Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrpeter

Openworld Games...and Movement - Is Parkour The Next Big Thing ?

3 posts in this topic

Hi

I just finished Sunset overdrive !! Great game and just plain fun to move around in, and the trend is more free movement in open world game - and then Parkour is the result....

But i dont want all my games to be parkour games...

And old open world game, like the Saboteur did it kind of perfect !! It let yous feel your had to work and it was hard to crawl building...

What are your thoughts ?

Parkour is a really fun option to have. But I don't think "Every" game will do it. Simply because it is a lot of effort to pull off the moving and speed and still make it seem natural. Especially in first person like Dying Light and Mirrors Edge had done. But hopefully Techland does keep this formula and continue to improve on it. 

Hi

I just finished Sunset overdrive !! Great game and just plain fun to move around in, and the trend is more free movement in open world game - and then Parkour is the result....

But i dont want all my games to be parkour games...

And old open world game, like the Saboteur did it kind of perfect !! It let yous feel your had to work and it was hard to crawl building...

What are your thoughts ?

Hello there,

just found this topic on google. I just finished Sunset Overdrive today and i absolutely loved the game, so i am here to ask if there is any similar parkour game to it i can play?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by parkourgames