GoomiLad

Sort The F***ing Co-Op Out

12 posts in this topic

This is beyond a joke right now. Me and a friend were playing co op fine the other night and then tonight try to and it doesn't work of course it doesn't what else could go wrong. Loads up goes to a black screen and says "game session no longer available" What a load of s***, not happy at all tried it about 30 times same thing everytime what a coincidence. Sort the co-op out I'm done, ruined my night thanks

Edited by GoomiLad

My friend and I are having the same issue, I think.  For a couple days we were playing together with no problems, then last night she starts getting disconnected.  Today it's been almost non-stop.  Even when I'm playing alone I'm getting constant disconnection notices.  Nothing has changed for me except that I (perhaps unwisely) purchased the season pass a couple days ago.  I'd really like to see this addressed.

Servers not down, weird thing is when I press quick join I can join a randoms public game from around the world and get straight into it, when I want to play with a friend, no chance

Me and my friend that have played the game since it came out have had probably about every problem there is that for some reason blocks you from playing online with your friends. I as well really hope they fix this with the new DLC. However I'll list a few things you can try when having trouble that fixed our problems:

1. Sometimes the game auto changes your online options, which you can easily fix in your options. Options<Online<Boom, all set. This is the most common problem.

2.Make sure you are in a Safe Zone. Ever since around the time Bozak came out, I can't join games unless me and my friend that I'm playing with are in safe zones. If it still is being difficult, but your online settings are all public and joinable, then both of you or however many, all get in the same safe zone before trying to join. This can help, and you'll notice whenever you're online and you go into a safe zone, it tells you how many game sessions are on in your area.

3.Dying Light freaks out a bit sometimes, mostly the parquor or however you spell it, but sometimes the game freaks out too, just turn it all the way off, if you're on PS4 make sure you go to the home screen and hit close app, and try again.

4.Make sure Wifi is working. I doubt most of ya'll are in my boat where you're on the edge of where you can even get internet where you live, but sometimes my local wifi is tricked into thinking its online, when really its not connected to the internet.

Anything beyond that, is probably a server error and there's just nothing you can do. I know its annoying but basically all games these days go down sometimes, especially when being worked on. It's no reason to get mad, just put in a different game or just do the solo game play, its all fun anyways. Plus, I don't know if you've ever worked with a server computer, but my computer i'm using now is one, just for personal use with a little extra power, but let me tell you, they require the most attention out of any kind of computer i've ever used. It will make you want to drive 100mph and throw it out the window on the highway. So if a server goes down or a hard drive goes bad, you just have to wait until it gets replaced. The thing is, is you wouldnt believe how many people play this game, if youre online is public and able to be joined, people WILL join your game without asking, its basically guaranteed.

All I can recommend is that, you and your friends are in a party to be able to hear eachother while solving the issues, keep trying anything you can think of, follow my steps above if you havent already, and you should be good. But there have been times for me as well, where me and my friend just couldnt even play, because a server was down or something.

Hope this is helpful

Helpful, but doesn't really explain how a AAA title has such problems. Take Destiny or BO3, neither of those has any of the same problems. I have been kicked out of DL in one hour more than I have been kicked in the whole life of Destiny!

I will no doubt try again (using some of your tips) but I can't believe Techland don't respond or in fact think this is ok... 

I also have this problem on Xbox. It normally works fine if it's just me and one other player. However, I tried to play with my roommate (on the same network), and it wouldn't let us stay connected. I was able to join his session, but only for about five minutes before it kicked me out. I have had continuous connectivity issues with only this game since I started playing it. The ability to choose between playing alone and playing co-op with friends is, to me, one of the greatest aspects of the game. It's sad that it's also something that is very flawed. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future.

Hi guys ! The system Dying Light use is the peer-to-peer there are no servers , you are the server .

For example if you are at Washington and you friend are at Paris the ping will be high but if your friend are at the same country than you , the ping will be correct .