Lord Calamari

Question For The Developers - Saving In Custom Maps

10 posts in this topic

Hi, to the developers. Is there a chance we will be seeing a save feature in custom maps. For example, I would like to build a massive world full of places to explore, side quests, a long, main quest line but players would most likely not have enough time to get through this in one go and would have to start again if they quit the map. Is it possible to add a save feature so players could save their progress in larger maps and come back to them later?

Hey Fr0sT,

I think that you could make a sort of "save" by setting all your 'go to' quest phase spawns as 'respawn' enabled. They are essentially checkpoints, and that way you don't start the whole mission all over again. But if you leave you have to start the whole lot again, so it is really just a temporary thing.

Squirrel.

Hello Rabid, I have respawns so it's fine in the game. The main problem comes with a crash I have if I die at the end of the quest. It's really annoying and most people won't play all that long again!

I hope they implement something in the future for saving !

Hello Rabid, I have respawns so it's fine in the game. The main problem comes with a crash I have if I die at the end of the quest. It's really annoying and most people won't play all that long again!

I hope they implement something in the future for saving !

As do I!

Hey LC,

I asked about this a while ago, and the word so far is "We are working on it."

So is that confirmed? I have not touched the tools yet, so I am wondering how complete of an experience we can create. I hope it will  be possible to make small campaigns and not just small missions.