Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lindsay711

Stupid Question

2 posts in this topic

I really wanted to play around with the developer tools as im usually really good at map editing and i wanted to give it a shot.

however i do not have a gaming pc (my laptop is on its last legs) and cannot buy a new one atm. I have dying light for the ps4 but u cant mod on consoles..Im a complete stranger to steam but i was wondering if i used a friends account who had purchased dying light for the pc if i could log into their steam account and use the developer tools without dling the game onto my laptop?

probably not rite? x_x 

I really wanted to play around with the developer tools as im usually really good at map editing and i wanted to give it a shot.

however i do not have a gaming pc (my laptop is on its last legs) and cannot buy a new one atm. I have dying light for the ps4 but u cant mod on consoles..Im a complete stranger to steam but i was wondering if i used a friends account who had purchased dying light for the pc if i could log into their steam account and use the developer tools without dling the game onto my laptop?

probably not rite? x_x 

Hey there,

As I understand it the developer tools use the assets directly from the game installed on your Computer from the steam directory.

Unfortunately that means that you would have to download Dying Light 'Full Game' in order to be able to access the developer tools and test them out.

However you could circumvent this by copying the game from your friends PC onto your laptop, provided you had an external harddrive and you live quite close to one another.

Edit: Once you have copied you would also need to pay for the game in order to use the tools, unless of course you are using your friends profile, or he has a steam shared library connection with you.

Edited by Rabid Squirrel