes a bit of collecting to get the materials but I now know where the best places are to farm for herbs, which map and even the best time to collect certain items like underwater algae (best time is at night as you can see the algae far better as it glows in the dark hence you find more).

You'll get the skills and recipe's as you level up and the areas for each herb can be located on the map.

It can be a lifesaver at times especially playing nightmare mode.

Edited by kemical

it's all depend on you, should you want to finish all the quest first before leveling up your character then get a dev weapon

like korek machete it will help to kill more zombie faster when your character level are still low.

as your level go up the weapon also have more damage so it will get easier,

on how to get them, google them, there is a ton how to youtube video out there.

Just explore and stockpile on items while exploring there's a few side missions that will give you items that will make the main story and progression in general much easier. There's something that goes a long way for not dying in this game resistance potion that stuff is overpowered rais men can unload on you and your life will be very slow to deplete it makes hard situations on nightmare mode almost too easy

resistance potion that stuff is overpowered rais men can unload on you and your life will be very slow to deplete it makes hard situations on nightmare mode almost too easy

Opinions are much like a.r.s.e.h.o.l.e.s. and everyone has one... ;)