Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cpt. Kid

Ammo For Smg?

6 posts in this topic

7:42 PM 2/10/2016

Im playing PC on normal.  I just bought a SMG from one of the trade posts in the Slums by the bridge.  Where do we buy ammo for the SMGs?  I only went to two places one being the towers and the other being the little community near the bridge where you do a request by Victor to deliver meds.  They don't sell ammo for SMGs or is it called something else?  I thought I was suppose to be near the shotgun bullets, pistol bullets, and rifle bullets but its not.

Edited by Cpt. Kid

I would imagine you either find it from opening military containers and getting military ammo bundles. Or buy it from one of the merchants in the following DLC other than that my friend i'm not sure...

11:13 AM 2/11/2016

I switched over to nightmare and using the shotgun now but I will have to check that out with the merchants.  Did they say they are going to change this to where we can just buy SMG ammo from a regular store?

Once, I found SMG ammo for sale in the gas station store, but I had switched from hard to easy for that. No SMG ammo so far in the Old Town or Slums stores, even if other merchants sell the other ammo.

However now there are ammo boxes at military checkpoints, I've found one near the gas station outside the town, and a couple more near the granary (I think). There's also a military checkpoint not far from the dam, but I have only blazed through on the buggy without investigating.

I was shocked when I got the SMG and it did not use pistol ammo like in real life.  Nothing like firing an 9mm AR SBR (Short Barreled Rifle )that is suppressed to get the blood pumping. I would build one but that is 2 $200 USD Tax stamps ( one for the can and the other for the SBR) before I even get into the actual build and add an an red dot to it.  This is what I would build it on . http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-glock-9mm-complete-classic-lower.html   with a 10.5 inch barrel and go with one of the 50 round Glock drum mags. The Colt 9mm AR mags just are not reliable and they are hard to find anymore.