airwalkaidan

There Should Be No Instant Healing Medpacks For Survivors On Normal

60 posts in this topic

I just faced this kid who played on normal used 45 medpacks when the game ended threw 55 flares lol chupacabra was hilarious, the game would have ended sooner and I would have one if he didn't just take 2 seconds to use a medkit so id constantly have to be ontop of him ground pounding spitting and to have full energy maybe once. Why does normal medpacks apply to invasions if grapple cool down is increased. If I could filter my search I definitely wouldn't be playing with anyone on normal lol. Fustraiting.

Edited by airwalkaidan

EXACTLY BRO!! Dude I ALWAYS hated how in a like 3v1, I'd get two peoples' health down to freaking 20 or 30%, then they just heal up INSTANTLY. How the HELL am I gonna take out 3 people without using pounce if they heal and have infinite Medkits?!

Because the night hunter regains health and can...one kill a survivor, medkits are basically useless. Seriously, how bad of a nighthunter are you? Takle him, pounce. Time it right and stop complaining of your lack of skill. The only issue I have is how fast our stamina drains from uv. Volatiles don't get their stamina drained, so why should we be annihilated by a few seconds of uv?

Because the night hunter regains health and can...one kill a survivor, medkits are basically useless. Seriously, how bad of a nighthunter are you? Takle him, pounce. Time it right and stop complaining of your lack of skill. The only issue I have is how fast our stamina drains from uv. Volatiles don't get their stamina drained, so why should we be annihilated by a few seconds of uv?

So you tell him to stop complaining and follow it up with yourself complaining. Medkits are far from being useless. Even if the human couldn't dodge tackles there's a good chance he'd outheal the damage done with instant medkits. The point is, normal mode healing is so good that your only way to get a kill against a good survivor is to pounce, horde or spikes. Not that that it matters as much after the following update since most people duped their rank and have the fast healing perk.

Perkele, the night hunters can spam ground pound and deal 100 damage in 2 seconds. I am only expressing my concern for how the night hunter gets destroyed by uv light. His concern is about instant health, but you can tackle them and they have to jump to avoid. Try using a medkit and jump right away, see what I mean? I play as an aggressive night hunter and I only dislike how the uv goes out so far. Even the car's uv safezone is overpowered in that sense. I complain about his lack of skill, compared to an actual issue that a lot of people have.

All it takes is one missed tackle and the humans have enough time to go through the healing animation. With groundpounds you have to pretty accurate to keep landing them, you take too long, the human will heal, you miss, you die. The point here is, it indeed takes a lot of skill to keep the human from healing, while the humans have so many opportunities to press a single button. I'm gonna go ahead and assume this was about 2v1+, healing doesn't really matter in 1v1 situations.

When they use medkit and spam dash I go clawserker and it works 3 of 5 times, 4 of 5 if I have max health,but they need to be 30-25% of their health its more like a finisher, also it wont work on the country side since its an open field and they can back dash freely.

and the hunter could also press a single button to tendril away and regenerate his health

that's the problem with most of the hunter, when playing 2vs1 or 4vs1, you shouldn't try to kill all of them at the same time, single them out

if they are staying together. throw a horde spit to scatter them,

All it takes is one missed tackle and the humans have enough time to go through the healing animation. With groundpounds you have to pretty accurate to keep landing them, you take too long, the human will heal, you miss, you die. The point here is, it indeed takes a lot of skill to keep the human from healing, while the humans have so many opportunities to press a single button. I'm gonna go ahead and assume this was about 2v1+, healing doesn't really matter in 1v1 situations.

and the hunter could also press a single button to tendril away and regenerate his health

that's the problem with most of the hunter, when playing 2vs1 or 4vs1, you shouldn't try to kill all of them at the same time, single them out

if they are staying together. throw a horde spit to scatter them,

Oh I've played around 40 hours as the hunter so I know something of the gamemode. 4v1 against good players is pretty hard if not impossible, for me at least. There's only so much you can do with 150hp and usually someone just swings their heavy weapon at me so I'm forced to retreat with 30hp, dodging bullets from every player. I'm on pc so they are quite accurate with them. Explosive bow is pretty common thing to see as well. Oh well that was going going off topic. On the topic though, you can't really compare the night hunter's healing to the humans as they can do it whenever they want to while the hunter has to tendril far away to a nice little spot away from UV light and the explosive bow. Of course there's UV heal but that costs a precious UV block and most hunters don't even bother mutating all the way to level 3 unless they have a friend to boost with.

why you can't compare it? human also can't heal when the hunter keep attacking them, try to heal when the hunter keep GP Spamming you, even if you manage to heal you will still dead because groundpound deal a good damage. beside uv block/heal aren't that precious, since you can easily regenerate those every minute. so use them more

yes 4vs1 against skilled players are harder to win but the hunter also receive many more buff if more players joining,so it's not impossible and you will be happy to know that 1.11 update give more buff to hunter

40 hours is nothing compared to many who trying to get better in their skill, many have spend 200-300 hour even more, what i meant is when you lose don't always blame the system, sometime you just have to accepted it and try to learn from it

and based on the op tell his story, he implied he still win that match, so why does it matter if the human use 45 medkit

Oh I've played around 40 hours as the hunter so I know something of the gamemode. 4v1 against good players is pretty hard if not impossible, for me at least. There's only so much you can do with 150hp and usually someone just swings their heavy weapon at me so I'm forced to retreat with 30hp, dodging bullets from every player. I'm on pc so they are quite accurate with them. Explosive bow is pretty common thing to see as well. Oh well that was going going off topic. On the topic though, you can't really compare the night hunter's healing to the humans as they can do it whenever they want to while the hunter has to tendril far away to a nice little spot away from UV light and the explosive bow. Of course there's UV heal but that costs a precious UV block and most hunters don't even bother mutating all the way to level 3 unless they have a friend to boost with.

why you can't compare it? human also can't heal when the hunter keep attacking them, try to heal when the hunter keep GP Spamming you, even if you manage to heal you will still dead because groundpound deal a good damage. beside uv block/heal aren't that precious, since you can easily regenerate those every minute. so use them more

yes 4vs1 against skilled players are harder to win but the hunter also receive many more buff if more players joining,so it's not impossible and you will be happy to know that 1.11 update give more buff to hunter

40 hours is nothing compared to many who trying to get better in their skill, many have spend 200-300 hour even more, what i meant is when you lose don't always blame the system, sometime you just have to accepted it and try to learn from it

and based on the op tell his story, he implied he still win that match, so why does it matter if the human use 45 medkit

OP don't listen to this guy. He is ignorant and doesnt possess simple intelligence.

I agree this needs to change. No matter what difficulty you play on, all circumstances during pvp should be equal. It's dumb that if someone wants a cheap advantage, they can just change to normal mode and instant heal. Especially since the OHK nest glitch is patched, all the pathetic cheating scrubs are gonna flop right back to normal mode for their extra little handicap.

My advice to you right now is to just be more aggressive. As a heavily experienced Night Hunter, I feel your pain dude. But you just gotta pepper them with claws and ground pounds and don't give them a chance to heal.

OP don't listen to this guy. He is ignorant and doesnt possess simple intelligence.

I agree this needs to change. No matter what difficulty you play on, all circumstances during pvp should be equal. It's dumb that if someone wants a cheap advantage, they can just change to normal mode and instant heal. Especially since the OHK nest glitch is patched, all the pathetic cheating scrubs are gonna flop right back to normal mode for their extra little handicap.

My advice to you right now is to just be more aggressive. As a heavily experienced Night Hunter, I feel your pain dude. But you just gotta pepper them with claws and ground pounds and don't give them a chance to heal.

The only one who is ignorant is you! He is making a legit point. All he says is true and you call him ignorant. Stop being such a chupacabra.

40 hours ? seriously ? that is NOTHING !!! 40 hours is like you began playing yesterday. I played hundreds and hundreds of hours. I got screwed so many times. It takes more than just 40 hours to get good in this game not only for the hunter , for both sides! Do it like Nova says... CONCENTRATE on one target! Don't let him time to heal. It takes 2 seconds for the heal animation to be finished. 2 Seconds can be a very very very long time if you are under closerange pressure of the nighthunter. Try to combo like:

Gp -> Tackle -> Claw -> Groundpound = 40 +40 +90 + 40 Dmg = dead survivor

if you missed the tackle after the groundpound then do:

GP -> missed tackle -> GP again -> same game

If there are to many Survivors at the same place, then seperate them first with your spits, that is what they are for !!! The Hunter has so many cheap tactics to be successful you just have to learn and TRAIN them. tendril in and spit close range or spit on your feets when you run away....

where is the problem ? then groundpound again after a missed tackle or tendril away and retry. it's part of the game to miss sometimes... or do you think survivors land every dropkick ?

Healing takes 2 seconds of animation, an animation that can be interupted by nearly everything. Try to play as survivor and you will see it's not just "spamming the heal button" you need the right time window to heal.

Edited by bjoernsen80

The only one who is ignorant is you! He is making a legit point. All he says is true and you call him ignorant. Stop being such a chupacabra

Nah bro I'm the best Chupacabra there is. I'll never stop. Noob.

The only one who is ignorant is you! He is making a legit point. All he says is true and you call him ignorant. Stop being such a chupacabra.

40 hours ? seriously ? that is NOTHING !!! 40 hours is like you began playing yesterday. I played hundreds and hundreds of hours. I got screwed so many times. It takes more than just 40 hours to get good in this game not only for the hunter , for both sides!

To be fair, he did say he had 40 hours and knew at least something about the gamemode. It's not like he said "I have 40 hours as the Night Hunter, so that makes me the best at this game and no one will ever be better than me." Also, 40 hours isn't just playing yesterday... no one plays a game for 40 hours straight. He has obviously been playing over the course of months or weeks and has most likely been learning more about it in between and during playing sessions.

I have 150to hours into this game. 60 put into night hunter. I know what I am talking about. That is how you win. I dare you to fight an apex predator on nightmare mode. Gp spam is annoying, but you need the instant health to counter it.

40 hours ? seriously ? that is NOTHING !!! 40 hours is like you began playing yesterday. I played hundreds and hundreds of hours. I got screwed so many times. It takes more than just 40 hours to get good in this game not only for the hunter , for both sides! Do it like Nova says... CONCENTRATE on one target! Don't let him time to heal. It takes 2 seconds for the heal animation to be finished. 2 Seconds can be a very very very long time if you are under closerange pressure of the nighthunter. Try to combo like:

Gp -> Tackle -> Claw -> Groundpound = 40 +40 +90 + 40 Dmg = dead survivor

if you missed the tackle after the groundpound then do:

GP -> missed tackle -> GP again -> same game

Why are you forgetting to mention such a crucial information that human have to be near wall for your combo to work? First scenario works on noobs only, who can't dodge the hunter ramming directly in their faces. The humans doesn't necessarily rushing to you after missed tackle (you know what missed GP means, don't you?), they stay back and UVing you forcing you to retreat, free time to heal for them, sometimes they are throwing weapons too. Your second combo have flaw as well, if survivor have two handed weapon, you are dead after second tackle miss while the survivor have only 20%HP less, sometimes survivor is able to deal two slashes with one handed so it's not that enthusiastic as you described it.

Here's your scenario updated:

GP - tackle miss - human hits you at least one time - GP - tackle miss - hunter death from two handed weapon

GP - tackle miss - human hits you at least one time - GP - tackle miss - human hits you second time and you are nearly out of stamina if he is UVing you in 1vs1, you can try to use UV shield and try again but with great risk involved

Most times when it works, it looks like that: tackle - human hits  near wall or fence - claw (optionally) - GP - claw -GP (and claw if you didn't clawed him before first GP)

Tackling give you advantage over GP because it's not lethal after first dodge with full HP (unless there are spikes behind survivor).

why you can't compare it?

Because you can't compare it on equal terms. Hunter have to run away and hide and it takes for him 7s when crouching to heal while survivor can fully heal up in less than 3s or at least apply one medkit if time window appears. Survivor can feel quite safe with 50% of his health, while for hunter, jumping into action with anything below 120HP is risky as hell (which is 80% of his HP), one swing from two-handed and you are dead (skilled players can slice you before you reach ground while trying to perform GP from air).

I have 150to hours into this game. 60 put into night hunter. I know what I am talking about. That is how you win. I dare you to fight an apex predator on nightmare mode. Gp spam is annoying, but you need the instant health to counter it.

If we are going to argue who's word is stronger based on the hunter gameplay time, then i  should be more omniscent than you, because i have 130 hours of hunter gameplay (lol).

GP Spam works only in certain conditions, like when you are between objects or walls, if you are allowing yourself to be GP spammed all the time, then something is wrong with you. Survivors in my games are mostly dodgy and jumpy, they have good awarness of surroundings, GP spamming them is a rare privilege, where a miss is always a death sentence. When i played as survivor in the past with friends, we always played on hard difficulty (i alone too).

Edited by sanjyuubi

You know what's funny, the OP in this thread is also a medkit spammer. I played him the other day. He didn't get past the first nest, but was playing on normal and spamming medkits every chance he got.

Edited by jonnyallen3

This just made me facepalm so hard... 

First: What this guy said made sense. To me and probably a good many people who read it. So saying someone doesn't possess intelligence of any kind for posting something that is opposite of what you think is dumb. Calling him ignorant is equally stupid.

and Second: It's normal mode, there is no cheap advantage with people using the game's intended mechanics. Not everyone is looking for a challenge. Some people want to play the game for fun. Don't bash people because they don't want to give you an advantage. I play Normal Mode all the time because I feel like it, (This includes NH). Night hunter is plenty challenging the way it is. Especially with the recent buffs.

Edited by Cynder_Dragonborn

First: What this guy said made sense. To me and probably a good many people who read it. So saying someone doesn't possess intelligence of any kind for posting something that is opposite of what you think is dumb. Calling him ignorant is equally stupid.

and Second: It's normal mode, there is no cheap advantage with people using the game's intended mechanics. Not everyone is looking for a challenge. Some people want to play the game for fun. Don't bash people because they don't want to give you an advantage. I play Normal Mode all the time because I feel like it, (This includes NH). Night hunter is plenty challenging the way it is. Especially with the recent buffs.

This here is someone who gets it. All the NH screaming normal is cheap... It's there for the casual player. All the tryhards are super salty because the survivor tryhards are shutting them down. If you want a challenge, specifically invite the people you know are good at BTZ. In the mean time, stop complaining about stuff EVERYONE already knows about. We all lose at some point or another

This here is someone who gets it. All the NH screaming normal is cheap... It's there for the casual player. All the tryhards are super salty because the survivor tryhards are shutting them down. If you want a challenge, specifically invite the people you know are good at BTZ. In the mean time, stop complaining about stuff EVERYONE already knows about. We all lose at some point or another

Exactly.

First: What this guy said made sense. To me and probably a good many people who read it. So saying someone doesn't possess intelligence of any kind for posting something that is opposite of what you think is dumb. Calling him ignorant is equally stupid.

Lol it doesn't change the fact that if you play on easy, you're just pathetic. They need to patch it. Healing should not be instant no matter the difficulty. If you can't beat a night Hunter on hard or nightmare, then you suck. Quit giving yourself more handicaps.