Pete Donnelly

Post Any Btz Bugs/exploits Here

653 posts in this topic

Nice! I've never intentionally missed a GP.  I'll have to try that one!  If you are low on stamina a UV heal may work to draw them out as well ;)

A pounce will win out over a DFA as long as you trigger it before or the same time as the DFA connects.  You can't trigger it after they've already got you.  You usually need to make sure your UV block is on as Survivors will be hitting you with their UV light to prevent it as they are dropping down.  The Hunter has mobility on it's side!  That's your counter!  It's up to you to prevent yourself from being in a vulnerable position.  When you are close to fully drained you need to make sure that last tendril gets you to a rooftop!  Grapplehook usage cost will be increased for survivors as well.  They will have to think a little more about when they should use it.  Should be similar to the flare cost in BTZ.  DFA from too high can kill Survivors too!  I'm sure you've seen this more than once or twice ;)

They hit you when you were in range on their machine. The Hunter jumps very high, very quickly but they are hitting you as you jump away if you see it from the Survivors perspective.  Depending on network conditions you might not get that notification until you are at your peak. The more lag the more delayed it may be.  

Thank you for the response, I win this bet with her.

DFA from too high can kill Survivors too!  I'm sure you've seen this more than once or twice ;)

I do hear the double thumps of human landing on a missed DFA all the time.  Only a few times do I turn around to see that skull meaning they died.  Usually it's little to no cost for a miss.  Plus, if they have a teammate they just come and revive them.

What if the hunter's scream can disorient the survivors for some times? maybe something like the small child/ baby screaming that cause crane to lose his focus. The hunter's side has to hold down the scream button to trigger it and survivors will be staggered/ disorient briefly (cannot attack) to allow the hunter to escape. It's useful when u are running out of options i.e. no spits/ uv left and out of stamina.

I'm reading this as a human player and I have to say bs give the humans some combos too, night hunters can spin combos like crazy leaving you helpless... ive been in a few matches that lasted like 3 minutes because of spawn kills with combos and not even being able to move

Can't believe I'm reading some of these posts about a stupid shield

What if the hunter's scream can disorient the survivors for some times? maybe something like the small child/ baby screaming that cause crane to lose his focus. The hunter's side has to hold down the scream button to trigger it and survivors will be staggered/ disorient briefly (cannot attack) to allow the hunter to escape. It's useful when u are running out of options i.e. no spits/ uv left and out of stamina.

Interesting idea!  Right now groundpound should be your 'go-to' skill in this situation you describe.  If you hit, it will allow you the chance to get away.  You just have to know when to release it ;)

Pete this may be off topic, but is there any videos coming for the Night Hunter explaining his new abilities? Like a new trailer for the Night Hunter.

There has been talk about maybe doing a little 'show and tell'.... stay tuned.  I'll let you know when I can!

I'm reading this as a human player and I have to say bs give the humans some combos too, night hunters can spin combos like crazy leaving you helpless... ive been in a few matches that lasted like 3 minutes because of spawn kills with combos and not even being able to move

Can't believe I'm reading some of these posts about a stupid shield

Don't fret Survivors!!!   There's lots coming for you as well!  Legend level perks to name a few....  (a few being 250!!!)

Also!  In "The Following" DLC you get a shiny new "Dune Buggy"!  It's pretty 'badass' and has lots of cool bells and whistles that will help in your fight against the Night Hunter! Lastly,  there is a more robust system in place that will lend a helping hand to struggling Survivors!

P.S.  I don't know if you were referring to the Hunter literally jumping and 'spinning' circles in the air to land tackles... if so, then know that won't be a valid tactic anymore!  Hunters have new ways of landing tackles but that specific method won't work anymore. 

Interesting idea!  Right now groundpound should be your 'go-to' skill in this situation you describe.  If you hit, it will allow you the chance to get away.  You just have to know when to release it ;)

U are right pete, but against a team of experienced survivors that may not be an option. One can just throw his/ her weapon or shoot at u with the rifle. 

P.S.  I don't know if you were referring to the Hunter literally jumping and 'spinning' circles in the air to land tackles... if so, then know that won't be a valid tactic anymore!  Hunters have new ways of landing tackles but that specific method won't work anymore. 

Aww that move is hard to do and i'm just about to master it.. 

p/s: Anyway i know u guys at techland will come up with better things in the following, cause u guys are passionate gamers too! 

Edited by EnlightenMe

I ran across maby 6 hunter so far that move so fast they pull chains like what you said that is very hard to compete with. for example:

Ground pound off a roof and then a tackle in mid air. Before I get bashed for that let me say I know how to prevent that I'm just talking about the combo itself

The ones who uv spit uv block ground pound and tackle -within Seconds,really? I'll bet your finger are sore after a few matches lol

The ones who kill over and over and you have no earthy idea where they even came from

I know that the human does have a lot more advantages but we can't pull those kind off

Really,other then those few people it's pretty balanced and fun. although I would add that you need to beef up the night hunters when there are more then 2 humans,anymore then 2 humans the night hunter is at a huge disadvantage maby if there are 3 or 4 humans add two night hunters that would be interesting as F ( this is coming from a guy that absolutely cannot play as the hunter for ---- I don't even try lol I'll stick with the human)

The only other complaint is I'm a little sick of getting the same gold weapons with invasions

And I think all gold weapons should be available to collect regardless of survivor rank (trying to start a collection here)

Two more that especially annoy me, death from above and the damn leap dodge. Death from above I can sort of get, it's there in case you get placcid, but the leap dodge gives the survivors an infalliable way of avoiding the tackle. Can we please maybe get some sort of rng to determine a dodge sucess rate? Thank you

Cool downs going to fix this?  Note the guy to the west.  He came finish his grapple, turn and UV me, then catch up to me before I can recover, and then with his friend kill me before I can took two steps.

Before anyone criticizes my hailmary, I got no pounces, no spits, no tackles, and a few GPs on these guys.  It seems like I'm being paired with Ultimate Survivors 80% of the time who can pull amazing tactics.

Edited by SomeOldDude

Cool downs going to fix this?  Note the guy to the west.  He came finish his grapple, turn and UV me, then catch up to me before I can recover, and then with his friend kill me before I can took two steps.

Before anyone criticizes my hailmary, I got no pounces, no spits, no tackles, and a few GPs on these guys.  It seems like I'm being paired with Ultimate Survivors 80% of the time who can pull amazing tactics.

I don't think cooldowns will fix much of anything to be honest. From what it looked liked, they were both already on you right after the pounce was interrupted and from what I heard, one of them threw their weapon and that is what killed you. What would fix these types of situations would be the human being knocked down after a pounce was interrupted (as opposed to remaining upright as they current now do) to give the hunter the chance to get away without being punished by being blasted by UV.

Edited by A. Ryan

From what it looked liked, they were both already on you right after the pounce was interrupted and from what I heard, one of them threw their weapon and that is what killed you.

Here I was thinking at least I wouldn't land between them for the instant kill, yet they were able to catch up anyway.

Which is part of another frustration with the NH is the "hanging up" on obstacles.  If you're too close to an object and try to jump he grabs the obstacle instead.  That's what slowed me down.  My tendency is to jump and tendril to get away.  I probably could have gotten away, but because I was too close to that building the space bar initiated a slow climb animation instead. 

Here I was thinking at least I wouldn't land between them for the instant kill, yet they were able to catch up anyway.

Which is part of another frustration with the NH is the "hanging up" on obstacles.  If you're too close to an object and try to jump he grabs the obstacle instead.  That's what slowed me down.  My tendency is to jump and tendril to get away.  I probably could have gotten away, but because I was too close to that building the space bar initiated a slow climb animation instead. 

Well, the slowing down didn't help. However, they may have just thrown their weapon anyway and killed you regardless - since they were already on you before you really had the time to react. As I said before, it would help immensely if the humans were knocked down after an interrupted pounce. This would allow the hunter time to flee before the humans were able to punish them with UV. As it stands now, the humans remain upright after an interrupted pounce and the hunter falls down, thus giving the humans plenty of time to punish the hunter with UV either when the hunter is trying to flee or as the hunter turns to face the humans to fight one-on-one.

If my idea was implemented, even if you got slowed down by grabbing the obstacle, you would have had enough time to flee since the human was knocked down and therefore, would be unable to throw their weapon at you for the insta-kill.

Edited by A. Ryan

Heck, even if they didn't auto-track you during a missed pounced would be better than now.  They would have to turn and find you.  

Same with a dodged tackle.  It seems like a good portion of the time I'm hit during a dodged tackle.  Are they hitting me during the animation, before or directly after?  It's hard to tell with the lag.  Seems like they should be devoting all of their energy in avoiding the tackle.

Also, can the horde bomber zombies be replaced by virals? As it is, the humans can flee the bombers just by climbing a building to safety - since the bombers can't climb, the effects of the horde spit is negated. I would suggest replacing the bomber horde with virals since virals can climb, and therefore, put the pressure on the fleeing humans. 

If this change cannot be implemented, then I would suggest that virals show up when humans use firearms during BTZ matches. 

I do believe going through the mutations should yield more than a spit.  Augmenting bombers after a mutation with virals, night walkers, or even volatiles would be a welcome perk for mutating up.  Along with more HP, more spits and faster regens, too.

I do believe going through the mutations should yield more than a spit.  Augmenting bombers after a mutation with virals, night walkers, or even volatiles would be a welcome perk for mutating up.  Along with more HP, more spits and faster regens, too.

I agree 100%. I would think that mutating up would yield more perks - especially since you have to lose all of your gains in order to mutate. Unfortunately, the faster regens will not be coming at all. Earlier in this thread I was speaking to Pete and mentioned the faster regens and was told that Techland is now at a happy spot in regards to the regen time and thus, there will be no further modifications.

The problem with the slower regens is you can be stuck with no spits and a player who knows you don't have any.  With the NH poor melee skills you pretty much have to give up a nest as skilled players can navigate to and destroy a nest in about 30 seconds.  Regen one spit when playing against one human is 1:15 seconds and two humans is 50 seconds.  Sure, you can harry with only melee, but again that skilled player will not allow himself to be GPed or tackled.  He only has to click the UV light periodically to keep you from pouncing.  If you do pounce then that same skilled player is pretty much guaranteed to an interrupt.

While the spit regen might be where they want it, the NH toolbox is so small as he has nothing else.  The only way to get a spit back faster is to die.  You respawn in around 25 seconds and be back on scene in another 10 to 15.  But then again skilled players are able to destroy a nest in less time.

11. Survivors have 0% chance of winning Invasion rewards until at least 1 nest is destroyed

Pete, 

Will this address the mods and trainers which insta kill the nests?

Thanks

Edited by SomeOldDude