Pete Donnelly

Post Any Btz Bugs/exploits Here

658 posts in this topic

Eps you don't have much of an excuse for ground pound spam. It seems like you have duped med kits and at 1:28 in the video you pull out the shield to try to block a spit.

The Hunter is still a 3-hit kill with your standard weapon.  Damage values have been tweaked a bit and slide/tackle have been reduced.  The numbers of Nest/Defenders are chosen based on the amount of Players in the game at the time the new Nest is selected.  It will re-evaluate each new Nest.  There are many other values that dynamically change the moment a new player joins or drops out as well.

Ok, I'm still going to pass on engaging nests meant for a few survivors as a single player, when disinclined to confront the hunter. Such value changes should happen in the background without us noticing, is somehow the point.

Another bug that is still around reoccurred tonight: the Bozak one, i.e. my last save in the slums for multiplayer, ends up "returning" to Stadium with zero inventory for no reason. Going back to the stash and placing everything back in the right slots is not much fun, especially with a motivated hunter breathing down one's neck.

This has happened dozens of times by now and I'm wondering if it's my fault: playing Bozak time trial so hard to get the low damage explosive bow some months ago, must've fried that save into my machine or something. :D

Eps you don't have much of an excuse for ground pound spam. It seems like you have duped med kits and at 1:28 in the video you pull out the shield to try to block a spit.

LOL, no one cares about duping and sorry for blocking spits. How DARE I make use of the tools given to me by Techland. Get over yourself.

Epsdude I agree with you completely. I'm a ultimate survivor and I fight nhs with my friend who's as experienced as me and when we get invaded by an Apex Predator we instantly assume they're a spammer usually we are right and we lose. Even between the two of us there is no way to beat a bunny hoping gp spamming nh. We try are best but still lose do to uv nerfs and uv resistance buff on the nhs part. Hope some solution to this comes soon and its great to see another human taking this to the forums.

That is Correct Reece. The Shield Block Glitch is getting Patched.  

Further more, Duplicating Consumables is nothing to be proud of. As it gives the Humans an Unfair Advantage.

This could be Remedied by only allowing a Preset Amount to be used in Each Match. 

Edited by Chaos_Deception

1. Fixed an issue with the Shield negating stuck spits.

THANK GOD. I ran into a person who I just absolutely could not beat as a zombie because they were exploiting the chupacabra out of this, they were rubbing it in my face about how cheap and easy it was to win too. Extremely annoying.

18. Fixed an issue with Shield NOT blocking a spit when it should (was checking angle to other player instead of angle to the spit itself)

Pete,

So, they're going to have to be facing the spit with the shield when it pops to block it?   For instance, if a NH stuck a spit to an object on the far side of the survivor the survivor would have to turn around with the shield to block it? Exposing his back to the NH?

Oh, and is there anything that's going to be done with the modders?  I mean it's hard to battle humans with superpowers leaping tall building in a single bound, teleporting, and insta-killing nests.  

While I understand it might be hard or impossible to prevent it on the client, but all computers hooked into a match can see wonky game play.  It might be impossible to prevent it, but it should be possible to alert others of its presence.  I know I've been accused to using "boosters" (and when I denied it, asked "why not?") and some people may simply be that good.  While I'm sure Techland wants to keep the game fun for all, trying to play through with a person who seem just a little too good, it would be nice to know whether he's boosted or we're just out-classed.  Also, allowing other players' game software in a match to monitor game play it could report back to the servers and deny in-game rewards, thus removing incentive to cheat.

To keep angst down, I'm thinking the system should be transparent.  This could range from simply denying rewards without explanation, to punishing by making the challenges harder (i.e. more nests, more and more aggressive virals, automatic summoning of volatiles, etc.), to attempting to bring the changed specs back in line, to quietly kicking the offender without explanation, to kicking with the reason.  Continued misuse could mean only pairing with others who use modified games.  All of this done without announcing to the rest of the world.

Of course, I don't know if the game can be modified to send a false positive. That would be just as bad.  I'd hate to be playing a human clean and suddenly be surrounded by 20 volatiles.  Also, I wouldn't want the game to send any false positive from an unmodified game.  Maybe start with the obvious cheats like the ones with the purple UV bar that runs off the right side of the screen, characters moving while paused (i.e. teleporting), or all nests instantly going from 100% to 1%, and then work up from there.

Personally, keeping the game to be played as designed so everyone plays the same game is my biggest wish.

Pete,

So, they're going to have to be facing the spit with the shield when it pops to block it?   For instance, if a NH stuck a spit to an object on the far side of the survivor the survivor would have to turn around with the shield to block it? Exposing his back to the NH?

Yes, they need to be facing the spit when it pops.  The bug right now is that they need to face the Hunter instead.

Pete,

Will there be any change in swapping out of secondary equipment as in the time it takes to change from UV light to shield and back, or to UV light from grapple hook while still grappling towards the target?  Especially troublesome to me is the UVing-while-grappling.  One issue is the being chased by grappling players while the same person is holding a UV light on me.  It takes only a split second to initiate another grapple leaving me no time to recover.  The second is the grappling up to my position while UVing at the same time.  I don't always have a UV block to do the UV block/jump past the player/turn and pounce tactic.  The beam is broad enough that if I try to jump to the side without a UV block it still gets me leaving me unable to pounce.    

Even UV block / tackle is sometime thwarted in mid air by a dodge, but that's a different issue.

Also, in the following video, in the first sequence, can you confirm that my pounce cancelled his grapple?  I know some things will cancel a grapple, but I thought I had him dead-to-rights only to have my pounce interrupted.  (You can imagine I was having a hard time getting a kill on this guy and when I saw I'm getting a pounce while he was grappling, my reaction was "GOT HIM! ... What the...!?") You can see he clearly threw the grapple, but had not started moving yet.  That second guy, though, he was in mid-air and I was pouncing slightly to the rear and above.  It's the only time I've ever seen that.

When you initiate a pounce, the Survivors have a quick moment to react.  They can turn and hit you with UV to interrupt,  That's what's going on here,  the player is switching back to UV right after the grapple and then turning to interrupt you.  This can all happen very quick, so depending on networking conditions you may not get an update to show you the player has turned to face you.  To play the Survivor successfully, it takes a lot of skilled inventory management.  We haven't made changes to that.  (There was a couple of situations where the Survivor could evade a tackle when they shouldn't have been allowed. For instance, Dropkick is more of a commitment now- if you initiate it you cannot transition to an evade.  It will lose out to tackle if Survivor is attempting Dropkick and Hunter is attempting Tackle at the same time.)

There are a couple of things you can do to be more successful with your pounces though:

1. Get real close before initiating the pounce.  The closer you are when you initiate the pounce the less time Survivors have to react.  Your speed plays a role in this as well.

2. Change you angle of approach.  Seasoned Survivors can get comfortable relying on their minimap information as they even get height info from it.  This can be used against them as well though.  I've gotten many kills from quickly droppping down from a rooftop and pouncing from a low angle as the Survivor turns facing the sky hoping to interrupt me.

Try using both these tactics and I think you will find a much greater success rate for your pounces.

As for Survivors grappling up to your position, try Tackling.  There is a change coming to the Tackle input that should help:  If you get the survivor lined up you can sprint and HOLD (B) (I play with an xbox controller) to initiate the Tackle when it's available, instead of having to mash the button hoping to hit the brief window at the right time.  I wanted this for ages.... I'm glad it's in.  The Hunter can also maintain his momentum and transition seamlessly from tendril loco to a full sprint with the update.  You can find some fun ways of using these 2 changes together!  ;)

We also need some kind of block while using grappling hook, meaning you can't switch to anything else when you're grappling.

Sorry, that's not going to happen.  A big part of Survivor gameplay is successful inventory management.  I can tell you there is an increased cooldown cost for grappling hook in BTZ similar to flare usage though.  

As for Survivors grappling up to your position, try Tackling. There is a change coming to the Tackle input that should help: If you get the survivor lined up you can sprint and HOLD (B) (I play with an xbox controller) to initiate the Tackle when it's available, instead of having to mash the button hoping to hit the brief window at the right time. I wanted this for ages.... I'm glad it's in. The Hunter can also maintain his momentum and transition seamlessly from tendril loco to a full sprint with the update. You can find some fun ways of using these 2 changes together! ;)

Tackle beating dropkick, keeping momentum from tendril locomotion. I like this!

Ok , some balancing.

first suggestion. Please give hunters some counters. Yes you've done a very admirable job with spits, but i do feel the night hunter needs his own counter to things such as dropkick.

second. Could it be considered for the disable survivor sense to instead become something akin to 'be invisible to survivor sense'. This new spit is all but pointless if it never connects.

Finally, flares. Just...flare spammers. This is a bane to everyone who plays zombie. Perhaps we could make it so flares deployed into the puddle of anti uv spits do not take effect? Thank you for your time and patience.

P.S. One other thing. Perhaps make hunter stamina scale to the number on humans present. Needing one hundred percent to initiate a pounce when there's only one human, fair enough. Needing one hundred percent when there are four humans constantly crossing over their lights? Not so much.

Edited by Ahardie

Ok , some balancing.

first suggestion. Please give hunters some counters. Yes you've done a very admirable job with spits, but i do feel the night hunter needs his own counter to things such as dropkick.

second. Could it be considered for the disable survivor sense to instead become something akin to 'be invisible to survivor sense'. This new spit is all but pointless if it never connects.

Finally, flares. Just...flare spammers. This is a bane to everyone who plays zombie. Perhaps we could make it so flares deployed into the puddle of anti uv spits do not take effect? Thank you for your time and patience.

P.S. One other thing. Perhaps make hunter stamina scale to the number on humans present. Needing one hundred percent to initiate a pounce when there's only one human, fair enough. Needing one hundred percent when there are four humans constantly crossing over their lights? Not so much.

The hunter is getting a counter to dropkick. Next patch tackle will beat out dropkick.

Yes, tackle will beat out dropkick.  Groundpound also beats out dropkick, if they both triggered at the same time.  Flares already have a cooldown that we are happy with.  If 2 are spammed then there is a significant cooldown before they can throw another. There are a couple counters to them as well:

1. UV spits put out flares.

2. Groundpounds put out flares

In regards to stamina,  you need to have 100% to pounce always.  That's not going to change.  However, you don't react to the light the same way in a 4v1 and a 1v1.  It takes far more UV to drain you in a 4v1 than it does in a 1v1!  :)

I don't think I saw where my earlier query was answered: is there going to be any change in the GPing a flare, as in, no penalty when no survivors are around.  I use this as a tactic, but sometimes get caught in the missed GP animation because I didn't see a survivor close enough to punish me for it.  I don't always have a spit to put it out and if I'm after a human with a UV spit standing in a flare I have to make a choice.  The problem is I have to put out the flare.  If I can get the human with the GP I generally can recover the lost stamina quick enough to get a pounce, but if (likely) they dodge away, they can jump back and punish me while in the missed GP animation.  I've also tried knocking them out with a tackle, but they can trivially dodge it seems I take more of a stamina hit.  I don't know of any other tactic to deal with a UV spitted human standing in a flare and I have no spits.

I don't think I saw where my earlier query was answered: is there going to be any change in the GPing a flare, as in, no penalty when no survivors are around.  I use this as a tactic, but sometimes get caught in the missed GP animation because I didn't see a survivor close enough to punish me for it.  I don't always have a spit to put it out and if I'm after a human with a UV spit standing in a flare I have to make a choice.  The problem is I have to put out the flare.  If I can get the human with the GP I generally can recover the lost stamina quick enough to get a pounce, but if (likely) they dodge away, they can jump back and punish me while in the missed GP animation.  I've also tried knocking them out with a tackle, but they can trivially dodge it seems I take more of a stamina hit.  I don't know of any other tactic to deal with a UV spitted human standing in a flare and I have no spits.

If you miss the Survivor you will pay the cooldown.  Your goal here to hit the flare AND the Survivor.  This is intentional.  However there are lots of ways to keep messing with a survivor to interrupt his flare throw animation.  Melee is a good option here.  You can also time your groundpound as they throw the flare to both hit the Survivor and put the flare out.   

Also,  I've gotten a number of pounces by faking like I'm going to go in and then pounce them as they dodge themselves out of the flares radius.    ;)  

Also,  I've gotten a number of pounces by faking like I'm going to go in and then pounce them as they dodge themselves out of the flares radius.     ;)

Another side to this. If you've got someone flare camping because of disabled uv ground pound outside of the flares. 9/10 they'll be bloodthirsty and move in for the kill, not realizing you recover before the third hit and can get a pounce in at the last second.

I'm glad the issue with the GP not going off is getting fixed.  I've been paying attention and it does seem like when I flinch from being UVed the GP doesn't work.

I've also noticed a LOT of DFA's today.  Seems like it has really caught on.  For instance, a human on a roof just stands there, and when I come in for a spit, they don't dodge, but either swing if I land on the roof or jump for a DFA if I miss the roof.  I've been killed when I'm only a slightly below the roof line.  I also see survivors grappling higher than me without regard if I'm in pounce range (as I'm being UVed to death anyway) specifically to get a DFA.

I'm also still seeing DFAs from around corners and what not.  

Also, it seems a DFA will beat out pounce from below.  From my perspective I'm pouncing a human on the edge of a roof before he jumps, but instead what happens is I'm DFAed.  I understand the lag issue, but this ridiculous. 

I get it that a DFA is a OHK, but I think there should be some kind of defense against it.  Much like the small window the human has during a pounce, the NH should be able to defend against a DFA especially if he's looking right at the attacker.

I would think any OHK attack should have some sort of defense against it.  The NH has the pounce and a spike kill for OHKs.  Both are avoidable by either UV or dodging the GP or tackle respectively.  The survivors' OHKs are DFA and thrown 2-handed weapons, neither of which are interruptable.

Yes, tackle will beat out dropkick.  Groundpound also beats out dropkick, if they both triggered at the same time.  Flares already have a cooldown that we are happy with.  If 2 are spammed then there is a significant cooldown before they can throw another. There are a couple counters to them as well:

1. UV spits put out flares.

In regards to stamina,  you need to have 100% to pounce always.  That's not going to change.  However, you don't react to the light the same way in a 4v1 and a 1v1.  It takes far more UV to drain you in a 4v1 than it does in a 1v1!   :)

Thank you for the response, did not see the dropkick patch. I look forward to this coming to PS4. On last thing, more a question really....any chance of Night Hunters getting a few cosmetic perks? Oh, one more courtesy of my better half, being slashed midair. As can be easily seen, the night hunter jumps easily three times as high as a human, and many players will think to leap when surrounded, only to be slashed. Personally I feel this is intentional, but for her sake I ask.

Edited by Ahardie

Another side to this. If you've got someone flare camping because of disabled uv ground pound outside of the flares. 9/10 they'll be bloodthirsty and move in for the kill, not realizing you recover before the third hit and can get a pounce in at the last second.

Nice! I've never intentionally missed a GP.  I'll have to try that one!  If you are low on stamina a UV heal may work to draw them out as well ;)

I'm glad the issue with the GP not going off is getting fixed.  I've been paying attention and it does seem like when I flinch from being UVed the GP doesn't work.

I've also noticed a LOT of DFA's today.  Seems like it has really caught on.  For instance, a human on a roof just stands there, and when I come in for a spit, they don't dodge, but either swing if I land on the roof or jump for a DFA if I miss the roof.  I've been killed when I'm only a slightly below the roof line.  I also see survivors grappling higher than me without regard if I'm in pounce range (as I'm being UVed to death anyway) specifically to get a DFA.

I'm also still seeing DFAs from around corners and what not.  

Also, it seems a DFA will beat out pounce from below.  From my perspective I'm pouncing a human on the edge of a roof before he jumps, but instead what happens is I'm DFAed.  I understand the lag issue, but this ridiculous. 

I get it that a DFA is a OHK, but I think there should be some kind of defense against it.  Much like the small window the human has during a pounce, the NH should be able to defend against a DFA especially if he's looking right at the attacker.

I would think any OHK attack should have some sort of defense against it.  The NH has the pounce and a spike kill for OHKs.  Both are avoidable by either UV or dodging the GP or tackle respectively.  The survivors' OHKs are DFA and thrown 2-handed weapons, neither of which are interruptable.

A pounce will win out over a DFA as long as you trigger it before or the same time as the DFA connects.  You can't trigger it after they've already got you.  You usually need to make sure your UV block is on as Survivors will be hitting you with their UV light to prevent it as they are dropping down.  The Hunter has mobility on it's side!  That's your counter!  It's up to you to prevent yourself from being in a vulnerable position.  When you are close to fully drained you need to make sure that last tendril gets you to a rooftop!  Grapplehook usage cost will be increased for survivors as well.  They will have to think a little more about when they should use it.  Should be similar to the flare cost in BTZ.  DFA from too high can kill Survivors too!  I'm sure you've seen this more than once or twice ;)

Thank you for the response, did not see the dropkick patch. I look forward to this coming to PS4. On last thing, more a question really....any chance of Night Hunters getting a few cosmetic perks? Oh, one more courtesy of my better half, being slashed midair. As can be easily seen, the night hunter jumps easily three times as high as a human, and many players will think to leap when surrounded, only to be slashed. Personally I feel this is intentional, but for her sake I ask.

They hit you when you were in range on their machine. The Hunter jumps very high, very quickly but they are hitting you as you jump away if you see it from the Survivors perspective.  Depending on network conditions you might not get that notification until you are at your peak. The more lag the more delayed it may be.