Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
squid111

Crafting And Enchanting

2 posts in this topic

It has been mentioned a few times that enchanting and crafting will be available. In the Dead Island series you find weapons on enemies, in chests or you buy them. The first 2 methods have been confirmed but how will the crafting system work? Will we find weapons and upgrade like in Dead Island and Dying Light or will we pay the blacksmith for a weapon or get a customised weapon to suit our needs? Will we need to find crafting materials and maybe salvage weapons like in Diablo? Will crafting and enchanting be an end game source of powerful weaponry or a cool but underpowered system useful for those with bad luck finding good weapons. Would love to hear your thoughts, ideas and hopes.

On the fence on this one. The melee mechanics feel a little more viceral than L4D2's, but weapons break so fast it's almost a little ridiculous. After about four or five swings with a steel pipe the thing is already broken and unusable. Mostly i've been using my fists to beat the chupacabra outta zombies...

Not sure if it gets any better, but thus far the game feels pretty boring. It's open world but there's not much that rewards you for exploring. Most of the houses and shacks are blocked off in the first section, and the game feels completely built towards co-op. To the point where the voice acting will continually reference "You guys" and "your group" and "the guy who is immune" even if you're playing as the guns expert, who happens to be female. Kinda kills the single player experience a bit..

I also don't like the field of view for this game. I feel way too close to the perspective of my character, something about it is really off. Makes my eyes hurt.